shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey ladies, DF wants to know how often you use your "lady reviver"?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't get hysterical now ... [DF Mode] I had to ask. [/DF Mode]

SNIP ...

Lady Revivers ...

Smelling salts, also known as “lady revivers,” were the most common method used for rousing a fainting damsel. However there is no salt in smelling salts at all. The active ingredient is ammonium carbonate, a solid compound that when mixed with water releases an ammonia gas that irritates the lining of the nose and the windpipe, heightening a person’s alertness.

While fashionable Victorian ladies might have a “fainting room” inside in case a sudden fit befell them, if a woman was overcome while out and about the situation might prove more perilous. Police constables of the era were equipped with small vials of smelling salts to assist afflicted women in the streets.

So what do you think? Was the sudden surge in fainting spells among Victorian upper-class women a result of tight corsets and arsenic-laced cosmetics, or was it a social fad, a way to prove your delicate femininity?

Esteemed source referenced below ...
Oh but first, what is a lady's "constitution".
Do y'allz still have those?
If not, why not?

Can men have a constitution?
If not, why not?

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Don't get hysterical now ... [DF Mode] I had to ask. [/DF Mode]

SNIP ...

Lady Revivers ...

Smelling salts, also known as “lady revivers,” were the most common method used for rousing a fainting damsel. However there is no salt in smelling salts at all. The active ingredient is ammonium carbonate, a solid compound that when mixed with water releases an ammonia gas that irritates the lining of the nose and the windpipe, heightening a person’s alertness.

While fashionable Victorian ladies might have a “fainting room” inside in case a sudden fit befell them, if a woman was overcome while out and about the situation might prove more perilous. Police constables of the era were equipped with small vials of smelling salts to assist afflicted women in the streets.

So what do you think? Was the sudden surge in fainting spells among Victorian upper-class women a result of tight corsets and arsenic-laced cosmetics, or was it a social fad, a way to prove your delicate femininity?

Esteemed source referenced below ...
Oh but first, what is a lady's "constitution".
Do y'allz still have those?
If not, why not?

Can men have a constitution?
If not, why not?

Social fad 100%.
[1950's mode]: My "little stupid" woman brain can't believe you are asking this :???:

I don't know how I'm going to drive today, at 50 mph my uterus is going to fly away!

Last edited:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anyone can faint from a panic attack/hyperventilation, it's not a woman thing.
There are some ladies on YT that dress in historical garnment replicas in their everyday life and they say corsets are not that bad/restrictive (not talking about the super thin waist ones which push your organs around).

Last edited:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Playing along a bit more:

The question in the title is kinda silly innit?
I mean if you are passed out, how are you going to use your "lady reviver" on yourself?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Playing along a bit more:

The question in the title is kinda silly innit?
I mean if you are passed out, how are you going to use your "lady reviver" on yourself?

From the OP above, "Police constables of the era were equipped with small vials of smelling salts to assist afflicted women in the streets."

This thread is not serious.
It's humor - of course.
It's poking fun of the misogyny of the past, and celebrating that it IS past.

I'm not saying women don't still have it bad.
But it ain't nuttin like it used to be.
I'm celebrating progress towards equality, and hoping to contribute some sorely-needed levity to PS right now.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
From the OP above, "Police constables of the era were equipped with small vials of smelling salts to assist afflicted women in the streets."

This thread is not serious.
It's humor - of course.
It's poking fun of the misogyny of the past, and celebrating that it IS past.

I'm not saying women don't still have it bad.
But it ain't nuttin like it used to be.
I'm celebrating progress towards equality, and hoping to contribute some sorely-needed levity to PS right now.

Yes I've read that but felt like the title was a bit ...meh.

I agree, it's nothing like it used to be.

The 50's seem bad too, watched some videos about commercials made in the 50's, cringe all the way, hence my comment about "stupid little woman brain", it was so fresh in my memory couldn't shake it off. Otherwise I like to think I'm not easily offended.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know i always thought smelling salts would have smelt like bath salts :lol-2:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Fun starts around half way through the video:

and this:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG and LOL

I'M SO GLAD I NEVER HAVE TO DO THAT!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG and LOL

I'M SO GLAD I NEVER HAVE TO DO THAT!

