shape
carat
color
clarity

How Bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Just wanted to tell you a funny story about my ring. Before I was engaged (when I was researching what kind of rings I would be able to get for the budget) there were two diamonds I that stood out to me on Blue Nile. I saved the links to them because they seemed to be good on paper. You can''t exactly view the diamonds so I was just going off the stats provided in the website. Anyway, fast forward to my engagement. I actually looked back yesterday to see if they were purchased yet and I noticed one of them was! I look closely at the stats to the ring purchased and it looks a lot like mine, so when I compared the GIA''s, it WAS the same diamond!! He actually purchased the diamond I picked out from BN!! Well, he didn''t buy it through BN, rather at the diamond district, but to make a long story short, I got the diamond I was eyeing all along. How funny...out of all the diamonds in the world, he picked the one I chose. I guess we really are soul-mates.
2.gif

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Oh...Just to clarify some points...I didn''t actually point out that particular diamond to him. Nor does he have access to my laptop. It''s something I was looking at on my own and he just happened to purchase that one.

miss_flo

Shiny_Rock
That is such a great coincidence, literally a one in a million chance :) Kudos to your DF, you''ve got a keeper!

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Wow, what a coincidence! A good sign!

jcarlylew

Ideal_Rock
aw
9.gif
very cute!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that''s so freaky!!!!!!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
happydreams! That is pretty neat. What are the chances? When I was reading that all I could think to myself was "Well, it was meant to be!" If that isn''t a positive sign, I don''t know what is.
2.gif

NakedFinger

Brilliant_Rock
Haha happy the same thing happened to us! (Only I was there when he bought the same diamond).

I had started researching diamonds online, and found THE diamond. In the interim, my SO started researching and contacted a jeweler. He gave specs of the kind of diamond we were looking for to a jeweler in the diamond district, and he got a phone call from the jeweler stating that he had a few selections brought in for him to see. So he went in, narrowed them down, and asked me to come in to see the one he picked. Well a few days later, I got a phone call from the online company, stating that the diamond I put on hold was purchased by a jeweler for him to show to clients, but if it didnt get used, they would let me know. Now I was really bummed because I though that diamond was perfect, but was trying to optomistic because we had some to see later.

Well when we got to the jeweler and I fell in love with the diamond, I asked for the specs, and when he told me I was like "wow what a coincidence, these are the EXACT same specs of a diamond i was looking at online". We''ll turns out, it WAS the diamond I had picked out online!

lucyandroger

Brilliant_Rock
I love that! What a great story!!

And congrats on your engagement, btw
36.gif

wishinpink

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 12:47:44 AM
Author:happydreams
Just wanted to tell you a funny story about my ring. Before I was engaged (when I was researching what kind of rings I would be able to get for the budget) there were two diamonds I that stood out to me on Blue Nile. I saved the links to them because they seemed to be good on paper. You can''t exactly view the diamonds so I was just going off the stats provided in the website. Anyway, fast forward to my engagement. I actually looked back yesterday to see if they were purchased yet and I noticed one of them was! I look closely at the stats to the ring purchased and it looks a lot like mine, so when I compared the GIA''s, it WAS the same diamond!! He actually purchased the diamond I picked out from BN!! Well, he didn''t buy it through BN, rather at the diamond district, but to make a long story short, I got the diamond I was eyeing all along. How funny...out of all the diamonds in the world, he picked the one I chose. I guess we really are soul-mates.
2.gif

That''s really cute! and awesome!

b.anna

Shiny_Rock
awww, very cuute! a diamond match made in heaven :)

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
Date: 5/5/2009 1:21:17 PM
Author: NakedFinger
Haha happy the same thing happened to us! (Only I was there when he bought the same diamond).

I had started researching diamonds online, and found THE diamond. In the interim, my SO started researching and contacted a jeweler. He gave specs of the kind of diamond we were looking for to a jeweler in the diamond district, and he got a phone call from the jeweler stating that he had a few selections brought in for him to see. So he went in, narrowed them down, and asked me to come in to see the one he picked. Well a few days later, I got a phone call from the online company, stating that the diamond I put on hold was purchased by a jeweler for him to show to clients, but if it didnt get used, they would let me know. Now I was really bummed because I though that diamond was perfect, but was trying to optomistic because we had some to see later.

Well when we got to the jeweler and I fell in love with the diamond, I asked for the specs, and when he told me I was like ''wow what a coincidence, these are the EXACT same specs of a diamond i was looking at online''. We''ll turns out, it WAS the diamond I had picked out online!

:) I can''t believe it happened to you too!!! What shape of stone do you have?
To be fair, I had very specific things I wanted in my stone...and emeralds ARE a fancy shape, so it might have been easier for it to be a coincidence...

happydreams

Shiny_Rock
So....I guess a portion of blue nile diamonds come from the diamond district (or the DD is one of BN''s sources). I believe if the diamond is purchased through the website, the DD vendor just gets a cut of the proceeds from the website purchase price. That is why it the diamond could have been discovered through the website, or through visitors to the diamond district vendors like my FF.

Am I correct here? Any experts welcome to jump in if I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results