shape
carat
color
clarity

how about this diamond?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Starry

Rough_Rock
Looking for some expert opinions on this diamond....Thanks! Should I be concerned about the "clouds not shown"? How about I color in a platinum setting? I''ve read the "I in platinum" posts, any concerns?

Color I
Clarity VS2
Depth 61.6
Table 55
Crwn Ang 34
Pav Ang 40.8
Girdle thn-med (faceted)
Culet none
Polish ex
Symm ex
Fluor none
Meas 6.72-6.73-4.14
GIA- clouds are not shown, H & A

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
what shape is this?

Just saw that it is an H&A so I am assuming a round
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
what is the carat weight? who says the diamond is h&a?

Starry

Rough_Rock
Sorry, I thought for sure I included all the requisite info!

Round Brilliant
1.14 carat

GIA cert says H & A.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 12:37:43 PM
Author: Starry
Sorry, I thought for sure I included all the requisite info!

Round Brilliant
1.14 carat

GIA cert says H & A.
gia does not grade optical symmetry (h&a)

in-situ

Rough_Rock
Take care. As per Belle''s posting, GIA does not grade optical symmetry and therefore a genuine GIA certificate would not have any reference to Hearts & Arrows on it.

Starry

Rough_Rock
Okay, I took a closer look at the cert. It says at the bottom below "Comments", "Additional inscription" and lists H & A. Does this mean that they just verified that the inscription says H & A? Where would the H & A grade come from?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
it means that the dealer had ''h&a'' inscribed on the girdle and when it was graded by gia this was noted.
no one graded it as h&a.

if you are looking for a true h&a and this is important to you, make sure you get h&a pictures.

Starry

Rough_Rock
Okay, so I''m a bit confused now but thank for all of your help. When you say get H & A''s pictures you mean regular magnified pictures or Idealscope images? By the way, this diamond is from a PS vendor.

Beyond these questions, what do you think of the diamond''s specs?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/16/2006 2:58:30 PM
Author: Starry
Okay, so I''m a bit confused now but thank for all of your help. When you say get H & A''s pictures you mean regular magnified pictures or Idealscope images? By the way, this diamond is from a PS vendor.

Beyond these questions, what do you think of the diamond''s specs?
h&a pictures are those of the crown and pavilion taken under a h&a viewer. a regular magnified image can''t give a real good indication of either, but an idealscope image will show the arrows. i would at least get an idealscope image.

the diamond looks very nice. i''m sure you would be happy with it...h&a or not.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results