shape
carat
color
clarity

How about this engagement ring

deskdxl

Rough_Rock
I am looking at a used engagement ring with round brilliant diamond weighing exactly 1.32CTS measuring 7.15 MM by 7.13 MM by 4.35 MM deep. The diamond is superbly cut, polished and proportioned with a medium to thin polished faceted girdle, a 61% depth, 57% table, no florescence and no culet and is of H color and SI1 clarity.

The ring is on a 3 stone setting with flanked by two (2) quality, full cut, fully faceted, pear brilliant diamonds of I to J color and VS clarity totaling .80CT.

My biggest concern about this ring is the seller mention that there is a small chip on the girdle. I don't really know what that mean which why it concerns me.

The price of the ring is couple thousand dollars cheaper than a close match I found at Blueniles.

Do you think it is a good deal?

TitanCi

Brilliant_Rock
-Hello, what's up? :wavey: It's great you're getting an e-ring, but you don't even list a price you paid. Is the stone GIA certed? AGS certed? You don't list enough information to know if the stone and ring is even good. Can you list a cert number? What's the ring made of? It'd be helpful for you to post up all the info and pics if you have it. It'd be best to get Ideal-scope or ASET images of the stone too (tells of light performance in the stones).

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I think that your best bet would be to have the ring independently appraised. An appraiser would be in a better position to evaluate the stone for any durability risk and to answer your questions about value. You can find an appraiser if you look under the resources tab above.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,

Where did you find this ring? I see from another post you made, you had previously looked at a used ring on eBay. Is this also on eBay?

Before making any decions, is there a return policy? If not, I'd stop right there and keep looking. If there is one, then set up an appointment with an appraiser. Having a "small chip" on the girdle is something a professional should look at. Also, are the diamonds certified and are you comparing it to certified stones on BN? You want to be sure you're comparing apples to apples.

deskdxl

Rough_Rock
Yes, you are right. It is on Ebay and I am still looking for a ring.

They offer a 14 days return policy for full refund. The seller is a wholesale store with good seller ratings.

They didn't say anything about the diamond is certified or not and I might guess it is not; or maybe I should just ask them.

MC|1339605502|3215450 said:
Hi,

Where did you find this ring? I see from another post you made, you had previously looked at a used ring on eBay. Is this also on eBay?

Before making any decions, is there a return policy? If not, I'd stop right there and keep looking. If there is one, then set up an appointment with an appraiser. Having a "small chip" on the girdle is something a professional should look at. Also, are the diamonds certified and are you comparing it to certified stones on BN? You want to be sure you're comparing apples to apples.

farmer gal

Brilliant_Rock
What is your budget, we may be able to help find you something :twirl:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
yeah, I would be sure to ask about lab reports as well. I'm thinking that if it had one it would have been mentioned, a sellers appraisal by a GIA grad gemologist isn't going to cut it either. A diamond on the second hand market with a lab report from a reputable lab such as GIA or AGS will cost between 30- 50% off retail, so one without a report and with a chipped girdle should cost even less than that. I would contact the seller and get all the information that you can.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never, ever consider a diamond that a seller says is excellent cut without a GIA report to prove it. If you can tell us your budget, maybe we can make some suggestions of other better deals.

deskdxl

Rough_Rock
My budget is $8000 and hopefully get a aprox. 1ct ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results