shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey diamondseeker2006, I have some pics for you...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 1:03:44 AM
Author: Love in Bloom
Date: 10/29/2007 12:19:17 AM

Author: angeline

LiB, you are a champ! Thanks for the wonderful pics I never took.
6.gif
So you are a married woman now, congratulations! I am so pleased you got to see VC central, quite an experience.

Your pics are wonderful, you know I still haven''t decided on my setting, I only just finally finalised my stone. I just wish VC had some settings that were thicker than the bangle bands, thinner than the pierced bands.

sighhhhh... those pics have me dreamin'' again....

a

If you know what width you are looking for, you could probably ask if there is already one available in VC''s library designs (that for some reason are never shown to the public), or maybe you could go VC custom. I remember VC admitting that they actually like designing modern/contemporary designs even more so than the antique-y ones, but they do not do as many modern designs because the designs are too easily (and hastily) reproduced by casting. VC''s secretary had on a VC ring that was domed, smooth two-tone metal with a bezel-set diamond. It was so simple yet unique, and probably designed just for her. It would probably end up costing more than a ring made from wax casting, but if you really like their designs and durability, it couldn''t hurt to ask...

So congrats on finalising your stone Angeline! I think you deserve an honorary doctorate in diamond education! Perhaps when you close your eyes, you see your perfect diamond...and I hope that when you open your eyes, that diamond will be in the palm of your hand! Here''s to dreams come true
2.gif

what what???!!! secret library of designs??? did you see them? what are they? sounds wonderful! I don''t really want to go VC custom, I think it would be tooo much. I just went back and saw that your ring is about 3mm in width? I would love something about 2.2-2.5. But who knows, I could change that all again.

I do know a lot now about diamonds, and I enjoy the hunt! I have ended up with a 2.00 E VS2, so I think I will stop there as budget is definitely running out! I owuldn''t call it my perfect diamond but it is perfect enough for me.

I love your desgn if only I could get it a leeeetle thinner and I love this design. You don''t know how wide this one is do you?

vancraeynest2912_large.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 1:15:20 AM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
What great pictures! That must have been an awesome visit.

LIBsVCvisit0012.jpg

The ring on the left.....WOW! How pretty!
Yup LadyAmythyst, that one is a sparkler! I asked about it and it can be made with even larger stones all the way around
30.gif
10.gif
30.gif
!

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 1:17:47 AM
Date: 10/29/2007 12:54:36 AM

Wowzers 7 hours!!!That''s what I would have loved to do if I didn''t have the 2 year old grabbing his tweezers which he then really nicely said he has had hand-made by I don''t know, artisans in the Andes or something.

I was just coming back here to go through your original VC wedding set thread again. I am SO hopeless in making a decision. I want one of each.

When did you get married? Sorry if this is a thread-jack, I''m sure all the details are elsewhere maybe you can point me to them?

a

Haha that is so funny how you typed that...I must admit, I did mention that I ''met'' you online through the PS forums, and idea that seem very foreign to him (I think he is actually afraid his computer will bite him...). He said you were stunning and that your daughter was absolutely adorable, so I don''t think he remembers you as ''the lady whose daughter almost dropped my hand-crafted tweezers.''
3.gif

Sorry...I haven''t really posted much about the nuptuals. It was indeed the best day of my life thus far, but I am soooooooo glad the planning is over!

LIB to SIM

10.gif

Oh, I missed this post. Congrats again, I am glad you said it was the best day of your life thus far, that is exactly how I felt about my wedding day. Seeing my daughter being born has probably taken that place but in a different spot if you know what I mean.

That''s so funny about the computer and Larry. I had that feeling, when I tried to explain how I knew these other people that had VC pieces or wanted them.

Oh dear I''m getting that ''I want a VC ring'' feeling again!

a

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 1:20:48 AM

what what???!!! secret library of designs??? did you see them? what are they? sounds wonderful! I don''t really want to go VC custom, I think it would be tooo much. I just went back and saw that your ring is about 3mm in width? I would love something about 2.2-2.5. But who knows, I could change that all again.

I do know a lot now about diamonds, and I enjoy the hunt! I have ended up with a 2.00 E VS2, so I think I will stop there as budget is definitely running out! I owuldn''t call it my perfect diamond but it is perfect enough for me.

I love your desgn if only I could get it a leeeetle thinner and I love this design. You don''t know how wide this one is do you?

Well, I don''t think the other designs are purposely kept secret, but there were sooooo many dies and, most if not all of them were ones I had never seen, even from the most complete collection of stock pics at Micky Roof.

I haven''t a clue of the width of the ring you posted and I am even more clueless if 456/556 can be made narrower. I think those would be a good questions for VC himself.

Ooooh, I think your 2ct E VS2 sounds lovely, although I would love to own any of the stones you traded in as well ! Ya know, mentioning your PS name could actually be a good re-selling point for those stones
10.gif

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Aww thanks LiB. You know, I think I am going to have to have another field trip to VC. As I now know he doesn''t mind if us jewelry nuts want to hang around a bit, I might take a solo trip up when my dh comes back from his current work trip away. He will owe me one at that point
2.gif

I think your ring looks perfect at that width. I would have to see it in real life again, the biiig pics online make everything look huge. 3mm isn''t that big really!!!

Yawwwnnnn, it must be late where you are! Are you a night owl? I better get to bed or I''ll regret it when the little one wakes up at 6am!

a

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
So cool!!!

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/28/2007 11:42:45 PM
I couldn''t resist. A girl can dream, can''t she?
30.gif
30.gif
SWOOOON....
And the filigree rings w/diamonds...I think Cross Jewelers features both of those styles...

