shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you spend your day? Did Santa visit?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We spent the morning at our house, lounging around. We opened the gift my parents sent us -- tickets to visit the Biltmore House and an overnight in the area. We''re so excited to go. We''re getting a candle light tour and I can''t wait. I''m hoping to take lots of pictures.

Later this afternoon we went to my cousin''s house and had dinner with his family. It was so nice of them to invite us to spend the day with them (we don''t keep in close touch but it''s always fun to see them). The funny thing was that during the middle of dinner, my cousin got up when the phone rang and he said he had an emergency to take care of at work. He left and we were wondering what had happened that was so bad that he had to leave on Christmas. Turned out, he had gone to the airport to pick up his wife''s sister and her partner -- it was a surprise for his wife''s parents, who were also visiting. It was such a great surprise for them -- they were thrilled.

We left shortly after and now we''re about to watch a movie. It''s been a fun day! I''m sad that we couldn''t be with my family or my husband''s, but we saw them not too long ago so it''s so that bad.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Santa came and visited my boys this morning and then we spent the afternoon with the inlaws and now we are getting ready for Christmas dinner, its been a very good day.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had a wonderfully lazy day so far
5.gif

Santa visited FI and brought a new guitar and accessories... no santa for me, though, I got (and opened!) all my stuff early.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We thought it was just going to be the 4 of us b/c of the weather. JD called mom and dad this am, and dad''s like "Yep, we''re coming-gotta dig out of the field first, but we''ll be there" haha-the sucky part about being in the country is during blizzards the snow drifts so bad, so we always used to park in one of the fields by the terraces. My parents are a bit odd about the snow. I remember being a kid and they''d want to go have coffee in town-so we''d all get bundled up and trudge out to the field to the truck. Mom and dad kept shovels in the back, and they''d drive as far as they could on the highway, and then dig thru drifts, drive, dig thru drifts..10 miles to town to sit for 2 hours and drink coffee..and then go back home.

Family friends (we call them Aunt/Uncle or "in town parents") of my parents didn''t have their family get together b/c of the weather, so we had them come down too w/their daughter who drove in from Nebraska-she and I used to play w/when we were little-I rarely see her anymore, so that was nice. She''s super sweet. Her parents just live a few houses away so it''s nice to be close.

Another aunt stopped by too, and we all watched the kids open their gifts

everlong_x

Shiny_Rock
We stayed the entire day with DH's family. My parents came over for Christmas lunch, and stayed until 7 or so. It was a wonderful, relaxing day. All I had to do was hand out presents, open presents, and knit.
9.gif

I met DH's paternal grandmother for the first time - she's the most precious little lady. She kept whispering to FIL, "Mijo, what if their children have blue eyes? And have his dark skin and her blue eyes? Ay, mijo!" DH is 1/2 Hispanic, and I'm the whitest anyone could ever be, so she's very excited about how our future children will look. SO CUTE.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We had a lovely days too. It''s just been very relaxing and with the house all decorated, festive too. As for Santa: I''m particularly enjoying my new earrings from my husband:

07M28LK.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy, I love your new earrings.

We slept in, opened our stockings, had waffles for breakfast then just watched TV. DH played his new PC game and we went out for dinner with my parents.

Tonight I made another batch of candy cane cookies - my husband''s favorite Christmas cookie since we were out of them.

Santa came a few weeks ago for both of us. I got some orange sapphire jewelry and he got a new monitor for his PC and an espresso machine.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love your earrings Gypsy!!

We went to our best friends last night, for a fun Christmas Eve party. Slept in a bit this morning. Rob and I got up to do the cooking. He made his Dad a Frittata, it came out perfectly. I did the eggs and bacon.. We had fresh fruit, etc..

Then we opened presents. Hubby kept asking where are the rest of my presents.. Oh he's a silly one. He's the first one to say don't buy me anything, you all spend too much during the year...
11.gif

Loved just hanging out, and cracking jokes and having fun. You get 2 kids, that haven't been together, there are going to be some cracks. All in good fun!! Oh and Casper got a Christmas sweater because he's soooo old and his hair is thinning,. He gets sooo cold.
Of course everyone had to make fun of it, but as they saw he was rocking it, and loved it, they now love it too. Funny how that works.
11.gif
31.gif

Then we drove to Princeton to be with MIL, FIL, SIL, BIL and Nephew. Had a wonderful time, and an amazing dinner.
BUt I may be in the dog house, we brought the doggies, as it's an hour drive each way and would be there for hours, and didn't have a hope or a prayer of finding someone to watch them on Christmas. One of them peed on her carpet....
32.gif
I know I am going to get it.. Aw well, if that's the worst thing to happen , it's all good!!!!
31.gif

It was a great Christmas!!!
36.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you both, I''m loving them. They have great lobe coverage and are very comfortable.

We just had dinner and are just watching TV. Moments of peace like this are so rare. I love Christmas.

Hope everyone''s days have continued to be great.

