Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • 10 Deathly afraid

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It 's not the needle that gets me, it's the taking of my blood. There is exactly one circumstance when it's okay for my blood to be leaving my body: menstruation. Any blood leaving the body other than that is unnatural and should be stopped immediately.

My number one fear is "things poking my in the eye" and I suppose a needle could be used to do that. But, like, so could a stick, it's not needle-specific.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
The sight of my own blood, except monthly, makes me woozy too. Sometimes if I'm not careful I faint. But that's not as strong or as automatic a response. And I've gotten better about it as I get older. I do not watch when they take blood from me or insert IVs as that seems to make the reaction worse.

It's all about knowing yourself and being safe. And also, not letting people judge you. Or ignoring them if they do. It is what it is.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
I have thyroid issues and need to get my blood drawn every 6 weeks or so. It never gets any easier. It's not so much the needle, it's seeing the blood. I look away during the whole procedure. I was hoping I'd get used to it, but it's been 2 years now and it still hurts every time and I can't watch.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't vote, because it depends... I'm not afraid of giving or receiving shots, but I absolutely can't watch or think a lot about what's going on if I'm the one on the receiving end -- I'll feel faint and get nauseated. However, I can give shots all day long! The only time I don't really like it is when I have to give an intramuscular injection to a really thin person, especially when he/she is elderly... I almost always hit a bone! :errrr: :sick: They can't feel it, but I know it, and it wierds me out!! :knockout:

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Not at all. I start about 15 infusions a day and have come to love seeing a bloos return :) I actually take my own blood at work regularly and the doctors think I'm nuts :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results