shape
carat
color
clarity

How crazy is this???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Molly1024

Shiny_Rock
My mother in law lost her original engagement ring about a week ago in Ohio, where they live. She has had that diamond for over 30 years, and loved it. She had accepted that her ring was gone forever, and they came to visit us in Florida for the weekend. Saturday night I showed her Whiteflash's website and we talked about getting a replacement; she wanted the same kind of stone, .75ish RB in a thick, two toned setting. I told her to talk to her insurance company, and I would help her when she was ready.

They left this morning, and a couple of hours later, my husband and I were sitting in the guest room, cleaning up and talking about their trip. Suddenly, my dog started barking at the cable behind the door. I looked down & there was my mother in law's ring! Somehow it had hitched a ride to FL safe & sound! We called her, and she was in shock- then she was so happy she cried. It's unbelievable that that little ring got down here and wasn't lost in along the way on the airplane or somewhere outside. I'm taking it to my jeweler's tomorrow to get it polished & rhodiumed as a surprise, then overnighting it to her on Wednesday.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a great lost and found story! So glad your MIL''s ring turned up! That is so sweet of you to get it fixed up before sending it back to her. I''m sure she''ll be thrilled to see it like new!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amazing!!! And that really is a terrific idea to clean the ring up before sending it to her!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a great story! And you''re so sweet to suprise her with a ring cleaning!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy smokes, that is awesome! I am so glad you found it!!! Neat story!
36.gif

sera

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That is crazy! I''m so happy for her!
21.gif

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whoa! that''s nuts! hmmm, is it odd that the song ''reunited and it feeeels so go-ood'' popped into my head? anyway, it''s so nice of you surprise her with having it shined up! she''s going to love that!

*ahem* can''t get that stupid song out of my head now.... geez!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
what a wonderful ending!
36.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gotta love a story with such a happy ending!! Thank goodness your dog is apparently a diamond lover and "found" the ring for you and your MIL!!! That''s awesome, I bet your MIL will be ecstatic to get a brand new ring back!
36.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a great story! How lucky she is.

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Ah aren't you the best DIL ev-a!!
36.gif
What a great idea! Be sure to size the ring while you have it. Your FIL may want to surprise her someday...and you can be his secret weapon.

What or how is your theory? You are there in the floorplan. Maybe she was packing and it got caught in the luggage somehow? You can't just leave us hanging. Throw out a theory...was that where her luggage was placed? Could it have been in her robe or something?

RainyDaze...you and I think just alike
1.gif
1.gif
...Reunited...too funny! It seems everything with me has a theme song. Suppose my growing up in America is to blame? Everything has a theme or a jingle.

DKS

I sure hope your dog gets a very special package from your MIL! It would be too cute!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Phew!! I bet she loves her daughter in law right now!!! I imagine that she is overjoyed, how wonderful you found it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is great! Is your dog a trained diamond sniffer :)? That is very nice of you to get it cleaned and back to her safely!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results