shape
carat
color
clarity

How can this be an SI1?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

g8erh8er

Rough_Rock
Just took delivery of my diamond. It''s beautiful in person and if my memory serves me right it grades a 1.3 on the cut advisor. Good enough for me.

G color
1.06 carat
SI1
Ideal everything

Here''s my question. The inclusions in this diamond are extremely minimal. The top portion is inclusion free except for a tiny needle on the outermost edge. The bottom has just a couple needles/feathers. I just don''t see how it rated as an SI1. If you want to view the report, type LD00363152 in BlueNile''s search function and it will bring the diamond up.

Can someone look at the report and tell me what they think? Did I just get a really decent SI1?

KSparkles

Rough_Rock
I have an SI1 as my center stone, and every jeweler/appraiser who has seen it says it should really be a VS2 (FI saved a few bucks by going with a very very clean SI1!). It''s graded by AGS and only has a small feather and a tiny little dot - that''s it! I think it depends on the person/grading agency looking at the stones. I''m not sure what an average SI1 would have though, so maybe a more knowledgeable Pscoper can help you out on whether that''s a good deal or not...

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi & welcome to pricescope!

It's totally possible. I have a G/SI1 and feel similarly about it. Till this day I have never been able to find my plotted inclusions, and I *swear* it is a VVS1 or an IF.
9.gif
Good enough for my 40+ eyes.

That said, each stone is so individual. Sometimes you get really lucky with what you find. I checked out the cert on the BN website and since it comes with the AGS cert, and it sure looks like a winner. I'd venture to say, yes, it's indeed possible. Enjoy your beautiful stone and incase you are not aware, pictures are required at your first chance.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results