shape
carat
color
clarity

How about proposal help in Disney World Florida

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

clmsontigrs

Rough_Rock
I have seen a number of posts for proposal ideas in Disney Land but what about Disney World. Two years ago the first "real" vacation we took, and when I say "real" I mean we had to get on a plane, was to Disney World.

Now two years later we were having the discussion on where to go on vacation this summer. She has her heart set on going to Disney World and absolutely loves it there, big kid at heart. I have been gathering ideas on the ring and have a pretty good idea of what I am going to get but need some help on the proposal.

I have read many posts that say I should somehow someway get pictures of it or get it filmed. She is a bit private and I know she would never want me to propose in front of a bunch of people so how do I go about getting someone to even get a picture of me bending down on one knee, which i think would be amazing. I would ask someone random to do it, by pretending they were just going to take our picture and then when we are getting set, get down on one knee, but I do not want to put the most important 30 seconds of my life in the hands of someone who may not know what the heck they are doing, only to get a half-a** picture.

So, a few questions: Has anyone gotten engaged at DisneyWorld or always thought it would be a neat idea and if so, where did you or where would you? I know you people can be creative so get those juices flowing!!!

Also, some details on our trip, in case anyone is a professional photographer and wants to tag along
emotion-5.gif
, we are at the Beach Club resort and will be going end of July. When do you think I should finalize the ring etc to make sure it is all set and in my hands? I am planning on getting something from Whiteflash but still need to save a bit more so I can get the wire discount.

Also, my worst fear is going through the security gate at the airport and hearing the most dreaded words a flyer can hear these days "Bag Check!!" Where is the safest place to keep my little bauble once we are en route?

What about timing? First night, last night etc?

Thanks in advance!! You PSers already helped me pick out a ring, now help me propose!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve never been to Disney so I can''t give you any help there. As far as the ring - I''d keep it in a ring box in your carry on bag. Those get xrayed and it will be obvious that it''s a ring in the box. I''d be wary of keeping it in your pocket, as the wand or metal detector might get set off.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Keep the ring in your carry on bag, in the ring box, in the cardboard box that the ring box came in, and then...in a small paper bag folded over so she won''t accidently see it.

My MIL works at Disneyworld in Fantasy Land, and has been one of the people carrying out their Wish thingy this year. Basically, on a schedule she goes around to the different areas of Fantasy Land, and does a bit where she awards prizes to people. Usually it''s something like she finds a little girl or whatever, asks the family their names, where they are from, how old she is, etc. and then asks her if she can make her wish come true, offers to make her "princess for a day" kind of thing. Then, she gets on the microphone and says something like "Here ye, here ye, I''d like to introduce Kelly, she is 8 and from Lake Charles, LA, this is her family''s 2nd trip to DisneyWorld. I''d like to make her Princess for a Day - can everyone clap for Kelly?" Everyone seems to think it is the greatest thing in the world, Kelly beams, her family beams, and everyone claps like crazy. Sometimes my MIL has to sing in the bit, says "ok, now singing isn''t my actual job, but here goes"...and sings some little diddy.

I''ve been to Disneyworld and their other parks so many times! My kids, my hubby, they think it''s the bomb. I can think of a million bajallion places to pop the question. Problem is, I wouldn''t want you losing that bauble at the park before you give it to her. You could always involve a couple of staff, I bet. I am pretty shy too, but if there was a small *scene*, it would likely be ok.

I''ve got the PERFECT small gathering place. When you ride the monorail in to Disneyworld, have you ever seen the people that get in the front line to ride in the front car with the driver? It has a very rounded window and is the first car. You ask the folks working the monorail area when you get to the top of the line. You tell them you want to ride in the front car ''cause you''ve heard it is really cool. Be willing to wait for a train if a family is already in the line (only 4 can ride in it at any given time). When the train arrives, get in. Then, act like you''ve got to throw away a Kleenex, and step back out. Quickly tell the dudes that you are going to propose and need a camera snapper. They will be able to tell the driver and he will help you out. Get that ring out of your pocket, say your bit, get her YES!, put it on her finger, kiss...WOW...train starts going. OK, I''m a Disneyworld lover too....this has me all gushy. That way, ring is SAFELY on her finger for the day and you can enter the park in total excitement. It will also give you a few private moments on the ride in. I love that private car. The driver is always the coolest. She will still be teary eyed when they check her bag at the security station.
17.gif

I love Disneyworld... My kids are spending a week with the MIL July 16-23 and plan to go to the parks. When are you going?

