shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you feel about sushi?

Do you like sushi?

• Yes, I absolutely LOVE it!!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Don''t know, I''ve never tried it, but I''d like to.

• Don''t know, I''ve never tried it, and I probably never will!

• I don''t do fish of any sort.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Before I leave the country for grad school in a month (33 days, to be exact!), I''ve been catching up with all my friends to make sure I hang with them at least one more time before I leave. One of my wonderful friends whom I love dearly but only see a few times a year is getting together with me tonight for dinner, and we''re going to this fabulous sushi place where we went to college. I was kind of "eh" about sushi until she took me to this place--it''s a rotating sushi bar, has the widest assortment of sushi I''ve ever seen, there are chefs inside the rotating bar area that will make you custom dishes with the ingredients you specify, AND it''s just absolutely delicious!!! So we''re both quite excited, to see each other and to have an excuse to go to this fab restaurant!
9.gif

Anyway, it got me thinking about you guys and if you like sushi or not. I''ve found that a lot of the time, it has a polarizing effect on people, so I''m curious about what you think!

I''m going to attempt to turn this into a poll, but we''ll see how that goes....
32.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Oooh, the poll looks good! Yay, me! (I was a little afraid, since the how-to looked awfully complicated!)
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love sushi! Rod is trying to make me admit I am a carb fiend. Still, my favourites are the eel and cucumber rolls, or just the plain unagi. YUM!
9.gif
I don''t quite like raw tuna, salmon or otcupus. Anything with shrimp, eel, vegetables and fish eggs rule.
11.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love it. My FAVORITE is salmon sashimi
18.gif
I like Cali rolls and Philly Rolls.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't do fish of any sort.

I do like those cucumber rolls and the big veggie ones that have egg in them though. And I loves me some inari.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
MMMM, LOVE it. If you ask my kids what my favorite food is, they would say sushi. Mmmm.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Hubby adores sushi. Eats it all the time. Me, well I''ll eat it, but it''s not my frst shoice, LOL!!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hey Gwendolyn! I love your avatar
3.gif
. Do you have tickets for this tour?

I voted, "I love sushi"! Remember that sushi does not necessarily have to contain fish. I love the fried white sweet potato roll with just a hint of wasabi. There is no fish involved in that one. If I'm feeling like my toungue wants a little kick, I go for spicy tuna roll. I'm also not a big fan of fish eggs, so I always request that my rolls be made without them.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Well, if we are talking about the raw fish version of sushi - I will not eat it. No way!!! I am too paranoid about improper food handling. There is not a chance I will eat raw meat of any kind...I''m far too neurotic for that
1.gif

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
I would eat it every day, if I could! Sometimes, I make my BF run to Whole Foods to get me some basic rolls to scratch my itch. It''s not the best, but it works in a pinch!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 2:24:20 PM
Author: Love in Bloom
Hey Gwendolyn! I love your avatar
3.gif
. Do you have tickets for this tour?
*grins* I wish!! I loooooove seeing her in concert! She''s my favourite piano goddess.
9.gif

Author: Love in Bloom
I voted, ''I love sushi''! Remember that sushi does not necessarily have to contain fish. I love the fried white sweet potato roll with just a hint of wasabi. There is no fish involved in that one. If I''m feeling like my toungue wants a little kick, I go for spicy tuna roll. I''m also not a big fan of fish eggs, so I always request that my rolls be made without them.
Oh, you are so right! Sushi doesn''t have to contain fish, I forgot that. Sorry, folks!

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
Mmmmmm.... now I''m craving sushi............
3.gif

I don''t love spicy rolls (something about adding mayo to an otherwise lovely combination of rice and raw fish just doesn''t appeal to me), but everything else is fair game!! I like anything with tuna, eel, salmon, etc.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
I am with Omielove, I would eat it ALL the time if possible!! I have even tried to make it a few times, it came out so-so. I love any roll with tuna or crab, or eel sauce!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 2:19:18 PM
Author: Skippy123
I love it. My FAVORITE is salmon sashimi
18.gif
I like Cali rolls and Philly Rolls.

Mine too!!!!! I usually get 2 orders every time we go!

I LOVE sushi!!! Probably my next favorite type of food after Italian... now I am craving Sushi... darn... LOL

E B

Ideal_Rock
Blegh!
40.gif

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! But not those with funny saw shellfish though, but there are too many other options. Love them with lotsa wasabi!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
love it love it love it!!! However, only when it''s fresh. No prepackaged grocery store sushi for me. There is a night and day difference between fresh and non-fresh sushi.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 2:27:32 PM
Author: Miranda
Well, if we are talking about the raw fish version of sushi - I will not eat it. No way!!! I am too paranoid about improper food handling. There is not a chance I will eat raw meat of any kind...I'm far too neurotic for that
1.gif
I'm the same way! However, I LOOOOOOOVE any cooked sushi (which--correct me is I'm wrong--isn't really sushi anyway? ha!). Cali rolls, eel rolls, baked scallop rolls, yum yum yum! I also love the other stuff that goes along with eating at a sushi place: sunomo salad (my FAVE!), edamame, green tea.
18.gif

Thanks, gwendolyn, now I want sushi!!!

