shape
carat
color
clarity

Horrible accident!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here in the Metro Detroit area, 2 oil tanker trucks hit the 9 mile rd overpass on I 75 and exploded... The overpass has completely collapsed... Many cars were involved. The fire has been raging for over 2 hours. From looking at the footage, I can''t help but think about how many people must have died. It''s awful. Prayers for the drivers and their families!!!

This is about one mile from my house. Here is a link for the info they have so far...
Link

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw that, Tuckins. A lot of my friends said they could see the smoke. SO scary! I'm sick about it.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh no, that sounds horrible. I do hope many if not all come out of it - wishful thinking

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
It''s all over my FB news feed as I have many friends and family in that area. FF has a rental home VERY close to that area and he and I spent many months traveling that stretch of road and going to the local restaurants and businesses right there. Thankfully, we are not doing any work on that house this summer. He was across town tonight for another appointment and I am so so glad that my sweetie made it home safe tonight. I feel horrible for the families affected by any loss of life occurring due to the fire/collapse.

Local news said that the utility companies are really concerned about high pressure natural gas lines that run through this area.
32.gif
Stay inside, Tuckins! Don''t breathe that toxic smoke!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:21:23 PM
Author: equestrienne
It''s all over my FB news feed as I have many friends and family in that area. FF has a rental home VERY close to that area and he and I spent many months traveling that stretch of road and going to the local restaurants and businesses right there. Thankfully, we are not doing any work on that house this summer. He was across town tonight for another appointment and I am so so glad that my sweetie made it home safe tonight. I feel horrible for the families affected by any loss of life occurring due to the fire/collapse.

Local news said that the utility companies are really concerned about high pressure natural gas lines that run through this area.
32.gif

We are about a mile or so west of the accident sight... I don''t smell anything here, but who knows if the wind changes. I feel so awful, but also thankful... We were on the way home from Cedar Pointe and made a 15 minute pit stop in Monroe... If we hadn''t, we may have been RIGHT THERE at the time of the accident!! (We were about 15 minutes behind the accident) I am glued to the tv.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 10:23:35 PM
Author: Tuckins1
Date: 7/15/2009 10:21:23 PM

Author: equestrienne

32.gif

We are about a mile or so west of the accident sight... I don''t smell anything here, but who knows if the wind changes. I feel so awful, but also thankful... We were on the way home from Cedar Pointe and made a 15 minute pit stop in Monroe... If we hadn''t, we may have been RIGHT THERE at the time of the accident!! (We were about 15 minutes behind the accident) I am glued to the tv.

Oh that gives me chills, Tuckins.

I wish they''d give more information..

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
7.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Oh no.....prayers, too!

Lori

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Oh my that''s such a tragedy.
15.gif

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is all over our news here in Cleveland...prayers being said.

Oh no!!! This just sent me into a panic attack about the bridge that collapsed here during rush hour... I really hope enough people were able to make it out..
15.gif

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Oh God.. That is horrible. My prayers go out to the drivers and their families
8.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sending lots of prayers.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh... so far they''re saying no one has died.

I cannot even believe that! Thank goodness!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my goodness, how sad...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Oh no!
23.gif
7.gif
32.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 8:31:03 AM
Author: elledizzy5
Oh my gosh... so far they''re saying no one has died.

I cannot even believe that! Thank goodness!

I can hardly believe it!! Thank goodness!!! It looked so awful last night, I couldn''t imagine anyone being able to walk away from it. It''s a miracle!

Bia

Ideal_Rock
8.gif

praying there are no more casualties

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Prayers to all involved; when you think you (aka me) have a bad day, you have to be mindful of what is going around the world...suddenly a bad day at work is really nothing, in the grand scheme.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Updated link...
Link

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results