shape
carat
color
clarity

How are you ringing in the new year?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Just trying to figure out what the boyfriend and I are going to do for New Year''s Eve this year. We''ll be spending it together (for the first time!), probably somewhere in the UK, but that''s as detailed as our plans have gotten so far. So, inspire me with your ideas! What are you lovely PSers up to this NYE? You going out to party hard, staying in for a quiet night, going on a trip, seeing family, hanging with friends? How will you celebrate?
1.gif

thumb_new years toast.jpg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a great tradition of sleeping through it.
41.gif
We don''t celebrate. We just hope for the best in the coming year.

Cleopatra

Brilliant_Rock
FI and I are going with two other couples to this very fancy restaurant that does seatings for New Years Eve. It''s a 6 course meal with champagne at 12...we do this every year with the same couples and it''s just becoming a fun tradition....nothing too crazy, just elegant and nice :)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will be celebrating a LONG new years. We leave Australia on New Year''s Eve and will probably toast it Australia time in the air. Then we land in the morning New Year''s eve in L.A., will sleep for awhile, then go to a party and ring it in California time. Every year our friends rent out a ballroom at a hotel and throw a party, so that might be in the works this year. All the alcohol you can drink for $50 bucks a head...it gets quite messy. Thank god I''m preggo this year!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2007 2:21:25 PM
Author: lyra
I have a great tradition of sleeping through it.
41.gif
We don''t celebrate. We just hope for the best in the coming year.
Exactly the same here.
28.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
We''ll be celebrating, but just at home since I''m concerned about drunk drivers being out! Maybe we''ll go for an early dinner AND we''ll let the kids stay up till midnight, which will thrill them to no end, but that''ll be it.
2.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Lyra & Loralei: Hehehe, I slept through it last year. Most of my friends insist on watching the ball drop on TV--why? That doesn't do anything for me. What's the big deal?
33.gif

Cleopatra: Oooh, now that's an idea! I think I will ask J if he would be interested in doing something like that. I would love that; it's been ages since I've had a fancy meal with him! Thank you for sharing your plans.
1.gif

TGal: Wooo, I've done that flight--it's a doozy! Here's hoping it's a smooth flight and that you don't crash until after the stroke of midnight in Cali.
2.gif

MC: Oh yeah, good call about possible drunk drivers. Depending on my boyfriend's mood, he might be on the same track as you and suggest we stay in this year. Thanks for mentioning that!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
We usually watch tv most of the night. No dinner, no drinks, no party hats. Just a kiss at midnight and off to bed. (for the "first" of the year..
11.gif
)

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
New Years is my favorite holiday (next to Christmas) so I always go all out when time and schedule allow. I''ll be in Milan at my friend''s restaurants gala opening. Last year it was at a friend''s fabulous apartment in NYC (probably the best year I ever spent!) and year before that at the W Hotel in Times Square with friends. That year it was WAY too crowded on the street, we retreated back into the Hotel and looked down upon the absolutely insane sea of bodies that were shoulder to shoulder in the frigid cold...

I always wonder how people can do NYC outside for New Years! if I am not warm and toasty someone loses an eye...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, I have no idea. Last year we were going to my friends big bash in her new gorgeous home but it snowed so hard we didn''t want to have to spend the night so we stayed in. hehee I would like to have an easy NY''s this year. In the past we have traveled and joined friends for vacation. This year I would maybe go out to eat somewhere nice and stay in; all the accidents scare me.

Hey good reminder to make your dinner reservations, thanks!!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
We have no plans. It''s not our favorite holiday but I''d still like to celebrate it somehow. Maybe we''ll go out to dinner or get take out and have a movie night. It''s not the most exciting thing to do but we''re not party-till-all-hours types of people.

kizmet

Rough_Rock
My husband and I aren''t exactly party people. But since New Year''s Eve is also our wedding anniversery (our first!) I''m hoping something is being planned for me! Probably just dinner, maybe a movie is anything good is out. Since we are traveling to SoCal on the 28th (seeing a comedian I love), I''m just hoping to be back home by then. Our''s is usually low key... in other words, sleep!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
No big plans. My husband and I will probably celebrate at home or maybe with family.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
FI and I have hired a house on the south-coast near the Isle of Wight with 9 of our friends for a week, with New Year in the middle.

We''re all in our mid 30''s and starting to get married off and think about kids so this may be one of the last ''unencumbered'' group holidays.

FI and I have got the hedgehogs with us though, which are almost as bad as kids!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
A ban on chocolate
2.gif
3.gif

No really.
crybaby.gif

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 7:34:49 PM
Author: Pandora II
FI and I have hired a house on the south-coast near the Isle of Wight with 9 of our friends for a week, with New Year in the middle.

We''re all in our mid 30''s and starting to get married off and think about kids so this may be one of the last ''unencumbered'' group holidays.

FI and I have got the hedgehogs with us though, which are almost as bad as kids!
That''s what I normally do with my friends, except it''s usually a house in Mont Tremblant, Québec and most of my friends are already married off and starting the kid parade. I hope you have a wonderful time.
1.gif

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
New Year''s Eve is also our son''s birthday so he, his wife and our granddaughter will celebrate with us in a lovely local restaurant, and then go back to their house for birthday cake and champagne
36.gif
. It''s always fun!!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I stay in also. I cook us a nice dinner. New Years Day, we celebrate with my daughter and the grand-kids.

Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
at 10pm ring in wifey2b''s new year on the phone with her then drink a bottle of apple juice and pretend its booze while missing my babe at midnight.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
We talk about going out but never do. I used to have a big party but the current house can't hold the event size I'm used to [hopefuuly we can resume the tradition next year].

So . . . since I was born in Italy as 12:15 AM, I figure my bday starts at 6:15 PM on 12/31 EDT. I open a bottle of Champagne them and then I start cooking my b-day diner [lamb, duck or tenderoin with the relevant acoutrements]. Then I eat it with DH and whoever else is around [DD too if she is there]. Then I have my cake [if I or DD or DH got around to making/getting one - I'm not a big sweets person] and more champagne
9.gif
with which to watch the fireworks on TV. And then I complain that next year we should go out.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Then the next day I continue the celebration until 6:15PM 0n 1/1.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
We usually stay in and make something yummy for dinner. We have a lot of parties to go to between now and Christmas so staying in sounds good to me.
24.gif
31.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Our babysitters, aka Grandma and Grandpa, will be out of town so we will probably just stay home and cook something good. The kids have never made it to midnight, but, the boys want to this year.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/10/2007 5:09:12 PM
Author: Nicrez
New Years is my favorite holiday (next to Christmas) so I always go all out when time and schedule allow. I''ll be in Milan at my friend''s restaurants gala opening. Last year it was at a friend''s fabulous apartment in NYC (probably the best year I ever spent!) and year before that at the W Hotel in Times Square with friends. That year it was WAY too crowded on the street, we retreated back into the Hotel and looked down upon the absolutely insane sea of bodies that were shoulder to shoulder in the frigid cold...

I always wonder how people can do NYC outside for New Years! if I am not warm and toasty someone loses an eye...
LOL, Nicrez! I feel the same way! I have no desire to go downtown and rub shoulders with the rest of the population while positively freezing...not my idea of fun at all! DH and I usually celebrate by going out to dinner with friends or just sticking around the neighborhood and having people over or going over to their house for midnight drinks and good cheer. In years past we''ve always hired a limo or something but we''ve scaled down as of last year and probably won''t do much this year either. I guess we''re getting old!
7.gif
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
we will be back from Turks and alone (no mother in law). My son has a meet the Sat before so we may sneak up o to our mountain house just for a couple of days.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/10/2007 10:11:40 PM
Author: strmrdr
at 10pm ring in wifey2b''s new year on the phone with her then drink a bottle of apple juice and pretend its booze while missing my babe at midnight.
How long have the two of you been doing the long-distance thing? My boyfriend and I have been in separate countries (UK & US) for 3 years of our 3+ year relationship. It was SO difficult, especially during holidays and birthdays. I feel your pain, and hope the wait to be together permanently isn''t too much longer, m''dear.
7.gif

blushingbride

Brilliant_Rock
Some friends of ours invited everyone up to their place in Greenwich, CT to celebrate at their house. There will be about 5 or 6 couples rining in the New Year together along with lots of wine and delicious food!

Last year, DH and I hosted a party at our condo downtown. As midnight approached, we took some champagne and the party up to our building's rooftop (we live in 55 story building) and were able to watch the fireworks go off over the Statue of Libery. Everyone raved about how amazing the view of the city was from our building. It was truly a magical moment!
5.gif

Here's a pic of some of the partiers celebrating at midnight.

NewYearsDTC07.jpg

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
that looks like so much fun on the rooftop!

Sassee

Shiny_Rock
We are having a quiet one this year. Last year we went to a restaurant in the city, which had fantastic view of the fireworks.

For NYE 2007/NY 2008 we are having some friends down to my fiance''s family property. We will have loads of nice wine, a big spit roast and salads (its summer Down Under, after all!!). We will probably get into the hot tub at some hour (once the kiddies are tucked up in bed).
emotion-19.gif

Two sets of our friends will be bringing their kids (four children ranging from 3 - 5 years of age). Its so hard for families! One of our friends "used" her mother as a babysitter last year and is now being constantly reminded that she and her hubby "owe" her and that its "her" turn to go out this year (you''d think that a 60 yr old grandma might not be so concerned about partying over New Year, but there you go
emotion-40.gif
). They were at a bit of a loose end so that''s why we decided that rather than make it adults only, we''d include kids.

The other friends are Aussie, but are now living in Qatar (its a country next to Dubai - as we discovered when they announced they were moving there!!). We haven''t seen their girls in a year, so no doubt they have GROWN!
emdgust.gif

The saddest thing of all is that I will have to drive back to the city the next day, because I''m back at work on the 2nd!!
emsad.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2007 8:58:32 AM
Author: gwendolyn

Date: 12/10/2007 10:11:40 PM
Author: strmrdr
at 10pm ring in wifey2b's new year on the phone with her then drink a bottle of apple juice and pretend its booze while missing my babe at midnight.
How long have the two of you been doing the long-distance thing? My boyfriend and I have been in separate countries (UK & US) for 3 years of our 3+ year relationship. It was SO difficult, especially during holidays and birthdays. I feel your pain, and hope the wait to be together permanently isn't too much longer, m'dear.
7.gif
10 years so far.
met online in oct 97

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sassee,

(you''d think that a 60 yr old grandma might not be so concerned about partying over New Year, but there you go.)

LOL LOL LOL. I had to laugh at this Sassee. I am 58 and we are not over the hill yet, ha ha ha ha ha. DH and I still like to party once in a while.

I just had to tease you about your comment, you made me laugh so.

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results