color
clarity

Hidden Netflix Gem Thread

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ilovegems95|1454897419|3988195 said:
telephone89|1421866619|3819962 said:
The killing. It took me a few episodes to get into it but once I was, I loved it.
The 100. Kind of hunger games-esque. (comes back tmr!)
The mindy project. I learn so many life lessons from dear mindy.

I'm not sure if I will have the recommendations on here (canadian netflix =\) but I will sure look.

I would not compare The 100 to Hunger Games, it's superior in every way. Sorry, but I'm super passionate about it. Wanheada will reign!
I think it's very similar. Dystopian future, children sent their death, etc.

I haven't started season 3 yet, but glad it's back on!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVED this documentary.

Fed Up

http://www.netflix.com/search/fed%20up?jbv=70299287&jbp=0&jbr=0

It is a travesty what the politicians and our US government have done to the people and most specifically the children of our nation. Complicit with the food corporations they have doctored WHO reports and the McGovern Report and USDA to name a few all in the name of big business and big money. And in doing so have cost our country the health of our children and future generations. :cry: :cry: :cry:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Schitts Creek. LOL

cheers--Sharon

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been watching Fuller House :lol: :lol: :lol:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1457922141|4004746 said:
I've been watching Fuller House :lol: :lol: :lol:

I watched the first one and thought it was really cute. I can't decide whether or not I want to continue though. Candace Camerone Bure's real life attitudes rub me the wrong way and I had a hard time suspending my thoughts on her while watching. I might just have to get over that, though.

I found a kind of sad but hilarious show called Flaked tonight, starring Will Arnette. 2 episodes while folding laundry piqued my interest enough to watch more. Anyone else watching it?

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm watching "The Returned" - the US version of the tv show. I'm disappointed that it got cancelled after one season!!!! Bring it back, Netflix!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1457182139|4000139 said:
LOVED this documentary.

Fed Up

It is a travesty what the politicians and our US government have done to the people and most specifically the children of our nation. Complicit with the food corporations they have doctored WHO reports and the McGovern Report and USDA to name a few all in the name of big business and big money. And in doing so have cost our country the health of our children and future generations. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Missy, I watched the first half of Fed Up the other night. I'll finish it this weekend. Another good one is PlantPure Nation, you would also enjoy that, I think. It follows a man from Virginia and his father who lobbied for a plant-based dietary guideline bill in KY. The research they did showed overwhelmingly positive results in the health improvement of the people they studied whose diets changed from garbage food plus meds for diabetes/high cholesterol/all kinds of other stuff to a plant-based diet. (I hope my wording makes sense or at least got the jist across.)

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1457921961|4004740 said:
HI:

Schitts Creek. LOL

cheers--Sharon
So I watched the first season on Netflix and I didn't really 'get into it' until near the end. Now I'm waiting for season 2 to be on Netflix (I think its still on cbc currently).

So my update.
I watched all the X-files. Wow they really took a dive in seasons 7-9. (not Netflix related, but I also watched the new season and it wasn't much better haha)
I started watching Scandal. As a Canadian, I find some things really annoying about it, but it's good background noise. I like how the stories are very interconnected. I think I'm on season 3 now.

Haven't watched many Netflix movies lately, been trying to catch up on the newer movies out.
Looking forward to Daredevil s2 - coming out tomorrow. We will probably watch that this weekend.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
telephone89|1458230720|4006774 said:
canuk-gal|1457921961|4004740 said:
HI:

Schitts Creek. LOL

cheers--Sharon
So I watched the first season on Netflix and I didn't really 'get into it' until near the end. Now I'm waiting for season 2 to be on Netflix (I think its still on cbc currently).

It took me a couple of episodes to find the love...but now I routinely LOL. I have been watching season 2/online on CBC

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1458226239|4006733 said:
missy|1457182139|4000139 said:
LOVED this documentary.

Fed Up

Missy, I watched the first half of Fed Up the other night. I'll finish it this weekend. Another good one is PlantPure Nation, you would also enjoy that, I think. It follows a man from Virginia and his father who lobbied for a plant-based dietary guideline bill in KY. The research they did showed overwhelmingly positive results in the health improvement of the people they studied whose diets changed from garbage food plus meds for diabetes/high cholesterol/all kinds of other stuff to a plant-based diet. (I hope my wording makes sense or at least got the jist across.)

Yes, I totally understand what you wrote Monnie. Hope you are enjoying it and thank you for the recommendation of PlantPure Nation. Will check that out.