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spent Christmas Eve icing a gazillion cupcakes for gifts, then had DH''s mum''s side of the family over for dinner. Christmas Day I was up early to make a lemon meringue pie, then it was off to my parent''s house for lunch, and to DH''s dad''s side for dinner. Today DH and my family are heading out for dinner for my brother''s 30th. When will it end?!
9.gif
I''m blowing up like a blowfish with all this eatin''! And I love it.
41.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Fun earrings, Gypsy.

We spent the day watching movies on the new blue ray while the kids played with their toys. I stayed in my pjs the whole day
1.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy -- I love your new earrings!

Diamondrnglover -- I''m glad you had such a good day with your family.

Yssie -- what kind of guitar did your FI get? My husband has an electric and an acoustic guitar but he hasn''t played in a long time.

Packrat -- it sounds like you had a nice day with your family/friends. Did your parents ever invest in a coffee maker so they wouldn''t have to dig through snow drifts? Just wondered.
9.gif

Everlong -- I''m glad you got along so well with your husband''s grandmother. That''s funny that she''s already thinking about what your children will look like!

Marcy --
35.gif
I saw your sapphire jewelry and it''s gorgeous!

Kaleigh -- it sounds like you and your family had the perfect day. About the dog''s accident, hey, it happens. I''d be surprised if someone was actually upset over it.

Andi -- as much as I love all the treats that come our way over the holidays, I''m getting a little sick of them at this point. It didn''t stop me from having a few of my cousin''s chocolate dipped pretzels and Oreos yesterday though.
18.gif

MC -- I love spending the day in my PJs sometimes. It sounds like you and your family had a great day!

I can''t wait to go to the mountains tomorrow and get away for a couple of days with my husband. Should be fun.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe, we did the candle light tour at the Biltmore House and loved it; I still think fondly of that time visiting. What a wonderful gift!!!!!! Take pics if you can and have a fun trip!

Gypsy, can't wait to see your pics! hehe

Hubby and I got up early and started making the Christmas meal, a smoked chicken and lots of vegetables. Then family came over and opened presents and ate the xmas meal. It was a great time and fun to hold the baby and see my older nephew excited over his gifts and just being with the family. hehe We now have 3 boxes of See's candy so it will last us the whole year!!!
2.gif
3.gif

Then hubby and I opened a bottle of wine and cleaned up!! My older nephew had tons of energy so my hubby and nephew cleaned up the luminarias from the driveway and sidewalk out front and my sister and I had fun chatting. Today we slept in which was wonderful!
9.gif
My parents are coming over soon for chicken lentil veggie soup.
3.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Well, we did not arrive back home until late on the 23rd. So I spent the entirety of the 24th baking like a crazy woman! In the evening we spent our traditional Christmas Eve with my husband''s father and his wife. Christmas day morning meant my famous cinnamon rolls for breakfast followed by a few hours of presents. This is my favorite every year! I just love watching my family open the gifts that I have carefully chosen for them. Then we did dinner with my MIL and her new boyfriend, which was an experience! It was busy, but good
9.gif

So glad the rest of our wonderful psers also has nice holidays!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Nothing like a little Gypsy bling to smack me out of lurkdom.
18.gif

I have been suffering from vertigo the last week so it was touch and go. That''s what I get for waiting until the last minute to go shopping.
7.gif
But I rallied on the 24th, because I was able to get to the vestibular clinic on the 23rd and the treatment helped me out a lot.

So I started with my Moms house on xmas eve. I skipped going with DD and SIL to his grandmother''s house afterwards because I was still unsteady and queasy and don''t like driving in a vertigo state.

Xmas morning I went with DD and SIL to his sister''s house for xmas brunch with their kids. Then off to SIL''s aunt for xmas dinner and the Charger game, and then yet again, to SIL''s other aunt for the LARGE family gathering I missed out on xmas eve. It''s exhausting eating all that food.
31.gif

Today, I stayed in my PJ''s all day and read a book I got for xmas. I just refuse to look at the dirty dishes in the kitchen. I''ll get to it tomorrow.

It sounds like you all had a wonderful day. Yayayayayaya.

p.s. Packrat...that story of the coffee was hysterical. I can just picture all of you shoveling down the road.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
I had a lovely Christmas, which I spent with my family. Santa came and bought me my dream Christmas gift (1ctw diamond studs. 0.50 ct each G/SI1). I think my FI may have had a little word with Santa
2.gif

IMG_0626jpg4.JPG

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Best present ever - apart from a diamond studded coffee mug of course was the Perplexus

Hours and hours of fun. Best thing since the original Super Mario Brothers.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/27/2009 9:01:40 AM
Author: Londongirl1
I had a lovely Christmas, which I spent with my family. Santa came and bought me my dream Christmas gift (1ctw diamond studs. 0.50 ct each G/SI1). I think my FI may have had a little word with Santa
2.gif
yay, beautiful, what a sweet FI!!!!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results