Congrats on the plans...

clmsontigrs

Rough_Rock
That sounds really cool. Made me laugh (nervously of course) just thinking about it. We will be there from the 24th to the 28th.

Once place i thought was cool was the wedding pavilion at the Grand Floridian, I think you can see it from the monorail also, but that is hit or miss because people might be there.

You are right though, there are sooooo many places to do it. Say hello to your MIL, I think that would be right up my mom''s alley.

Thanks for the ideas, keep em coming!!!

What about timing? When do you think I should pull the trigger on the ring? Earlier the better kind of thing?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, my girls (17, 14, 9) will be going to their grandma''s by themselves for this trip. I was on a site visit to Orlando last December, and went to the parks with my hubby and MIL then, so I''m letting them go and have a fun week with Grandma. We are visiting Key West, Fort Lauderdale and Tampa right before/as you are going to be in Orlando.

Have fun with the planning! It''s part of the fun. I vote for early in the trip for the proposal. Otherwise, you''ll be sweating it up worrying too much!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Propose earlier in the trip so you can spend a lot of time in that "giddy post engagement" glow while you''re on the trip.

If it were me, I would pack a change of clothes in your carry on "just in case" your regular bags get lost. Put the ring in a ring box and hide the ring box inside a pair of socks. Like you know how you fold over the tops of a pair of socks to keep the pair together? Just fold over the box and it''ll still look like a normal balled up pair of socks. Then pack those socks in your carry on bag. DONT check the ring whatever you do. Most wedding jewelry does not set off security alarms at all, but it''s probably best to put it in your bag just in case.

Good luck!

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I remember reading a post somewhere about a guy who proposed at the wishing well in Disneyworld, Florida. They then had photos taken afterwards which had the Disneyworld logo on them.

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
If your girl is shy or private or if she doesn''t like having her picture taken, she may not like the idea of having your proposal filmed or photographed. I would absolutely HATE that myself, and I''m pretty sure most of my friends would too! So, think about whether it''s something SHE would want, or whether being there with you in the moment, without needing to ''capture it'' on film would be what she''d want. For me, that would make it feel like a performance... like ''reality tv'' or something, instead of having it be real and immediate.

Some girls like it on film and would be disappointed without it, but some definitely would NOT! Every girl is different and you know your girl best. Or if you''re unsure, maybe ask her best friend.

Just so you don''t think you HAVE to capture it on film! Especially if she''s shy. That would save you a step, then. Good luck!
35.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
By the way, apparently it''s the spring in the ring box that might set off the metal detector, so the safest way, according to the ol'' experts I''ve seen on here, is to put the ring box in your baggage and put the ring in a plastic bag in your pocket when you go through security. It won''t set off the metal detector that way (think how peoples'' jewelery never does when they''re wearing it) and you won''t have to worry about it being ''unearthed'' in a bag check.

kb8daman

Rough_Rock
I know that you can also propose in Cinderella''s castle, it''s actually pretty popular. In fact, Disney has a group dedicated for that specifically. After your meal in the castle, they will bring out a glass slipper (with your names engraved) with the ring inside for "desert." You can do a google search and another disney forum contains point of contacts/number. But I belive you have to give them heads up a while before, not sure what the time frame is exactly though.

bronniejade

Shiny_Rock
If you go to the WDW website, and go to "contact us" you can fill out a form to ask a question, or you can get the phone numbers for Guest Information and Dining Bookings.

Best of luck!

I think a proposal in the Castle would be lovely!

NewUser

Rough_Rock
If she is a private person, I would scrap the idea of having someone take a picture of it.

Picos

Rough_Rock
Whats her favourite part of Walt Disney World? If it''s say Norway in Epcot, why not purpose there, for example? It doesnt have to be showy or on film.

If you''re worried about bag check, go in a seperate line at the airport. Who know''s, you might get in the shorter line. (;

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results