shape
carat
color
clarity

How Concerned Are You??? (Poll)

How concerned are you about what may happen in the U.S. on and after Nov. 3rd?

• Very concerned and taking action/prepping for myself/family (please elaborate)

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • Somewhat concerned but not doing anything about it

Votes: 23 52.3%
  • Not at all concerned

Votes: 10 22.7%

• Total voters

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
November is fast approaching. I’m concerned, my husband isn’t but he’s humoring me as I start to stock up (again) on toilet paper, beans, rice, peanut butter, and coffee. So I thought I’d start a poll.

This is not a poll or discussion about political opinions/political candidates/political parties. Those discussions are BANNED. This is about psychology - worry, tolerance for uncertainty, and taking action to allay our fears. This about what may or may not happen in the U.S. in the coming weeks, possibly months.

Please cast your vote above and share your thoughts below. :)

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its hurricane season so I stay prepped...lol

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope.

scouty

Brilliant_Rock
Been stocking up on canned goods and water. Still can't find any anti-bacterial hand soap. Probably will order more TP and paper towels this week. Not gonna lie... a little concerned about a 2nd wave and possible unrest. Hoping for the best though!

inne

Shiny_Rock
I am very concerned about what will happen in the US, but I do not live there. I am trying to not really think about it too much because there's nothing I can do to help (aside from sending in my ballot, which I have!).

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
My concern continues unabated, we always do winter prep restock around this time as we get at least one or two Nor'Easters that can keep us without power for 3/4 days or up to a week; also, where I live grocery stores aren't too near and having all the dry goods already just makes smaller, easier trips to pick up fruit /veg etc.

oodlesofpoodles

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am not at all concerned with election caused unrest where I live in the middle of the country. I am concerned with being locked down again because of spikes in cases in my immediate area and that some supplies of some things would be unavailable so I am checking the pantry for things that are running low and restocking the freezer. Nothing crazy.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
With covid yes because we are going up in my area.
Anything else no.
Then again I always have a supply of stuff on hand.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
anti-bacterial hand soap.
FDA banned it over fake outrage that it causes super bugs where there is not evidence of it happening and no studies showed it would happen.
Each maker that wanted to make it had a do their own study at several hundred thousand dollars up to multi-millions for a study.
Then their competitors could just do a study that says see their study so no one was going to do it.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve been keeping things stocked..but not overstocked. I‘m a little more worried but am trying to just go with the flow. I am getting doctor visits out of the way..so that gives me piece of mind.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i think either way the election goes, there will be political unrest ...

with autumn transitioning into winter, my concern is with infection rates going up and the, continued care taken, to physical distance and shelter in place

yes, i am mentally, emotionally, psychologically "prepping" for continued isolation

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only way I can deal with all that is happening is one day at a time and when that’s overwhelming I take it one hour at a time.

I’m confident we will go through a second and perhaps third wave. But we will all get through it. We just have to be smart and take precautions and take it one day at a time.

And every day I remind myself of all I’m grateful for and all the good things in our life. Gratitude goes a long way in helping get through challenging times.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FDA banned it over fake outrage that it causes super bugs where there is not evidence of it happening and no studies showed it would happen.
Each maker that wanted to make it had a do their own study at several hundred thousand dollars up to multi-millions for a study.
Then their competitors could just do a study that says see their study so no one was going to do it.

Thanks for posting this, Karl.
Somehow I missed that story.

I've always just bought/used regular bar soap, but my SO prefers anti-bacterial hand soap.
He buys anti-bacterial Softsoap at Costco, and just bought some last week.

A check of the label shows Colgate-Palmolive (Softsoap's owner) continues to deceive customers they hope are ignorant, as was I when I missed that story.

Now the label says, "WASH AWAY BACTERIA".
What a sleazy marketing and legal team.
Notice the phrasing.
"WASH AWAY BACTERIA" carefully does not make the claim that their product actually washes away bacteria. :roll::nono:

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 5.08.23 PM.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting this, Karl.
Somehow I missed that story.

I've always just bought/used regular bar soap, but my SO prefers anti-bacterial hand soap.
He buys anti-bacterial Softsoap at Costco, and just bought some last week.

A check of the label shows Colgate-Palmolive (Softsoap's owner) continues to deceive customers they hope are ignorant, as was I when I missed that story.

Now the label says, "WASH AWAY BACTERIA".
What a sleazy marketing and legal team.
Notice the phrasing.
"WASH AWAY BACTERIA" carefully does not make the claim that their product actually washes away bacteria. :roll::nono:

Screen Shot 2020-10-14 at 5.08.23 PM.jpg

im with bar soap too
i like the feel of it
its cheap but it still smells good
its good and honest
(maybe it should stand for public office)

liquid soap has so much market share - it doesn't last very long and needs a refill
i miss lifeboy and Norsca (when i go overseas thats what i look for )

i do have both liquid soap and bar soap at the bathroom sink (for quests) but i find it quite messy
i read years ago that antibacterial soap shouldn't be used regulary
and i think if we have learnt one thing from this pandemic it is that plain old soap and water is king

ive known mothers of boys in particular who have antibacterial because they don't think they kids wash enough but my MIL did a pretty good job back in the '50's & '60's teaching her boys to wash and be clean and to wash up before eatting and after using the bathroom
i have never brought antibacterial soap on purpose - its like 3 times the price anyway

i just forget the soap brand that ran brillant adds here through the lockdown (maybe Dove?)- they promoted their brand but also said they didn't mind what people used so long as they washed their hands

Here we just could not get hand sanitizer here full stop- local Companies had to start up manufacture. One of the universities made it for their own med school
i did finally get some handsanarizer finally
it has been manufactured by a great local company i have had long dealings with through my jobs - they usually make garden chemicals and rat poison :lol-2:
i have it at the front door to take when we go out

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i am always worried for America but i also have faith that 99% of the population are just good people
i don't judge you for who you vote for - i want to be freinds with you all :mrgreen2:
i get more worried about your hurricanes and tornadoes and storms than anything else
as for covid, i most sincerely wish you could all be here in NZ for the duration (after 14 days in managed isolation) but saddly you are not the only country who are having major covid problems and an unacceptable death tool (our toll i think is now 25 and i think that is unacceptable because it was completly prevebtable)
but we very really do civil unrest here
yes we have protests but we don't do rioting almost at all
elections are every 3 years
if you don't like it vote them out next time
.....running out the door to vote

i now how 2x 4 packs of loo roll in my reserve in the linnen cupboard
that's twice as much from before covid !

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
The societal turmoil that will surely result regardless of who wins is concerning me almost as much as COVID these days. But I’m hopeful that with late fall/winter setting in fewer bad things will happen in the streets of many cities.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh...hadnt even thought about it.

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I live in Chicago, and am considering leaving the city for the week of the election. My husband thinks I'm worrying over nothing, but I could use some time in nature anyway.

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
I live in Chicago, and am considering leaving the city for the week of the election. My husband thinks I'm worrying over nothing, but I could use some time in nature anyway.

I totally agree with you. I’m in the far suburbs so I’m not quite as concerned about street violence, more about possible supply chain interruptions. But if I lived in Chicago proper I think I’d leave too.

A log cabin with a fireplace in Starved Rock or Galena or in the woods of WI or MI sounds wonderful about now. Maybe someplace on the lake in Saugatuck. Anyway, enjoy your time in nature if you decide to temporarily escape! =)2

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results