shape
carat
color
clarity

Holiday Avatar Thread - 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey you talented ladies,

Could someone put a santa hat on Jon''s avatar for him please?

TIA!
16.gif

santafyrhinopleeze.jpg

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Is it possible to trick out the generic smiley face avatar for the 'avatarily challenged'? (I think I made a new word!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lisa, what kind of computer are you using? Is it a PC?

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Can you PLEASE make this sparkly with a santa hat for me?????

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Lori

253807b.jpg

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 5:46:05 PM
Author: Ellen
Yes, it is a PC.
Don''t laugh if I tell you I have windows 98.
9.gif

(computer is on the list...)

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 5:09:15 PM
Author: :)

Date: 11/29/2008 5:46:05 PM
Yes, it is a PC.
Don't laugh if I tell you I have windows 98.
9.gif

(computer is on the list...)
yikes2.gif
Thank goodness!
2.gif

Ok, I'll give you a link to avatars. On the right of that page is a list, click Avatars home. In the search box to the right, type in christmas, and where it says Icons below, click that. A menu will pop up, click on Avatars. Then hit search. That should bring you to several pages of them.

When you find one you want, right click on it. There should be a menu box that pops up. Select "save picture as" or whatever it says that is similar. Another box should pop up, it's where the computer wants to save your av. Usually it will try to put it in a picture folder.

It should have a place to put the file name, change that to whatever you want. (you could save as is, but I've found they won't post with the title that comes with it). Underneath will be a place that says something like "save as type". In the slot it should already say jpeg, so nothing to do there. Then just click save. Now it's on your computer.

Next, go into your personal section here on the site. Go down the page a bit to where it says, Click here to upload a custom avatar to our server. Click, then hit the browse button. That will open up a box (on your computer), usually in your picture folder. If not, use the file search in the top of the box to get to where the av is.

Then click on the av, and that will put it in "file name". Next click "open". That will put the file in the space by Browse here on the site. Then just click Upload in the box to the far bottom right. If it worked, it will tell you so, (and you can always go check a post of yours to make sure). If not, a box should pop up saying a variety of things. You have my permission to cuss at this time.
9.gif
Seriously, if that happens, it's probably because the file name won't work (make it unique).

If you have trouble, let me know. I hope it works!

http://www.iconator.com/avatarsindex.php

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey all,

I have been ill this whole week. Stressed that I am going to give it to the kid when we are about to jump on a 15 hour plane ride a week from now. I will get to these before I leave, I promise. Hopefully this weekend, as I want you all to enjoy your holiday avatars as much as possible.

Bear with me!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tgal, you can cross GOG Jon''s av off the list as John P added the santa hat for him!

I hope you feel better soon
35.gif

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 6:49:57 AM
yikes2.gif
Thank goodness!
2.gif

Ok, I''ll give you a link to avatars. On the right of that page is a list, click Avatars home. In the search box to the right, type in christmas, and where it says Icons below, click that. A menu will pop up, click on Avatars. Then hit search. That should bring you to several pages of them.

When you find one you want, right click on it. There should be a menu box that pops up. Select ''save picture as'' or whatever it says that is similar. Another box should pop up, it''s where the computer wants to save your av. Usually it will try to put it in a picture folder.

It should have a place to put the file name, change that to whatever you want. (you could save as is, but I''ve found they won''t post with the title that comes with it). Underneath will be a place that says something like ''save as type''. In the slot it should already say jpeg, so nothing to do there. Then just click save. Now it''s on your computer.

Next, go into your personal section here on the site. Go down the page a bit to where it says, Click here to upload a custom avatar to our server. Click, then hit the browse button. That will open up a box (on your computer), usually in your picture folder. If not, use the file search in the top of the box to get to where the av is.

Then click on the av, and that will put it in ''file name''. Next click ''open''. That will put the file in the space by Browse here on the site. Then just click Upload in the box to the far bottom right. If it worked, it will tell you so, (and you can always go check a post of yours to make sure). If not, a box should pop up saying a variety of things. You have my permission to cuss at this time.
9.gif
Seriously, if that happens, it''s probably because the file name won''t work (make it unique).

