shape
carat
color
clarity

House Guest Present?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Odd question for all of you....

SO and I are going to a baseball game in Miami this weekend and we will be staying at his BF and his BFFI''s home in between Orlando and Miami...we''ll be spending 2 nights total there and I feel kind of tacky not getting anything to bring them so, before we go, I would like to get them a nice but not overly-flashy gift to thank them for letting us stay....

I know in the old days it woukd be a box of candy, a pie of some sorts, a plant, flowers or a bottle of wine......

They are in their late 20''s...

Any suggestions?

Thanks....

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would bring a bottle of wine and maybe something sweet, like a cake...

ETA: I would definitely bring two things though...wine plus something...or cake plus something else...

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wine and sweets always goes over well assuming they are drinkers and not on a diet! Otherwise since it is your SO''s BEST FRIEND, I think that he should have some good ideas of what they''d like, no?

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
i'm in the bottle of wine camp.

A recent houseguest gave us a magazine subscription, which i thought was a cool idea. she presented us with a gift-wrapped current issue, and included a card saying a subscription has been purchased for us.

i think of her each month when i get my Conde Nast Traveller!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would bring a bottle of wine, too. BUT, I LOVE the magazine subscription idea!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The magazine subscription is a really cool idea, but...I would probably not do that because I am so pro giving gifts that you can consume and don''t add to clutter and/or guilt. In my line of work, I encounter so many clients who already feel guilty for all the stuff they don''t get to read.

Just a thought.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh fun!!! I agree w/the others on the wine and something else.
emcocktl.gif
I had to go out to Seattle and some neighbors/friends who moved there told me to go out a few day''s earlier and stay with them so I did. I knew one of them loved chocolates so I brought See''s Candy and a bottle of wine! I bet they would love a pie too, yum! I bet they would appreciate anything you gave them along those lines!

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions all! I appreciate it!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think a nice bottle of wine is great, and possibly a nice candle or something for their home? If you know what their home is like it helps...You could also take them out to dinner one of the nights you are there.

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/12/2008 9:57:29 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
Bottle of wine and a cheesecake. And then hang around to help them with it.
What he said.....
36.gif
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results