shape
carat
color
clarity

high cost of costume jewelry...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
would you spend $1,500.00 on costume jewelry?What costume jewelry designers are worth the $$$....lets talk.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
sorry about the picture problems...im talkin about the Janis Savitt necklace on the N.Marcus site...

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jewelerman, is this the one? http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod67010083&cmCat=search&searchType=MAIN&parentId=

If so, it's very pretty, but I just don't think I'd pay $1,565 for it. After all, it's brass and crystal . . . not even real gold. Also, I don't think I could carry it off . . . it's much too big for me! I'm kind of a petite person, and I usually wear smaller, more delicate-looking jewelry.

I don't wear costume jewelry at all, although I have seen some pieces in the past that are very beautiful. I'd really rather spend my money on the real thing. Every dollar I spend on costume jewelry is one less dollar I can spend on diamonds! LOL!
2.gif
11.gif

joflier

Ideal_Rock
Ick. For $1500? No thank you. Perhaps its geared towards folks with boatloads of mula that will just spend it on darn near anything?

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 9:59:31 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
Jewelerman, is this the one? http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod67010083&cmCat=search&searchType=MAIN&parentId=

If so, it''s very pretty, but I just don''t think I''d pay $1,565 for it. After all, it''s brass and crystal . . . not even real gold. Also, I don''t think I could carry it off . . . it''s much too big for me! I''m kind of a petite person, and I usually wear smaller, more delicate-looking jewelry.

I don''t wear costume jewelry at all, although I have seen some pieces in the past that are very beautiful. I''d really rather spend my money on the real thing. Every dollar I spend on costume jewelry is one less dollar I can spend on diamonds! LOL!
2.gif
11.gif
I AGREE...the more spent on costume jewelry...the less there is for the real thing....yes thats the necklace i was refuring to...

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
That necklace is very ugly! lol

I don''t wear much jewelry so when I spend money, I tend to go for the real thing. The only "expensive" custume jewelery I own is a necklace which was around $200. The rest of my stuff are earring and stuff from Nordies under $50 each pair.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2008 3:47:00 PM
Author: MC

I don't wear much jewelry so when I spend money, I tend to go for the real thing. The only 'expensive' custume jewelery I own is a necklace which was around $200. The rest of my stuff are earring and stuff from Nordies under $50 each pair.
Aw, I think it's pretty . . . just not something I would wear! LOL!
2.gif

I'm glad everyone else seems to feel the same way about costume jewelry versus the real thing. I was worried that I was becoming a "jewelry snob"! LOL!
9.gif
11.gif

You know, a friend of mine had one of those jewelry parties recently, and I didn't go. I felt kind of bad for not going, because she is a good friend. But, I knew I wouldn't buy anything since I don't wear costume jewelry.
40.gif

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would never spend that much on costume jewelry. There''s just too many real gems that I could put that money towards.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 4:05:17 PM

I don''t wear much jewelry so when I spend money, I tend to go for the real thing. The only ''expensive'' custume jewelery I own is a necklace which was around $200. The rest of my stuff are earring and stuff from Nordies under $50 each pair.
Aw, I think it''s pretty . . . just not something I would wear! LOL!
2.gif

I''m glad everyone else seems to feel the same way about costume jewelry versus the real thing. I was worried that I was becoming a ''jewelry snob''! LOL!
9.gif
11.gif

You know, a friend of mine had one of those jewelry parties recently, and I didn''t go. I felt kind of bad for not going, because she is a good friend. But, I knew I wouldn''t buy anything since I don''t wear costume jewelry.
40.gif

That is a horrid looking necklace!!!!!!! Besides, Supa Grannies, would never wear something like that

9.gif

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 4:54:29 PM
Author: Catmom
I would never spend that much on costume jewelry. There''s just too many real gems that I could put that money towards.

Agreed! A while back I didn''t have a problem spending money on *inexpensive* costume jewelry but I won''t even do that now... much less expensive costume pieces! There are just too many REAL pieces I want eventually.

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Is the price worth it? I guess that depends on who you ask!

