shape
carat
color
clarity

How do I tell my husband I want a new engagement ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would just tell him, I wanted a new wedding band for our 25th anniversary, I have been so many changes over the years, he was like OK whatever as long as its the last one, lol, and I told him sure it is for now anyways lol, good luck.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He set the stage for 5 years so go with it! My husband gets SO many compliments on my new ring he wishes he had done it sooner!

Margot

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/24/2009 12:02:11 PM
Author: Steel

Date: 4/23/2009 11:51:17 PM
Author: Elmorton
Q:How do I tell my husband I want a new engagement ring?

A: ''Husband, I want a new engagement ring.''

2.gif

Seriously - I think it was my priest who, in our pre-marital counseling, said that in a marriage, it''s important to tell your spouse what you want. Whether it''s a diamond or a new car, simply sit down and say ''I''ve thought about it, and this is something I want. What do you think?''
Thritto.

Hi & Welcome CaliSun,
35.gif

Approaching your 4th, you will know by now that men need a little prompting from time to time. This is such a time.
Quatritto. :)

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
I agree - I just need to say it. I guess since I really want this, I am nervous to broach the conversation... Which is surprising since I''m usually pretty straighforward and direct.
But it will happen sooner rather than later!
And, yes - I am in the US for what it''s worth. I''m in sunny California
1.gif

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Well, I finally told him!
And you were all right - it wasn''t as difficult as I thougt.
However, surprisingly enough, this was nowhere on his radar! He thought I was trying to have the "honey I want to have babies" talk with him!!
I said my peace, he clarified what I was talking about and then fell silent....... I made sure to be clear that I would like a ring of my own as we discussed.
I let it be - but I will not let this rest for long. Maybe next time we are out I will suggest exploring a jewelry store for fun and see how he reacts.
It''s been years (umm 11 now, 4 that we''ve been married), after all - and I am excited to research more and start trying on some pretty rings!
30.gif

I agree with all of you who feel that the ring I was given is indeed special. I didn''t mean to express my feelings about this ring negatively. That ring means very much to me and I wouldn''t trade it for the world. It''s just not me.

BTW - Makemepretty - Happy (belated) Anniversary!
Wow! 18 years!! Congrats!!!
36.gif

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/23/2009 11:51:17 PM
Author: Elmorton
Q:How do I tell my husband I want a new engagement ring?

A: ''Husband, I want a new engagement ring.''

2.gif

Seriously - I think it was my priest who, in our pre-marital counseling, said that in a marriage, it''s important to tell your spouse what you want. Whether it''s a diamond or a new car, simply sit down and say ''I''ve thought about it, and this is something I want. What do you think?''
Thanks for such great advice!

A couple of days ago, my hubby actually brought this up to me - following up to our original conversation. He was apparently thinking about it in the days that passed. He wanted me to know that the financial climate these days is not the best for spending from savings comfortably. So, I thanked him for keeping my happiness in mind and reminded him that this doesn''t need to happen immediately.

Having the luxury of time is great right now and we will both feel good about such an important purchase when the time is right.
Which, in my estimation will be in about a year
28.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results