shape
carat
color
clarity

Holiday nail polish color?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Hi ladies!!

OK, so this is only semi-related to engagements, but do you know of any good holiday nail polish colors? I have been looking for a metallic or glittery red, but have had no such luck. Do you have any suggestions? It doesn''t have to be red, but any color that''s holiday-ish would be great. Thanks!

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Sorry for the double post! I think my internet connection was reset.

MermaidKelly

Shiny_Rock
9.gif
Wow what an awesome topic for me to just stumble on! I just bought a gorgeous dark emerald green polish to wear for the holidays!
1.gif

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Do you have an Ulta or Sephora near you? They have like, hundreds of colors of nails polish ..

katomm

Shiny_Rock

AllieGator

Shiny_Rock
Currently, I love "Flirt" from Sally Hansen Hard as Nails. It's a gorgeous dark maroon that's almost black, but not quite as stark as just plain black. OPI's "Lincoln Park After Dark" is along the same lines, but its more purple. I think they look very classy, with a "high end" kind of feel. I'd recommend keeping your nails on the shorter side when you're wearing them, though, because that way they don't get as chipped up as quickly.

ETA: I think this is a great idea for a thread...pretty nails are a great way to show off pretty bling!!! And I have to say, having seen the "flirt" color on the hand of a newly engaged friend, the dark polish really highlights the sparkle!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I just got some great stuff when I was back in the States - Sinful Colors brand, and it''s called "Under 18."
31.gif
It''s bright red, full of metallic sparkles. Definitely sinful.
2.gif

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Wow, thanks for your responses! I LOVE LOVE LOVE China Glaze's Holiday colors...thanks so much katomm! I had glittery red in mind, but I also love their tinsel and gold colors. Unfortunately, Ulta, Sephora and Sally's Beauty are all a good 30-45 minutes away from me and since I'll be busy with final papers for the next two weeks and a half, I won't get a chance to go until then. There is a beauty store in a mall 10min from where I live, so I'll go see if they have any.

For anyone who's also interested in holiday nail colors, my friend told me that OPI also has their own Holiday Selection, with many shades to choose from. Here is the link to swatches of their colors!

http://www.vampyvarnish.com/2009/10/15/opi-holiday-wishes-winter-2009-swatches-review-part/

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
It seems as if you''ve already gotten some great responses/ideas, but I thought I''d chime in, as well.. y''know, just in case, lol.
3.gif

1. Art Club Red on Red
2. Unlabeled
3. Wet N Wild 414
4. China Glaze Ruby Pumps
5. Cover Girl Cabernet
6. Victoria''s Secret Ruby Slippers
7. OPI A Man In Every Portugal
8. China Glaze Branding Iron
9. Mac Vintage Vamp
18. Mac Shirelle

polish_red.jpg

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Yellows/Oranges/Bronzes
1. Nail Fetish Yellow
2. Mac Phosphor
3. Art Club Yellow
4. Art Club Neon Orange
5. China Glaze In Awe of Amber
6. OPI Opus in Amber
7. Maybelline Brassy
8. Sally Hansen Taupe Pearl Chrome
9. Sally Hansen Amber Chrome
10. Sally Hansen Bronze Chrome
11. Sally Hansen Cinnamon Diamond Chrome
12. Color Club Tangerine Scream
13. OPI Banana Bandana
14. Sally Hansen Gold Chrome
15. Mac Sunny Tan
16. Mac Bubbly Beige
17. OPI Blonde Date
18. Symphony in Gold

oranges.jpg

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Golds/Browns
1. China Glaze Its My Turn
2. China Glaze Prize Winning Mare
7. Mac Soda-Da
8. China Glaze Medallion
10. Lancome 021
15. Sally Hansen Nail Prisms Amber Ruby
18. Zoya Richelle

golds.jpg

katomm

Shiny_Rock
MrsHToBe, you must be on MUA as well!! LOL

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Wow, MrsHToBe, thanks so much!!! I love the reds, golds, and silvers. I will probably end up buying more than one holiday color now.
31.gif

PS, what is MUA?

katomm

Shiny_Rock
MUA is a makeup message board

Check out Sinful Colors at Walgreens too for a quick fix. They apparently just came out with a holiday collection similar to China Glaze.

MrsHToBe

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 12:44:19 PM
Author: katomm
MrsHToBe, you must be on MUA as well!! LOL

Actually, no.. I just looked up nail polish swatches on YouTube, and screencapped the ones that fit the bill!
3.gif
As a matter of fact, I had to Google MUA to figure out what it was.. but, I just may have to join!

Skychick

Rough_Rock
I like OPI - I''m Not Really a Waitress (or something like that).

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
How about a berry color? Something that has a purple hue to it but is still red. Those are nice. Check out OPI

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
Yup, I LOVE OPI! Unfortunately, the link I posted doesn''t work anymore, but here are swatches of their Holiday Collection!

01 :: Ginger Bells
02 :: Shim-merry Chic
03 :: All A-bordeaux the Sled!
04 :: Holiday Glow
05 :: Sapphire in the Snow
06 :: Merry Midnight

07 :: Comet Loves Cupid
08 :: Dear Santa
09 :: Glove You So Much
10 :: Smitten with Mittens
11 :: Meet & Jingle
12 :: Crimson Carol

OPI holiday.jpg

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
i love hard candy nail polish (well the whole line in general) i''ll post pics later once i buy one and paint my nails

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love OPI "I''m Not Really A Waitress".

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
I just got Sally Hansen''s Extreme Wear in Red Carpet, which is a dark glittery red! Here is a photo:

sparkly nails.JPG

SparklyRing

Shiny_Rock
I put a coat of silver glitter over it on my toes to make it extra sparkly. I can''t wait till the end of the semester so I can go take a look at OPI and China Glaze''s holiday collections!

sparkly toes.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results