color
clarity

How Do Americans Say Specific Words?

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1370790784|3462071 said:
woofmama|1370745471|3461883 said:
packrat|1370659969|3461332 said:
You'd have to go to a waaaaay bigger metropolitan area to find a traffic circle/rotary...I had to look it up, I didn't know what it was. We're simple folk and confused by these things. You can ask my dad about the time we were following him to Omaha and encountered something similar and we just went around and around and around. I would call it "What the F is this shit? Where are we going?" but that's not an option.

LMAO! Just took the quiz with my husband. We have one of these circles near us. I asked him what he would call it and he said F***ed up!

In regard to the rest of the quiz- I'm a Chicago girl, born & raised. When I met up with Enerchi, Rosebloom and DeeJay, none of whom are Chicagoans, they all commented on my strong accent. Every one of my friends sound just like me. The answers in this quiz were spot on. Very fun!
:shock: WHAT??!! You have an accent woofmama? I hardly noticed....

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ya hey there my little Canadian-Ka rook rook rook Ka rook rook rook!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Take off to the great white north Hoser :lol:
My son is in awe of you! He spent the rest of the school year speaking Canadian in all his classes :lol:

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
There are many "rotaries" in Massachusetts and we called it a "rotary."
The signs also say "ROTARY" and show an arrow for direction.
Many are very dangerous and drivers dislike them because other drivers do not yield
before entering one. Also, bushes or shrubs sometimes block your view before
entering a rotary....a real problem.
Personally, I don't like them at all.

hippi_pixi

Brilliant_Rock
well i'm from Downunder and i think YALL TALK FUNNY!!

*runs away*

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
I'm originally from NYC, we are now in SW FL early on I was PTO president at my DD's school. I stood up and made my whole spiel about who the PTO is and how we help the school. All the activities planned for the year etc. I then opened the floor for questions... First one...so what part of NY are you from?? Lol
My students love when I say WARTER (water) and CAWFEE( coffee) even though I don't think I do!!
This year in Careers class I was telling the kids that tourism is very big here and a job in the tourism industry is a good choice for them and more than one student thought I was saying terrorism industry!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results