We just started a new series on Netflix and I am finding it hilarious. Love. On episode 5 already because we watched 4 of them in a row last night it was so funny.

https://www.netflix.com/browse?jbv=80026506&jbp=1&jbr=1

And we saw a good movie on Netflix the other night I recommend. It is very good.
Man Up

https://www.netflix.com/browse?jbv=80052612&jbp=2&jbr=6

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate to say it but I'm not loving this season of House of Cards so far. :???:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Just watched "The Hunting Ground", a documentary about the epidemic of sexual assaults on our college campuses and the lack of adequate response from the colleges and even the local police. It was very eye opening and very tragic.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
Not sure if anyone's posted this one yet but I love the documentary "Ballerina" - I've watched it three times in the past two years.

From Wiki: "Ballerina is a 2006 documentary film that follows the training sessions, rehearsals, and everyday lives of five Russian ballerinas at different stages in their career."

It's mostly in Russian with subtitles but has some french & english mixed in.

I love the editing; how they show as much brutal rehearsal time as actual performances and how you get to know these incredibly talented young women over the span of a year or so.

I had a very strict Russian ballet teacher when I was 3-8 years old so I can totally relate... :???:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I haven't been watching this thread, but I had to pop in and mention three movies my husband and I recently watched on Netflix that were both really enjoyable...

"Man Up" and "Hector and the Search for Happiness" which are both atypical Simon Pegg movies.

"Seeking a Friend for the End of the World" is Kiera Knightley and Steve Carrell in an unexpectedly great match.

Enjoy!

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not loving the newest season of House of Cards, either!

I made it ten minutes into Fuller House.

I'm trying Flaked. It has my interest.

I will forever be in love with The Good Wife. Great binge watching!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ringnut

Rough_Rock
I love foreign films, and Netflix has many excellent ones, but these are some of my favorites:

Some of my favorite French films:
Populaire
Heartbreaker
Tell No One
Moliere

The Lunchbox, an Indian film, is one of the most beautiful films I've ever seen in my life.

I also absolutely fell in love with the British miniseries North & South starring Richard Armitage. (It's NOT the Civil War mini from the 80's that starred Patrick Swayze.) Everything about it is near perfect--the acting, the score, the scenery, the story. I watched it every day for a month.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cloudburst (with Olympia Dukakis).

A little over the top at times but overall a really cute and enjoyable movie. And Olympia Dukakis is great in it.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
alexah|1458241974|4006902 said:
Not sure if anyone's posted this one yet but I love the documentary "Ballerina" - I've watched it three times in the past two years.

From Wiki: "Ballerina is a 2006 documentary film that follows the training sessions, rehearsals, and everyday lives of five Russian ballerinas at different stages in their career."

I love the editing; how they show as much brutal rehearsal time as actual performances and how you get to know these incredibly talented young women over the span of a year or so.

I had a very strict Russian ballet teacher when I was 3-8 years old so I can totally relate... :???:

alexah I've looked for this documentary ever since you mentioned it but can never find it. :/

I found A Ballerina's Tale (which I watched) but not one titled just "Ballerina".

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Longmire, on Netflix.

Just finished latest Pretty Little Liars (most recent season on Amazon) and LOVED it, they fast-forwarded 5 years.

I also didn't love the latest House of Cards, ho hum. Jumped/shark for me.

Can't wait for Season 2 of Bloodline on Netflix.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1462743231|4029053 said:
Longmire, on Netflix.

Just finished latest Pretty Little Liars (most recent season on Amazon) and LOVED it, they fast-forwarded 5 years.

I also didn't love the latest House of Cards, ho hum. Jumped/shark for me.

Can't wait for Season 2 of Bloodline on Netflix.

Is that soon?? Hope so!

cheers--Sharon

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
CJ2008|1462742504|4029045 said:
alexah|1458241974|4006902 said:

alexah I've looked for this documentary ever since you mentioned it but can never find it. :/

I found A Ballerina's Tale (which I watched) but not one titled just "Ballerina".

Sorry CJ - it must've been removed from Netflix after I posted about it... :blackeye: but I googled it and found it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oE8IFJVK-Q

I hope you enjoy it! :wavey: Btw, how did you like Ballerina's Tale? I haven't watched that one yet... :)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
alexah said:
Sorry CJ - it must've been removed from Netflix after I posted about it... :blackeye: but I googled it and found it on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oE8IFJVK-Q

I hope you enjoy it! :wavey: Btw, how did you like Ballerina's Tale? I haven't watched that one yet... :)

Thanks alexah! :wavey:

It's been a while since I saw it, but I'm pretty sure I did like Ballerina's Tale (I love documentaries). I saw other ballet documentaries (I think one was called First Position, or maybe Fifth Position - also good.)

