shape
carat
color
clarity

Hints he may have the ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ladies, This is open to past, present and future LIWs to add infromantion for reference.

While some of us are in relationships that are very open about the status of the ring, many of us are in relationships that have some degree of ring related-secrecy.

It can be reassuring to a LIW to know whether he does or doesn''t have the ring, but often times she can''t outright ask.

What are hints you''ve recieved that let you know he does or doesn''t have the ring?

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Some maybe hints that I''ve had:

I showed him two stones, and then the warmer of the two disapeared from the online listing.

A few weeks later we were talking about ring metals and my BF wanted confirmation that yellow gold would make a lower-colored stone look whiter
(He seemed more concerned about it than his usual indifferance towards jewellery)

I was showing him a ring online that i though was passable and he said "you deserve a prettier ring than that" (so maybe he has one in mind?) usually if he doesn''t like a ring I show him he just straight up tells me it''s ugly.

he''s been acting pretty squirrley lately - being all sweet and rediculous (it could just be from being cooped up in the house though)

Do these sound like reasonable hints or delusions? I think my wistfulness is beginning to warp my reality.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
exciting....
31.gif

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
His browser history switches from espn.com to whiteflash.com.

Mysterious, small packages arrive at the house. You are never allowed to see them, on a flimsy excuse of some sort. "It must be something for the neighbors that was misdelivered, I''ll walk it over later." Despite the fact that it''s clearly marked with your address.

He dead stops spending money on anything. When questioned, he just mumbles something about being responsible and the future and all that and quickly changes the topic to dinner.

All of your rings disappear out of your jewelry box. You don''t have the heart to tell him they only fit on your pinkie, pointer finger, and thumb.

Your female relative/friend starts giving you the eye and giggling uncontrollably, then asking strangely specific questions about metals and millimeter sizes.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 5:32:07 PM
Author: ts44
His browser history switches from espn.com to whiteflash.com.

Mysterious, small packages arrive at the house. You are never allowed to see them, on a flimsy excuse of some sort. ''It must be something for the neighbors that was misdelivered, I''ll walk it over later.'' Despite the fact that it''s clearly marked with your address.

He dead stops spending money on anything. When questioned, he just mumbles something about being responsible and the future and all that and quickly changes the topic to dinner.

All of your rings disappear out of your jewelry box. You don''t have the heart to tell him they only fit on your pinkie, pointer finger, and thumb.

Your female relative/friend starts giving you the eye and giggling uncontrollably, then asking strangely specific questions about metals and millimeter sizes.
Oh my, ts! Those are some pretty clear signs...but the one about the rings makes *me* giggle uncontrollably!

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Eeks ts44! Did all of those happen to you?

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
I had no hints. None.

My friends and family, who knew about the ring, did not let on either.

In fact, the only advice I can give is that even when you *think* he''s up to something, he may not be so it is best not to get too carried away, IMHO. I saw that my DH had been looking at various on-line vendors nearly a year before I got my ring.

Eventually I stopped trying to guess when it was going to happen for fear of driving myself insane. When I least expected it - when I had no inclination that he was going to propose - he dropped to his knee. He did such a good job of keeping me in the dark that even when he was down on one knee asking me to marry him in the "proper" way, even THEN I expected to open the ring box and see a diamond cluster ring, not my dream ring. AND about a month before he proposed, he brought me to the jeweler who was making my ring to look at wedding bands. I had no idea that the owner of the store and the SA working with us knew that at that very moment there was a partially finished ring waiting for me in the workroom.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
Well I don''t know if he physically has the ring. But I think it is in the works.

He did tell me I can only spend $100 on him for Christmas. He told me I need to save my money because we are going to have some "big expenses" this year.

I saw a UPS express box the size that most of the vendors send jewelry in, but all the vendors I told him about use FedEx, so I am guessing that was for something else.

ts44

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/15/2009 5:55:28 PM
Author: HopeDream
Eeks ts44! Did all of those happen to you?

Naw, we were open about the ring, I knew exactly which setting he bought and I even picked out the diamond myself.
2.gif

I was in a silly mood and wanted to give everybody a giggle.
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results