shape
carat
color
clarity

HIS engagement gift!?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2008 9:09:45 PM
Author: musey
Date: 12/15/2008 2:26:37 AM

Author: gwendolyn

Additionally, I don''t believe I project ''issues'' onto you or anyone else. When people offer advice, it all comes from personal experience of some kind. In my opinion, especially on a forum where no one really knows anyone else, it only makes sense to offer the perspective from which you''re offering the advice in case it is irrelevant to the person asking for the advice. In other words: if my situation has nothing in common with yours, don''t listen to me!

Apologies for the threadjack, glitterazzi.

I admit that I didn''t read most of the back-and-forth in this thread (I''ve been trying to skip the negativity on PS lately if it doesn''t directly involve me). But Gwen, I just wanted to say that I''ve read many, many of your posts and never once did I see you being rude/snarky/etc. You''ve been one of the kinder posters on PS since you joined.

I''ve said it several times in past threads, but it seems that a lot of the negative interpretations of posts comes from newer members, or those that don''t post very often. I''ll read posts accusing people of writing this that and the other negative thing, and nearly every time that I find myself saying ''huh??'' it''s coming from a newer member. I admit that when I first started hanging out here (I''ve never really frequented another forum) I did the same thing a few times, myself. I think it takes awhile to figure out how to more accurately read forum posts--because unless you''re very specific (hmm, I wonder why my posts are always SO verbose!) there is a LOT of room for misinterpretation.

I''m not trying to pick on you, suitelady and lala, I''m just saying that it may help to give posters the benefit of the doubt while you read. Once I figured out how to do that, I stopped misinterpreting peoples'' words and intentions so often. It helped a lot!
1.gif
I know it''s annoying to have people dismiss you as being ''new here,'' and I don''t mean to do that at all. I just wanted to share that I think there''s a learning curve with communicating this way, and I certainly experienced that when I was ''new.''
Thank you, musey. Your kind words are very much appreciated.
1.gif

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
I commented that Gwen always takes my posts the wrong way as well and that we are just clearly on different wavelengths. I can accept that reasoning.

I really enjoy this forum and considered leaving, but I can accept that I disagree with someone and that people disagree with me. i may not have been here very long, but I try to do be positive and helpful and if I have something to say that would hurt someone's feelings then I simply don't comment, b/c I like to think that I am simply misunderstanding. THis had simply gone to far for me to not say something.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results