shape
carat
color
clarity

Hit and run

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Prayers outgoing for this child and his family. And that the driver is found.

About 17 years ago, one of my parents'' youth groupers was hit and killed by a driver in Chicago. He was 17 years-old, walking to his after-school job in the city, and the driver hit him and drove away. To make it worse (as if it could get any worse) he hadn''t seen his father since he was three years old when he fled from Russia to the US. His dad had a plane ticket to come see his family three days after his son was killed. Oh, it was so horrible. Devastating. The driver was never found.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Update, The teenage boy is showing improvement. He''s awake and alert!! Thank god!!

The woman who hit him has not been found yet. BUT I just know they will find her. I am leaving for the weekend, so won''t know anything more. But wanted to updat this before I leave. They are not releasing the boys name, we still don''t know who it is.

I am so happy that he''s doing well. He has a fratured skull and a broken leg or legs.. But looks like he''s going to make it!!
36.gif
36.gif

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 12:06:02 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Update, The teenage boy is showing improvement. He''s awake and alert!! Thank god!!

The woman who hit him has not been found yet. BUT I just know they will find her. I am leaving for the weekend, so won''t know anything more. But wanted to updat this before I leave. They are not releasing the boys name, we still don''t know who it is.

I am so happy that he''s doing well. He has a fratured skull and a broken leg or legs.. But looks like he''s going to make it!!
36.gif
36.gif

Oh, gosh those injuries sounds pretty bad. It''s good he''s showing improvement, and I hope he makes a quick recovery (or as quick as possible from something as bad as that). I hope they find the woman and throw her in jail for a very long time.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
That is horrible!
15.gif
Glad he is stabilizing though..sending prayers.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m so glad he''s going to make it! I firmly believe that karma and the police will soon find that horrid woman.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Lisa,

My friend was hit on Sunday night intentionally (hate crime); they now have the driver in custody. My friend had his left leg amputated on Monday night and they might have to take his right leg if it doesn''t show signs of circulation. It''s so horrible.

I am glad to hear that the teen is doing better.

Roppongi

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG what a witch
29.gif
my prayers go out the kid and his family
7.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear he''s showing improvement. I hope they find that woman!
29.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank heavens!!
36.gif

And thank you for updating Lisa. Have a great time, I know you''ve earned it!
2.gif

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
A had a friend of a friend hit and killed by a hit and run driver several years ago. The never found the driver
29.gif
and in that case, it wasn''t even the driver''s fault, the girl was running accross the road in the middle of the night.

I hit a teen on a bike a few months back (he rode out in front of me), and there''s no way you can do that and not know you hit someone! The boy was fine, not even scratched, and I was soo worried about him. How can a driver inflict that much damage and just drive away?! At least the boy is doing better. Hopefully when the driver tries to have her car repaired someone will turn her in.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank God that he is showing improvement!
Whoever did this should be ashamed of themselves...I hope that they catch them.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank God!!!!!! I am so glad he is going to be OK. I am sure they will find that awful woman.

Believe me... I bet she is shaking in her boots, wondering if she is going to be caught.
29.gif

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Oh man...

My thoughts and prayers are with this child.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK GOODNESS!!!!!!!

Diva0413

Brilliant_Rock
That''s just awful. I really can''t understand how anyone can just leave someone there after hitting them. They certainly wouldn''t want that for themselves or anyone in their family if it happened to them.

So sad.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know, it still just gets me at my inner core as a Mom.... I am hoping she is found and soon. I mean doesn''t she have neighbors?? You see a car with big damage pull up... Her husband, her family has to know... Someone will come forward... I just know it,
5.gif

nycbkgirl

Brilliant_Rock
hard to believe there are such ppl in this world
7.gif
...sending prayers for a speedy recovery!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness, that''s terrible!!!!! I hope she is found soon!!!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
This story angers me too. I really hate to believe that people like that are out there. But they obviously are. I don''t think there would be that much damage to a car hitting a child on a bike. Since the boy is awake is he able to identify the car that hit him? What a B****. How could she just leave like that. I pull over when I hit an animal to make sure that it isn''t suffering.

I too hope that she is charged with as many charges as possible. She should be put away for a long while. She can''t drive and she has no respect for a human life.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 10:26:18 PM
Author: radiantquest
This story angers me too. I really hate to believe that people like that are out there. But they obviously are. I don't think there would be that much damage to a car hitting a child on a bike. Since the boy is awake is he able to identify the car that hit him? What a B****. How could she just leave like that. I pull over when I hit an animal to make sure that it isn't suffering.

I too hope that she is charged with as many charges as possible. She should be put away for a long while. She can't drive and she has no respect for a human life.
The boy upon impact hit her windsheild and shattered it, There was huge damage to the car, on the passenger side where she hit him.

Just so thankful that it looks like he will survive.

I am away, so don't know the latest. If I hear anything from friends in the neighborhood, I will update for sure..

I don't know how someone who did this ... can sleep at night... I really don't.
38.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/16/2009 11:16:00 PM
Author: Kaleigh
The boy upon impact hit her windsheild and shattered it, There was huge damage to the car, on the passenger side where she hit him.

Just so thankful that it looks like he will survive.

I am away, so don''t know the latest. If I hear anything from friends in the neighborhood, I will update for sure..

I don''t know how someone who did this ... can sleep at night... I really don''t.
38.gif
We don''t know that they are. Here''s hoping....

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I started reading, and tears started to fall...I am glad I kept reading!!! I am so glad he is doing a little better. That woman deserve to go to prison.

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
This is just awful.. I hope the teenager will have a full recovery. My DH was hit on his bike and the driver sped away.
Same situation, went up on the windshield and even made eye contact with the driver. This was 30 plus years ago in the same area - ML suburbs of Philly. They never caught the driver, and he had a full description. Hopefully the police will be all over this and someone HAD to see the damaged car... sooner or later she will be caught.. You would think there would be some compassion..sadly many of these situations the drivers are drunk or on drugs..

I am praying for the boy..

Patiently_Waiting

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I got so angry just reading this. Glad the teenager is improving. Outgoing prayers to him and his family. And that the woman who hit him is caught soon and punished for her unthinkable actions
38.gif

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
kaleigh -

prayers for the boy who was hit. i''m so glad he''s showing improvement. ''awake'' after a head injury is great news.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results