shape
carat
color
clarity

How about this SWEET 2.30 F SI1??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JD_MD

Rough_Rock

Hi everyone,

Well...the search continues. I found this SWEET 2.30 F SI1 and i wanted to know what everyone thought of this diamond. It has a TRIPLE VH on the BrillianceScope and an HCA of 1.3. The diamond is also a H&A with one of the strongest patterns I''ve seen.

The inclusion that sets the grade is a small feather that reaches the girdle edge that absolutely cannot be seen. My only concern is that the price seems a bit higher than similar F SI1s out there. This diamond is $27,900 and i found another F SI1 GIA EX/EX (which I know nothing about) that was only $25,600....so $2300 difference!

Is it common for a "top performer" to command such a premium over other essentially identical diamonds?

I attached a Sarin Report...Thanks!!!

Sarin_Report2.GIF

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it looks good and the price is definitely in line with similar stones of that size. do you have any other pics?

JD_MD

Rough_Rock
Thanks Belle,

I wish I could attach the BrillianceScope report but PS limits the file size to 100KB so my pics are too large...sorry!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
can you resize them? also, do you have idealscope or h&a pics?
i need a visual
21.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have h&a and ideal-scope photos?
The hca and the b-scope are nice but dont tell the whole story.

hmmmmmm see belle beat me too it...
She keeps that up she is gonna get to 10000 posts before I do :razz:

Is the inclusion open or just near the girdle?

JD_MD

Rough_Rock
This is the best I can do with only 100K in file size to work with..sorry!

Gemex2332455.GIF

JD_MD

Rough_Rock
The inclusion is a closed feather...very small.

LV6.GIF

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!!! It looks great, and those numbers sing to me.
30.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow that IS sweet!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s a really really lovely stone. Is it a GOG?

I have found that GOG''s stones at times can be a little bit more pricey than the average other H&A stones, don''t know if it''s because of all the extra tests and stuff that are run.

However, it''s still much less than you''d pay for a BRAND like HOF or EightStar...and you get a hand-picked stone...so if you feel comfortable with the pricing, I''d say that is a WINNER!!!

Try negotiating a bit if possible...it''s worth a try.

Good luck!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks like you have learned well and done your homework.
If you feel it is the one.
Then buy it :}

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you may have just found the one. Paying for the HOF brand is a waste of money, IMHO. I would go for it, it''s beautiful!!!!!
36.gif

Dazed and Confused

Rough_Rock
The numbers on the diamond are awesome! If you''re comfortable with spending this amount, I think you should definitely purchase the diamond. Plus, if the vendor has a return policy, you can always return the diamond if you change your mind. (At least this is what I told myself when I purchased my dimaond!)

I hesitated on my purchase because the diamond was slightly smaller than what I was looking for and it had a premium over diamonds of similar size and color. I figured there would be a premium for an ideal cut, H&A diamond, but I didn''t realize it would that significant! Anyhow, I finally decided to purchase because when you consider how much time I spent looking for that perfect diamond, I found that I could live with the premium. Assuming you''re happy with everything but the price on the diamond, I would say that it would cost you more in time and energy to find another diamond of this quality. Also keep in mind that, as you said, it''s really slim pickins for diamonds in this range and of this quality. Just think of how you would feel if someone else purchased this diamond...

JD_MD

Rough_Rock
Date: 7/11/2005 10:57:19 PM
Author: Dazed and Confused
The numbers on the diamond are awesome! If you''re comfortable with spending this amount, I think you should definitely purchase the diamond. Plus, if the vendor has a return policy, you can always return the diamond if you change your mind. (At least this is what I told myself when I purchased my dimaond!)

I hesitated on my purchase because the diamond was slightly smaller than what I was looking for and it had a premium over diamonds of similar size and color. I figured there would be a premium for an ideal cut, H&A diamond, but I didn''t realize it would that significant! Anyhow, I finally decided to purchase because when you consider how much time I spent looking for that perfect diamond, I found that I could live with the premium. Assuming you''re happy with everything but the price on the diamond, I would say that it would cost you more in time and energy to find another diamond of this quality. Also keep in mind that, as you said, it''s really slim pickins for diamonds in this range and of this quality. Just think of how you would feel if someone else purchased this diamond...

That''s so key...if I ever assigned a dollar value to my time and effort it would make sense to pay a premium and avoid making this a 3 month process! I''ve probably dedicated 30-50 hours on PS so the price differential may be worth sucking it up..

Thanks!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stones in this size are rare right now and if you find one that fits your bill that fits your budget, get it!!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2005 7:30:54 PM
Author:JD_MD

I attached a Sarin Report...Thanks!!!

Well, yuou could drop the initial requirement for H&A and look among AGS0 without the extra pedigree... wishing for a diamond with good symmetry even if not H&A.

A search for: ''Round shape, AGS0, 2.2–2.6 cts, E–G color, SI1 clarity, 58.7–62.3% depth, 53–58% table, AGS certified''
(this means I ticked both the AGS0 and the AGS certified buttons on the Pricescope interface), yielded 22 listings (about 10 different stones, all G/Si1 with one exception, an E/SI1 and no Fs). The pricerange... 22k to 32k.

Of course, whether you see Iscope or pictures of one of these before calling it in depends on the seller.

And then, these is THIS at DCD. No picture available, but DCD makes them for their selected stones so you could probably ''see'' this before getting to some conclusion.

Cash Price: $25,731
Laboratory: AGS
Carat Weight: 2.254
Color: F
Clarity: SI1
Measurements: 8.34x8.41x5.19
Depth: 61.8%
Table: 56%
Polish: Ideal
Symmetry: Ideal
Culet: Pointed
Girdle: 1.1-2.4
Fluorescence: Medium
Culet: Pointed
Crown Angle : 34.8°
Crown %: 15.3
Pavillion Angle : 41.0°
Pavillion %: 43.3
Lab Comments: None

At the same shop, one 2.5 cts G-SI1 approaches your current quote - just for the sake of choice (here it is).

So, well, it really remains up to you what the premium is worth. The diamond you describe sounds awfully tempting (clean SI1, top cut... & all that). No wonder there are less expensive ones !

JD_MD

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the info on the DCD stones. I also just noticed that they''re in Maryland (so am I) which is weird because I''ve been searching for a diamond both online and in B&M stores for 2 months and have never heard of them. I''m guessing that their B&M store operates under a different name...or else they only sell via the internet. In either case the sales tax just about negates the savings...lol

icekid

Ideal_Rock
looks like a great stone! and like others have said, stones in this size are not in great supply these days. jump on it! (and be sure to post more pictures when you get the ring
3.gif
)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results