shape
carat
color
clarity

Hooray for fairy dust! Homeless no more!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
There''s something to this fairy dust mystery, because I got a call today saying we''d been approved for the apartment!
36.gif

They apologized and said that the board members had been on vacation and whatnot, but I was too busy being happy to worry about that. We''re dragging our air mattress and our suitcases over to our empty place to spend our first night there tonight! I do believe a special dinner celebration is in order as well.

Thank all of you for your kind thoughts and advice. You helped me through a very depressing spot as a fledgling New Yorker. And if you ever find yourselves in Long Island City, look me up!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
congrats!! I read your other thread, I am so glad you got it!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I am so excited about having my OWN bathroom, and my OWN kitchen, and my OWN windows...I could go on and on.

That being said, we owe all the friends who were willing to host us over the past six weeks a huge debt. I''ve been trying to think of ways to thank them; maybe hosting a dinner party and giving them gift certificates? Hmm.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful news!!!
36.gif

Yep, powerful stuff, that PS fairy dust!

Congratulations on your new place!!!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Couldn''t be more pleased for you! Please fill us in the details of decorating, would love to share with you in your enthusiasm!

Welcome Home we will soon say!!

DKS

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so happy for you!!! That''s great news, congrats!!!
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news. Yay yay!
emotion-33.gif
embeer.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh that''s fabulous news, congrats and have fun with decorating!!! I think your dinner party idea is a great way to say thanks ;-)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Darkeyes that''s WONDERFUL news!!! SO glad to hear that you guys are spending the night there tonight. Enjoy your celebration.
2.gif

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thank you all! Since we're going to be living in a relatively small space, I'm hoping to keep things looking clean and uncluttered. I found this desk a long time ago, and I'm trying to convince DF to trade his monstrously ridiculous one for it. I think it would fit the bill!

I like the way that the top is glass and the tray can be seen underneath. He's a neat freak (hey, Neatfreak!) and I'm sure he would keep it looking lovely. I, on the other hand, am a clutterbug and need to train myself to stay more tidy!

WalkerDesk3QS05.jpg

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Awesome news, dark!! HOORAY!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Woohoo!! Congrats on getting your new apartment!!! I''ve heard how horrible it is to find housing in NYC from my friends who live there...and I thought the LA market was bad LOL.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, ladies! If the timing wasn''t already perfect enough, I just watched a mouse run across the floor of the apartment where we''ve been staying. No more sleeping on the floor in this place!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Congrats darkeyesredshoes! I like the desk you''re interested in, it looks streamlined and like it will suit your needs without taking up too much space, and you''ll have to keep it neat just because it''s not huge. Good choice!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful news! I love the desk.

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad to hear that you ladies approve! By the way, the wait was totally worth it, because here''s the view from our window when we moved in tonight.

It''s just us and our laptops and two suitcases full of clothes. Urban camping with a view!

darkeyesview.jpeg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous view! You two are verrrrry lucky to be able to feast your eyes on that skyline night or day, wow! DH and I can see the Chicago skyline if we stand on our neighbor''s rooftop, hee hee! Nothing like your view though, because we certainly can''t see any of it at night! Enjoy!!!!

darkeyesredshoes

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, Monarch! I''d be psyched to have neighbors with rooftop access, so don''t knock what you''ve got. The grass always seems greener, though, because we were just invited to our friends'' midtown apartment for a Thanksgiving brunch to watch the Macy''s parade from their window. Now THAT must be a view!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2007 12:11:19 AM
Author: darkeyesredshoes
I''m glad to hear that you ladies approve! By the way, the wait was totally worth it, because here''s the view from our window when we moved in tonight.

It''s just us and our laptops and two suitcases full of clothes. Urban camping with a view!
Wow!!! It was definitely worth the wait, wasn''t it? That''s an amazing view, and you and FI must be so relieved
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results