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
I'm home from work due to a torn rotator cuff. I can't believe I have to have another shoulder surgery. I actually feel sorry for myself. The worst thing ever.
So we found a show on Netflix called love. We actually really liked it. It's one season and about 11 episodes. Most are Around 30 minutes.
Dry and funny. Some things we had to rewind because we were laughing so hard. It's kind of vulgar. Just a warning!
We also watched Twinsters. Great documentary. It's about a set of twins separated at birth in Korea. So cute. Really worth watching.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gem Queen! So sorry about your injury and need for another surgery. ;( I hope your surgery and recovery goes smoothly and you are back to fighting shape in no time.

Glad you are enjoying LOVE we loved it. So light and smart and funny. We watched it in a few nights. I highly recommend that series. Also loved TWINSTERS. A very good documentary. If you have a lot of spare time and want other recs please read through my posts in this thread because I think we have similar taste. Plus all the other good recs from PSers.

Just finished THE WAY HE LOOKS. Sweet movie. Just rewatched SHALL WE DANCE. Good but not as good as I remembered it. Funny how a couple of decades can change your thinking about movies and other things. Tastes change. I guess all we have to do is read SMTB and Hangout here to realize that. :cheeky:

Enjoyed THE GRAND SEDUCTION and also highly recommend RABBIT PROOF FENCE. Tragic and moving. Watch it.
I cannot remember if I already recommended this one THE IMPOSTER. Unbelievable true story. Incredible that it happened.

Some other Netflix movies we have enjoyed and that I have already recommended but just in case you don't feel like going back through the thread. These are only very few of the movies I have already suggested so for more just go back to the earlier pages here. These are all on streaming btw.

BLUE IS THE WARMEST COLOR

ME AND YOU AND EVERYONE WE KNOW

FORCE MAJEURE

TAKE THIS WALTZ

WE NEED TO TALK ABOUT KEVIN

ROUNDERS

ATONEMENT

NIGHTCRAWLER

SHORT TERM 12

PHOENIX

PHILOMENA

TWO DAYS ONE NIGHT

DEAR ZACHARY

THE KIDS ARE ALL RIGHT

A SINGLE MAN

CHEF

Y TU MAMA TAMBIEN

COPENHAGEN

DIRTY PRETTY THINGS

MOONRISE KINGDOM

OLDBOY

TSOTSI

Watching OMAR right now. Recommended even though we have an hour left or so it is very good.

So many others that were enjoyable that I already recommended on the previous pages. Hope you find lots of movies and series to keep you engaged and occupied and your mind off unpleasantness and your injury. (((HUGS))) for a quick recovery.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I zipped through the Netflix series "Love" - twice. I just streamed it in the background during working hours. I didn't like it much... I was hoping I would "get" it the second time around. Nope. :lol:

DH and I are streaming at night Nurse Jackie, and on the weekends Peaky Blinders. Peaky Blinders is VERY COOL! I'm on the edge of my seat the whole time lolol...

I also flew through the second season of Grace and Frankie. It's so dang funny!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just finished streaming "The Out List" on Netflix - very good!! Starting "The Women's List"!

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Is anyone watching outlander on Starz? Omg. It's a must. Not on Netflix, but Amazon prime

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL I couldn't find this thread searching on PS so I went to google and found it that way.
Here are some of my new additions.

Really enjoyed these movies.

The Invitation I guessed what was going to happen but it was still enjoyable. Recommend it.

Tell No One We saw this when it first came out and I think that was over 10 years ago. So enjoyable. A must see. An excellent movie so much so that it was worth rewatching. Don't miss this.

Populaire. light and sweet and very retro.

Mustang. Recommend but a bit stressful. A good movie.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind Another re-watch for us. Good movie.

A Hijacking. Watched this last night for the first time. Very good.

and lastly a short animated movie by Hertzfeldt who brought us that wonderful short movie It's Such a Beautiful Day. This one is not as good IMO but still worth watching.
World of Tomorrow

If you have not yet watched Hertzfeldt's It's Such a Beautiful Day please do yourself a favor and watch it if it is still available. So good. And I don't generally like animated movies. This one is worth seeing IMO.

Happy Netflixing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results