shape
carat
color
clarity

horribly snobby on my part....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
... but it cracked me up anyway... I did a search on youtube to see if I could find any bling videos (no good ones I''m afraid so I might just have to add mine LOL) and one of the few I saw was this woman who said she got new bling and holds up the zales box and says, "that''s right, cause I don''t accept jared or kay or any of that crap". I dunno, something about it struck me funny. I always, and I do mean always - pre-pricescope and everything, equated zales and kay in the same group... she''s looking down her nose at kay''s while holding zales and IMO they''re the same thing! Are they NOT the same thing??? I''m not going to link the video, I''m not out to put anyone down specifically, just the concept seemed ironic to me and gave me a chuckle.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol. That is amusing. I also do put them in the same category personally, but I will say that our Zales here is quite a bit nicer than Kays. But doesn''t mean they aren''t still in the same category for me!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aren''t they the same company? That is funny though.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, I used to put them in the same category...heehee. Be sure to let us know if you see any great bling videos! Maybe I''ll add one of my own someday LOL!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I always think of them in the same category. I do know that Zales is owned by Bailey Banks and Biddle. At least it used to be.

curiopotter

Brilliant_Rock
Cehra,

You're not a snob, you're just an elitist.

Case in point: I suggested to my SO that I should get a job working in diamond sales, because I've really become quite passionate about diamond education, thanks to PS. I was thinking more like working for Whiteflash, and he was thinking more like working for Zales because there was an opening available through the career services center at our school..

What he said made sence, about working your way up to the top, but honestly if I worked at Zales, I'd never make a penny because I'd be pushing them toward Pricescope vendors! I honestly can't imagine working for a company that sells low quality products with huge markups from less than knowledgable sales associates. Everytime I've walked into Zales I've been dumbfounded by the things that come out of the SA's mouths. I know B&M retail is all about convenience for most people, and I work in retail sales, but at least I believe in my company's integrity and our commitment to great customer service.

Anyway, I told him I couldn't work for a company I didn't believe in...

He called me an elitist. lol.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
That''s funny. I always think of them in the same category too.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I must admit I think K is one step above Z but I would only buy inexpensive, on sale jewelry that I thought was cute from either one of them. Anything jewelry in the precious gemstone category I wouldn''t consider even looking at in those stores.

K is owned by Jared''s.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2007 5:34:30 PM
Author: curiopotter
Cehra,

You''re not a snob, you''re just an elitist.

Case in point: I suggested to my SO that I should get a job working in diamond sales, because I''ve really become quite passionate about diamond education, thanks to PS. I was thinking more like working for Whiteflash, and he was thinking more like working for Zales because there was an opening available through the career services center at our school..

What he said made sence, about working your way up to the top, but honestly if I worked at Zales, I''d never make a penny because I''d be pushing them toward Pricescope vendors! I honestly can''t imagine working for a company that sells low quality products with huge markups from less than knowledgable sales associates. Everytime I''ve walked into Zales I''ve been dumbfounded by the things that come out of the SA''s mouths. I know B&M retail is all about convenience for most people, and I work in retail sales, but at least I believe in my company''s integrity and our commitment to great customer service.

Anyway, I told him I couldn''t work for a company I didn''t believe in...

He called me an elitist. lol.
I totally get you... back when I was a waitress (pre marriage) I couldn''t work for a place that didn''t have glass glasses and good food. I hated the weird stink from plastic glasses and there''s no way I''d feel comfortable selling food I didn''t think was quality. I worked at a local rib place that was way better than anything else, way better than tony roma''s, for ribs. We sold steaks and we sold salmon filets and people would say "how are the steaks" and I would say they''re pretty good, but this isn''t a steakhouse. they''d ask how the salmon was and I would say it''s okay, but the ribs are amazing. Because - they were. Now, there were other things we sold like our crab sandwiches and pork french dips that were equally amazing as were some other things.... but if I thought something wasn''t great I would say so in a roundabout way. If *everything* sucked I''d be inclined to suggest going down the street LOL If I were selling diamonds in a place like shane co where they actually have loose diamonds, I would go around and pic the best of the crop and push those and hope to shift what was purchased based on what was sold.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results