shape
carat
color
clarity

Hong Kong recommendations please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Hi

We will be flying back to the UK later in the year with a stop over in Hong Kong. Any PS ers who have been there and can recommend places to see and visit. We have one toddler, however on the whole he is a great traveller. How many days would you recommend for a stopover if you have been? We were thinking 3 nights??

Thanks
D2B

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The funicular up to the Peak is a fun ride, with rewarding views at the end. The ferry between Hong Kong island and Kowloon is a staple. Other than that, there''s ample eating and shopping.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks harriet,
I dont now how well you know Hong Kong, but any inside scoop on places to eat (bearing in mind we have a toddler who is generally pretty well behaved).

The stopover in HK could be a good way to break down the long haul flight.

Thanks,any other ideas most welcome
D2B

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I visited HK recently and spent 4 nights 5 days there. It was a little too long (mostly due to being tired from traveling around China first). I think 3 nights is great. I recommend visiting to Victoria Peak, Ocean Park (theme park), Po Lin Monastery (The Big Buddha), and of course shopping and eating! Ocean Park has great views, shows, exhibits, fun rides. There''s also a Disneyland but it''s pretty small. How old is your son?

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have the inside scoop, but there are a few Chinese restaurants I''d recommend:
Lei Garden (IFC mall) is excellent and reasonably priced.
Crystal Jade (IFC mall) is reliable and inexpensive.
Lung Keen Hing (Four Seasons hotel) is excellent and has a nice view, but is pricey.
Spring Moon (Peninsula hotel) is pretty good and is known for its teas. It has no view, but an interesting interior.

Sparkster

Brilliant_Rock
Hey D2B

First of all, I reckon the best place to stay in Hong Kong is Shim Sha Tsui in Kowloon. We spent 6 nights there in late July this year (hot and humid - yuck) and found that to be just the right amount of time. For two of those days, we were on a tour and the other four days we just shopped and ate.

I would definitely recommend going to the Peak. The cable car ride back down is fantastic. There are heaps of places to eat - we just went out for early evening walks and chose restaurants by on a whim. And they were all great.

By the way, if you are a shoe fanatic, I recommend going to the Jimmy Choo store in the Ocean Terminal Shopping Centre. I picked up a pair for half price!!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
I just have one more location to add to the extensive list from the other PS-ers.

Stanley Market is a great place to shop for cheap souvenirs. If you like markets, the Mongkok "Woman Street" is also great for shopping
1.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
There''s also the jade market.

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
*sigh* I miss Hong Kong. The food was great and I loved the fact that the city never slept. We used to head back to the hotel after a huge dinner, nap for a bit, then head out to shop at the night markets.

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone, I am starting to get all excited now!!! (even though I cant stand flying
32.gif
)

35.gif

D2B

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results