shape
carat
color
clarity

Higher clarity for fancies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Is a VS2 too low to go with a fancy-cut diamond? I''m looking at princess, oval and radiant. I''m afraid that a fancy-cut will show inclusions more so than a RB. Thoughts?

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think that is necessarily true. A lot has to do with the placement of the inclusions and whether YOUR eyes see anything. I have an SI2 pear, and if I did not know where the large feather was, I''d never see it. Also, many interpret the definition of eye clean differently. To me, eye clean does not mean holding it 6 inches from your face and staring at it intently for 5 minutes. If I can''t see anything at 18 inches in 10 or 15 seconds, that''s good for me.
2.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You might find " show me the ring" helpful in the above forum, many lovely fancy shapes in there of SI clarity. Also see if you can view different stones to see what pleases you in person. No two diamonds are alike and as Diamondlil says it will depend on the nature and placement of the inclusion. I wouldn''t have thought VS2 is too low at all .

Capitol Bill

Shiny_Rock
The only fancy cuts that generally show inclusions more readily are step cuts (emerald, asscher, etc.). The cuts you mentioned, and other brilliant cuts, are better at masking most types of inclusions. Regardless of cut, in the vast majority of cases a VS2 (graded by a top lab) should not present a problem in terms of "eye clean." No worries!
Bill Scherlag

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto to what has been said. My pear is a VS2 and I have yet to ever find the inclusions, either by eye or even with a 10X loupe! If you are considering step cut stones though (asscher, emerald, etc), as CB noted, those don''t hide inclusions as well so you definitely want consider higher clarities for those.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Bill states it correctly. The step cuts can, but will not necessarily always, show inclusions clear up to a VS1. It is one of those areas where you need to speak with the vendor and rely on him to give you an accurate visual opinion, then verify with your own eyes. Remember that you may see better than he does or not as well so always let your own eyes be the final judge.

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results