shape
carat
color
clarity

How bad is it out there?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
The best experince I have had in a B&M store was Hudson Poole in Tuscaloosa. A friend of mine visiting from Birmingham wanted to see a Micheal B ring and they carry that line (and sevral other high end designers). She walked in in jeans tank and flipflos and I had on the clothing I work with Toddlers in. I had been on my feet for hours and I am sure looked not to grat in my polo and jeans. But we were still treated nicely. John showed us the rings we were there to see and listend to our feedback about them, he then showed us some others which were similair but with slight modifications.
After she had tried on maybe 30 rings
20.gif
he started talking about the importance of cut and how it will impact the look of the diamond the most. He showed us two diamonds which were both just over a carat and H si1 one was an ideal cut the other was not. He then walked about 15 feet away to show how much more you will notice the sparkle of a well cut diamond. He also had a hearts and arrows veiwer and told me that to be sure that I was getting a good cut that I would need more info then a GIA report gave. He was polite and friendly and when I mentioned buying a stone online he told me to look for information pictures and a money back with a time frame promise. He didnt scoff or try and disuade me.
I spent maybe an hour in his store and he has called me personally twice trying to help me find the setting that I am dreaming of.
I am willing to pay the premium for service, which I might add isnt much, to be treated so well. I went back about a week later and purchased two graduation gifts and a birthday gift. And yes he remembered my name and what I liked. That is what I look for.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results