While this necklace and, many pieces from this designer's collection are not my style, I can see why they are expensive. There is of course the mark-up that Neimans places on them, they are more on the artistic side, and some are pieces that I think you can't just find anywhere. Like I said, they are not my style and would prefer spending that amount of money on the real thing, but everyone has their own preference. For the price, I would hope pieces from the collection are well constructed.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/16/2008 6:27:57 PM
Author: Linda W

I don''t wear much jewelry so when I spend money, I tend to go for the real thing. The only ''expensive'' custume jewelery I own is a necklace which was around $200. The rest of my stuff are earring and stuff from Nordies under $50 each pair.
2.gif

I''m glad everyone else seems to feel the same way about costume jewelry versus the real thing. I was worried that I was becoming a ''jewelry snob''! LOL!
9.gif
11.gif

You know, a friend of mine had one of those jewelry parties recently, and I didn''t go. I felt kind of bad for not going, because she is a good friend. But, I knew I wouldn''t buy anything since I don''t wear costume jewelry.
40.gif

That is a horrid looking necklace!!!!!!! Besides, Supa Grannies, would never wear something like that

9.gif
Oh, come on, Linda! A Supa Granny could TOTALLY sport that thing and look FABULOUS (in spite of it)! LOL!
2.gif
3.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 7:09:27 PM

2.gif

9.gif
11.gif

40.gif

9.gif
Oh, come on, Linda! A Supa Granny could TOTALLY sport that thing and look FABULOUS (in spite of it)! LOL!
2.gif
3.gif

creepaway3.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Blech to the style and the price!!

I don''t like spending over $50 for costume jewelry anyway!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
No Way!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to Somethingshiny...the most I''ve ever spent on a costume piece is $40, and I make darn sure to wear that necklace a lot! To me, $40 is a LOT of money for something that won''t last or is only trendy for awhile. If I''m going to spend 1k on something, it''s going to be heirloom quality.

I will pay the standard price for David Yurman or Tiffany silver. There''s an enamel bracelet from Tiffany that I love, and if I had $400 laying around, I''d probably buy it in a heartbeat - I don''t know why that''s different to me, though.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/16/2008 9:17:02 PM

2.gif

9.gif
11.gif

40.gif

9.gif
2.gif
3.gif

creepaway3.gif

Ooo, I''m not sure Supa Granny would look fabulous with tons of costume jewelry, but I do like how she''s made that tacky deputy star badge into a swingy, blingy belt!

Irishgrrrl and Linda, on the "Issue of Supa Granny: Fake Bling Or Not", I present for your consideration... exhibit A!!:
9.gif

f-d-l

bling_grannymed.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/17/2008 2:48:31 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis

2.gif

9.gif
11.gif

40.gif

9.gif
2.gif
3.gif

creepaway3.gif

Ooo, I''m not sure Supa Granny would look fabulous with tons of costume jewelry, but I do like how she''s made that tacky deputy star badge into a swingy, blingy belt!

Irishgrrrl and Linda, on the ''Issue of Supa Granny: Fake Bling Or Not'', I present for your consideration... exhibit A!!:
9.gif

f-d-l
FLEUR!!! She''s GAWGEOUS!!!
23.gif

YAY FOR THE BLINGY SUPA GRANNIES!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/17/2008 2:48:31 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis

2.gif

9.gif
11.gif

40.gif

9.gif
2.gif
3.gif

creepaway3.gif

Irishgrrrl and Linda, on the ''Issue of Supa Granny: Fake Bling Or Not'', I present for your consideration... exhibit A!!:
9.gif

f-d-l
SO..whats wrong with this picture?Dosnt everyone wear this much jewelry?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Please give me my sunglasses. That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much jewelry, ha ha ha ha ha.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/19/2008 12:08:56 AM
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. Please give me my sunglasses. That is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too much jewelry, ha ha ha ha ha.
Oh, Linda, come on! She looks amazing!!! As DiamondFan would say, she has most definitely let her inner Liz Taylor out and is rocking it even as we speak! LOL! Oh, and here are some sunglasses for ya:
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results