It's funny, I never ate sushi until I moved out of the midwest. It was there, just not popular (maybe it's not as good? fish not as fresh?). Anyway, in Southern California, it's pretty hard to avoid eating sushi from time to time. Lucky for ME!
9.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Love it, love it, love it! My favorite is nigiri. Put a tray af salmon and tuna nigiri in front of me and I''m good to go. I like sashimi too. Sometimes I eat Cali rolls... depends on if I''m in the mood for the seaweed.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
I''m craving sushi now too and was just thinking ''hey, why don''t [my friend I''m dining with tonight] and I go up the street to that great sushy place for dinner?'' and then I remembered I''m, like, 1000''s of miles away from the sushi place. At my dad''s house. Whoa, Weird. Ever forget where you are like that?

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I would eat it almost every night if I could!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
I would live on it if I could. It''s FI and my favourite food. I love raw beef too.

My favourites are salmon and seabass sashimi and california rolls.

FI would kill for Ikura (salmon eggs).

I bought a few books and FI bought me some amazing Japanese handmade knives for my birthday one year. They are from a samuri sword maker and sooo beautiful.

Now I cook sushi at home every few weeks and we stuff ourselves silly. I made it for 12 people for Christmas Eve a couple of years ago - it took ages to do.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
I love Sushi - my favourite being salmon sushi. When I was a kid I loved fish but back then the though of eating raw fish was disgusting, but I tried it one day and loved it. I thought it would taste, welll, fishy, but it didn''t at all. Especially with a hint of soy sauce and wasabi on it.

My absolute favourite is sashimi though. I could eat it every day but my purse strings won''t allow it!

My pet peeve is when people refer to california rolls as "sushi". Aaaarrrrgghhhh.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am very picky about my sushi. My friend''s hubby is a fish wholesaler and sells to some of the best sushi joints in LA, so he knows who buys the good stuff. We go to the a whole in the wall place in Santa Monica (I have to admit, Sushi is best on the westside) and my fav is when my friend brings in his own fish and the sushi chef preps it. It''s so unbelievably fresh!

The biggest bummer about being pregnant is that I can''t have sushi! Wah! I''m a bottomless pit when it comes to sushi....

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
^^^[meant for Sparkster
3.gif
] Well, I like Cali rolls, anyway...and tekka
2.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2007 3:52:58 PM
Author: musey

Date: 8/14/2007 2:27:32 PM
Author: Miranda
Well, if we are talking about the raw fish version of sushi - I will not eat it. No way!!! I am too paranoid about improper food handling. There is not a chance I will eat raw meat of any kind...I''m far too neurotic for that
1.gif
I''m the same way! However, I LOOOOOOOVE any cooked sushi (which--correct me is I''m wrong--isn''t really sushi anyway? ha!). Cali rolls, eel rolls, baked scallop rolls, yum yum yum! I also love the other stuff that goes along with eating at a sushi place: sunomo salad (my FAVE!), edamame, green tea.
18.gif

Thanks, gwendolyn, now I want sushi!!!

It''s funny, I never ate sushi until I moved out of the midwest. It was there, just not popular (maybe it''s not as good? fish not as fresh?). Anyway, in Southern California, it''s pretty hard to avoid eating sushi from time to time. Lucky for ME!
9.gif
Me, too, Musey! Cooked stuff I can eat. I *think* the raw stuff is sashimi. I could be wrong...I''m not a conniseour!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I only like the COOKED stuff like California roll, I HATE the other raw slimy stuff. I would maybe eat it if I were starving, but only maybe!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love sushi so much! When I lived in London, there was a fairly new sushi bar that had each dish on a conveyer belt, and each dish was colour coded to a price - you just plucked off the belt what you wanted and paid when you amassed your empty dishes of different colours.

I adore super white tuna sashimi, as well as yellow tail, and some assorted rolls. The best thing I've ever gotten at any sushi place is Mushroom Sushi - it's delicious!
3.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never heard of mushroom sushi...sounds good! I love sushi but it''s not something I could live on. I have it a few times a month maybe. I love salmon, tuna, and eel. Those are the ones I stick to because they seem safe to me. I can never remember what the terminology means.

*off to start a new thread*

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
ate it tonight
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results