If you have trouble, let me know. I hope it works!

http://www.iconator.com/avatarsindex.php
Thanks El! I always wanted to know how to do that! I will get started this weekend. But.... Do you realize you may have just made me the most dangerous person on PS? THink of what happened when I figured out how to use the emoties! Now I will be unstoppable - a new avatar every day!!!!!
chukka.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/5/2008 12:17:45 PM
Thanks El! I always wanted to know how to do that! I will get started this weekend. But.... Do you realize you may have just made me the most dangerous person on PS? THink of what happened when I figured out how to use the emoties! Now I will be unstoppable - a new avatar every day!!!!!
chukka.gif
oooo la la, I am looking forward to seeing this! hehe LOL to the emoties!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/5/2008 12:19:59 PM
Author: Skippy123

chukka.gif
oooo la la, I am looking forward to seeing this! hehe LOL to the emoties!
Hehehe!!!
35.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
TGal,

So sorry to hear you are sick...hope you feel better soon!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
chukka.gif
Oh noes!
scram.gif

9.gif
You are most welcome, I can''t wait to see your new av!
bat%20eyes3.gif

Tgal, get better woman!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/6/2008 6:41:59 AM

chukka.gif
Oh noes!
scram.gif

9.gif
bat%20eyes3.gif

Tgal, get better woman!
tapping.gif

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Can I have a little holiday cheer for my avatar also? Maybe a little hat or something? Thank you!!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/6/2008 6:45:58 AM
Author: Lorelei

Date: 12/6/2008 6:41:59 AM

chukka.gif
Oh noes!
scram.gif

9.gif
bat%20eyes3.gif

Tgal, get better woman!
tapping.gif
11.gif

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''m here! I''ve just been too busy at work to make fancy avatars for everyone. I''m sorry ladies
15.gif
I hope you will all forgive me! I will try to make time I promise...

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 1:34:52 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 11/21/2008 1:02:06 PM

Author: blondebunny

or this one of my marshmallow lookin all handsome
Here you go!
OMG that is the freaken cutest thing i have ever seen.. what a handsome marshmallow!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 3:36:48 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady

Date: 11/30/2008 3:42:05 AM
Author: loriken214
Can you PLEASE make this sparkly with a santa hat for me?????

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Lori
I cant make it sparkle, but I can add a hat!
9.gif
PERFECT....THANK YOU SDL!!!!!

Lori

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
SDL, you do good work, you''re hired! I''ll go back and see what''s left and finish up tonight. I''m much better (thank you everyone) and finally caught up on a week''s worth of work since I was out sick. Be back in a bit...

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/26/2008 4:05:03 PM
Author: Harleigh
WOW...you ladies have done it again! All the new holiday avatars look great!

Could I please get some sparkle and holiday spirit on the picture below? If not, on my current avatar is fine, but I''m not too fond of wearing Santa hats, personally!

Thanks so much, ladies!!!
This one was a bit tough to do as the sparkle wouldn''t work on the rings since they were too small in the photo. So I hope lights are enough cheer!

Harleigh2008722gifa.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 4:08:34 PM
Is it possible to trick out the generic smiley face avatar for the ''avatarily challenged''? (I think I made a new word!
9.gif

xmasbackgroundhappy.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/7/2008 2:23:50 AM
Author: heraanderson
Can I have a little holiday cheer for my avatar also? Maybe a little hat or something? Thank you!!

Photo_111006_0010001a.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okie doke! I think that does it, and we are caught up!

With that, since I am leaving this week for vacation, I am going to officially say the window for requests have been closed! Thank you all for participating and I hope you all are enjoying your avatars and have a happy holidays!!!!

ETA, special thanks to Dreamgirl for helping out!!

36.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you TGal, Dreamgirl and anyone else who contributed to making PS a festive community!

1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 11:34:51 PM

With that, since I am leaving this week for vacation, I am going to officially say the window for requests have been closed! Thank you all for participating and I hope you all are enjoying your avatars and have a happy holidays!!!!

36.gif
Tgal you did a great job. Have a wonderful vacation!!!!
35.gif

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
You rock, TGal! Thank you so much!

I hope you''re feeling better!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 11:39:44 PM
Author: Kaleigh

36.gif
35.gif
Thank you for the wonderful avatar, have a safe and wonderful trip with your lovely family!!!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2008 11:39:44 PM
Author: Kaleigh
35.gif
Ditto!!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock

ETA, special thanks to Dreamgirl for helping out!!

36.gif
Sounds like a plan to me! I''ve just been too busy to help out anymore! I had a lot of fun doing this though and if you do it again next year, count me in on helping out if you need it! Hope you have a wonderful vacation. Thank you!!!

Happy Holidays everyone!!!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results