shape
carat
color
clarity

How did you know when you were done having kids?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1312229355|2981770 said:
I always thought I was done. But I KNEW I was done when I had a pregnancy scare back in January, and the thought that I didn't have to keep the baby kept crossing my mind.

Awful thought, but I knew then I was done. Thank god I wasn't pregnant.

Ah the lovely pregnancy scare! I would be so nervous being pregnant now at my old age (lol!) Also, nine months w/out drinking would nearly throw me over the edge.

Then there is "the baby" choking on the millions of legos my kids scatter about...lol

But, if I did find myself preg, I'd be good, take vitamins and sell all the legos on CL to be on the safe side!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
TravelingGal|1312229355|2981770 said:
I always thought I was done. But I KNEW I was done when I had a pregnancy scare back in January, and the thought that I didn't have to keep the baby kept crossing my mind.

Awful thought, but I knew then I was done. Thank god I wasn't pregnant.

I love PS mommies :appl: :appl: :appl:

Thanks for being so honest, TGal. Lots of people would have censored that and it's nice to know that the ladies here will tell it like it really is.

Back to lurking now...

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal I'm glad you didn't actually have to make that choice! I find with a lot of important issues you don't know how you really feel until in the situation. But you can't really use that method in this case unfortunately, at least not on purpose.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
when DH made The Appointment from the hospital bedside mere hours after #3 was born!

after #2 was born we were pretty certain we were done. we talked about DH having 'the operation' but we never did make The Appointment. then i held a newborn, mentioned i could maybe see a third... and wah-lah! i got preggers. two weeks after #3 was born, DH was a permanently changed man. :))

i am definitely in the 'you WILL know' camp. we didn't have conviction that we were done after #2; i think we felt as you seem to be feeling now. conviction came once i was pregnant with #3 and we've never, not once, second-guessed our decision to end our baby-making days and focus on survival. ;))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results