shape
carat
color
clarity

How do you clean your diamond jewelry...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
.....other than using the Gemcare cleaning kit. I want to find out whats the alternative way to clean my diamond jewelry? Please share. Thanks in advance.
35.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Joelly if you do a search there are literally hundreds of threads on this topic. Hope that helps!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
I like my Ultrasonic Cleaner - it does a great job. I put it in there once every few weeks, as I generally keep the ring pretty clean and out of grimy things.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my cleaning toys.

clean123.jpg

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. With warmwater, a brush, and soap, my ring looks new again.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
little soft baby tooth brush and mild soap (dawn) and air dry works for me, then the semi annually take to my jeweler for the scrub down polishing
9.gif
and professional cleaning while I browse their jewelry collection.

joelly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 4:24:00 PM
Author: D&T
little soft baby tooth brush and mild soap (dawn) and air dry works for me, then the semi annually take to my jeweler for the scrub down polishing
9.gif
Ohhhh I love your idea!!!
36.gif

joelly

Ideal_Rock
I bought mine online so could I still have a B&M jeweler to clean my ring? I am affraid if they might exchange my stone while cleaning it. Its scare me to think of this.
7.gif
Help?!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 4:24:00 PM
Author: D&T
9.gif
I also use a baby toothbrush and a mild soap. After scrubbing and rinsing, I dry the top of the stone with a piece of tissue (the type for using in wrapping packages) as it provides a lint-free finish.

mayachel

Brilliant_Rock
I am continually amazed after 6 months of ownership, how much larger my diamond looks when clean vs. dirty. I use my toothbrush, warm water and some toothpaste. Sparkles brilliantly. I used to use dish detergent and boiling water, but discovered that the previously used method was much more time efficient.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to use my US daily but after shaking out a few channel set diamonds I now just use it to soak my jewelry after each "outing". Have a small steam cleaner I get out on the weekend and run through my diamonds and a few of my favorites.

Apsara

Shiny_Rock
Windex. Baby toothbrush. Warm water rinse.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
a few drops of Dawn dish detergent, a few drops of ammonia, hot water. soak. rinse. enjoy newly sparkling sparklies!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This local jeweler of mine, although I didn't buy anything from there yet, just browsing their collection and the SA just mentions to me they offer free cleaning and polishing whenever I want. Its just a courtesy that they do for all customers regardless of me buying their jewelry or not, However I am getting my reset done from them so I guess its working
9.gif
. But if you go to any jeweler, at least they will do a courtesy cleaning but not sure about the polishing though, many SA has asked me if they could clean my rings even Mall jewelers. So just step into a jewelry store browse their collection and ask if they don't mind cleaning your ring
2.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 12:26:56 PM
Author:joelly
.....other than using the Gemcare cleaning kit. I want to find out whats the alternative way to clean my diamond jewelry? Please share. Thanks in advance.
35.gif
I only use dish soap and amonia on the yellow gold and hard gemstones.Dish soap only on the white gold and sterling(a liquid cleaner and polishing cloth on the sterling when it turns dark)Against popular opinion with the forum, I dont use any type of brush on metals,but only on hard gems and a well soaked baby tooth brush.Since I have worked in several jewelry stores and seen how many sales associates treat jewelry when cleaning it and that the liquid cleaner may not be changed for several days at a time ,I always clean my own.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I use a baby toothbrush, warm water, and dish washing liquid. I gently scrub my rings with the toothbrush, and then I dry them with a lint-free cloth.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the toothbrush, warm water, and drop of dish detergent. I also use ammonia-free windex, and because we have hard water, I use filtered water to rinse. After blotting with a towel, I use an aerosol can of air (used for dusting computer keyboards, etc) on the top/front of my rings only. I have some bead set diamonds that could get dislodged if I blow from underneath. The air blast really blows out any residual water that will leave spots - just be careful to not get too close.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2009 10:17:14 PM
Author: mayachel
I use my toothbrush, warm water and some toothpaste.
Can someone set the record straight for me? I keep seeing conflicting ''reports'' on toothpaste. Many say it''s too abrasive and will damage metal and potentially stones as well in the long-run.

I use the gemcare liquid (soak while I''m showering, light scrubbing with a soft toothbrush, rinse), or dish soap + water in a pinch.

Connoisseur''s jewelry cleaner is nice too, the little travel tubes with gel are great (but leak a bit if you take them on a plane).

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
never use toothpaste on jewelry.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results