At least this is not a video of bones popping and cracking during childbirth, yeah, that happens too.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Bones of the mom? :confused: o_O

Yup!

Hope this is allowed, if not please delete, I don't mind.

The human body is amazing, isn't it?

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, but I don't think I want to watch a video of someone's bones cracking.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, but I don't think I want to watch a video of someone's bones cracking.

I believe they are discussing a photo and explaining, TBH I've not gone through the whole video myself.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn't watch it.
I'm a wimp when it comes to watching anything medical.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I believe they are discussing a photo and explaining, TBH I've not gone through the whole video myself.

It was just a photo! Wasn't crude at all but quite amazing to see! Thanks for posting! I'm about to pop soon & had no clue that happens!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it about the bones that flex to allow the fetus to pass through an otherwise too-narrow opening?
I'm aware of that, but I'd feel queasy seeing it.

Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Is it about the bones that flex to allow the fetus to pass through an otherwise too-narrow opening?

Yes, but it appears that less flexing is going on & more well...plain moving lol

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Not to worry Kenny, I'll fetch that lady reviver at once! :lol::lol::lol:
(I'm joking, please don't get offended)

Last edited:

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It was just a photo! Wasn't crude at all but quite amazing to see! Thanks for posting! I'm about to pop soon & had no clue that happens!

Awww bless you, have an easy childbirth!

I had no clue either, until recently.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Awww bless you, have an easy childbirth!

I had no clue either, until recently.

Thank you! We are thrilled & couldn't be any happier. I'm praying all goes well! For medical reasons we are having a cesarean section, which in itself can be quite brutal but luckily there will be no coccyx moving for me! Well none from birth that are in addition to all of the parts that move to accommodate baby in pregnancy! Better not share those details or all the men here will need some smelling salts!

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! We are thrilled & couldn't be any happier. I'm praying all goes well! For medical reasons we are having a cesarean section, which in itself can be quite brutal but luckily there will be no coccyx moving for me! Well none from birth that are in addition to all of the parts that move to accommodate baby in pregnancy! Better not share those details or all the men here will need some smelling salts!
If I'll have kids I'll go for cesarean section too.

It's either that or having to repair stuff later when you realise that you %^$$ yourself with every sneeze. Sorry everyone for the mental imagery.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sorry, but for obvious reasons I'm no expert on human reproduction.
But I was under the impression that the "moving coccyx" part takes place 9 months prior to the birth. No?

y.png

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
If I'll have kids I'll go for cesarean section too.

It's either that or having to repair stuff later when you realise that you %^$$ yourself with every sneeze. Sorry everyone for the mental imagery.

I totally respect any woman's right to choose what kind of birth she wants. Either comes with benefits & risks galore! Both are sacrificial in nature, epic, & you get your bundle of joy in the end!

With "natural" birth (I'm calling it that for PSs' sake so we don't get any nasty solicitations lol) it seems as though experiences range from total destruction of ones body & regret of not choosing a cesarean all the way to near pleasure from the experience & the trauma having caused somewhat of a tightening-tuneup. (That is unless my gf is lying to me! Lol)

And everything in between! We're all so varied!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, but for obvious reasons I'm no expert on human reproduction.
But I was under the impression that the "moving coccyx" part takes place 9 months prior to the birth. No?

y.png

Pregnancy also doesn't have the most amazing effect on my mental faculties so I certainly could have misspoke! The video she provided goes into depth about which bones move in labor, you're welcome to view it if you want the specific bones.

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Pregnancy also doesn't have the most amazing effect on my mental faculties so I certainly could have misspoke! The video she provided goes into depth about which bones move in labor, you're welcome to view it if you want the specific bones.

Engaging [male brain mode]
Oh he had specific bones in his mind allright :lol-2::lol-2::lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results