Oh, Sarah, you lucky, lucky woman! Congratulations on your wedding by the way! Are you thinking of posting details or pics in BIW? No pressure if you aren''t, but I''d love to hear about it.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh Selkie, I am the WORST bride ever!! I would love to share and be gracious about the whole day, but I''m just not there yet
32.gif
, haha. In spite of the fact that my day was the happiest day of my life so far, I also found the whole wedding thing to be a very bittersweet experience. Perhaps when I get my pro pics in three weeks I''ll have a better perspective on how the day went and I''ll be sure to share
1.gif

Hey Skippy, do you think Diamondseeker missed this thread?
33.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2007 5:52:12 PM
Oh Selkie, I am the WORST bride ever!! I would love to share and be gracious about the whole day, but I'm just not there yet
32.gif
, haha. In spite of the fact that my day was the happiest day of my life so far, I also found the whole wedding thing to be a very bittersweet experience. Perhaps when I get my pro pics in three weeks I'll have a better perspective on how the day went and I'll be sure to share
1.gif

Hey Skippy, do you think Diamondseeker missed this thread?
33.gif
good thinking posting in her Who's who. Crossing my fingers she sees it. What a fun trip and very sweet!!!! Bummpy's
9.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE IN BLOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
35.gif

WHERE HAVE I BEEN???!!!!!!!!!

(Well, I was out of town over the weekend and I was busy last night and only got on for a little while. Must not have looked at Show Me the Ring very closely...obviously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wow! Congratulations on your marriage! I can understand the bittersweet aspect. Lots of stress leading up to the happy moment, I''m sure! But I am thankful that you are glad you didn''t elope!

I am terribly envious of you spending the day at VC!!!! What a wonderful experience! Really, that jewelry is just far above the norm! That cross design is just gorgeous! I''d order it immediately except for one major question....what is the size? I really only like small ones. But I can''t imagine one more beautiful than that. If only it would be small enough...any idea of the length?

Like Angeline, I''ve done nothing about resetting my rings. But the VC is still at the top of my list. I just have to make sure what I want for my final diamond, also like Angeline! That is so funny about explaining to him how you "know" us!!! I communicate by computer 99% of the time, and having to call him was difficult for me, because I''d rather just ask a question by email and get an answer that way. I wasn''t sure what I wanted and I didn''t want to feel like I was wasting his time and then not buy something. But maybe I will eventually!

Thanks so much for remembering my request! That design is more beautiful than I could have imagined. I am just afraid it might be too big!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Skippy, thanks for that bump! It helped me see it!

Angeline, the rings I love come in two widths...one is about 3mm and the others are probably about 2.5mm. That''s just a guess, but you really need to ask because they might have what you want.

angeline

Ideal_Rock
Funny thing, tonight my neighbour mentioned that about 5 years ago she saw this design in a shop in Tiburon... made the old way... with dies... and I just leapt in and told her the whole deal. She didn''t even know who the designer was, just that she had dreamed of that ring for the last 5 years. I showed her the website and my saved VC pics (with her exact dream ring), and then showed her this thread with the wonderful pics. She was almost in tears. I told her we have to take a field trip there.

It was kinda cool. As soon as she said Tiburon, I said ''Old Gold? - die-struck, is this the ring????'' Ah, the endless hours on PS pay off sometimes. She was so happy.
9.gif

ds - I''m glad I''m not the only one still deliberating over settings. I swear I just don''t want the hunt to end. No really I do. I Just want to swoon at the sight of a ring. Oh and now the one i have most recently thought I love... is the same ring my neighbour (and good friend) has been dreaming of for 5 years. We can''t get the same ring can we? She has only just worked her dh around to agreeing to change her e-ring setting.

a

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Angeline, with the hundreds of potential rings VC could make, I would hope that maybe you both wouldn''t choose the same one! However, unless you are with this neighbor a lot (as in have the same circle of friends), I really don''t think it would matter if you did have the same one. I have to say, the VC rings were the only ones where I thought to myself, "these are the most beautiful rings I have ever seen." I haven''t felt that way with any others. My problem is that I''d like to see them a couple more times before shelling out that amount of money! And that is not very easy to do!

I hope Love in Bloom comes back, too!

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/30/2007 9:27:27 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
LOVE IN BLOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
35.gif

WHERE HAVE I BEEN???!!!!!!!!!

(Well, I was out of town over the weekend and I was busy last night and only got on for a little while. Must not have looked at Show Me the Ring very closely...obviously!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wow! Congratulations on your marriage! I can understand the bittersweet aspect. Lots of stress leading up to the happy moment, I''m sure! But I am thankful that you are glad you didn''t elope!

I am terribly envious of you spending the day at VC!!!! What a wonderful experience! Really, that jewelry is just far above the norm! That cross design is just gorgeous! I''d order it immediately except for one major question....what is the size? I really only like small ones. But I can''t imagine one more beautiful than that. If only it would be small enough...any idea of the length?

Like Angeline, I''ve done nothing about resetting my rings. But the VC is still at the top of my list. I just have to make sure what I want for my final diamond, also like Angeline! That is so funny about explaining to him how you ''know'' us!!! I communicate by computer 99% of the time, and having to call him was difficult for me, because I''d rather just ask a question by email and get an answer that way. I wasn''t sure what I wanted and I didn''t want to feel like I was wasting his time and then not buy something. But maybe I will eventually!

Thanks so much for remembering my request! That design is more beautiful than I could have imagined. I am just afraid it might be too big!
Drats DS! That is a good question. I never actually measured it
39.gif
. I remember it was a bit on the chunky side and thinking it was perfect for a rosary. I do know that the whole stamping could fit well within the palm of my hand. That is where VC placed it, bringing me back from la la land
3.gif
. Sorry I couldn''t be more help than that, and I am with you on liking smaller crosses / smaller neck adornments, in general.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Love, I love the sapphire ring!!! That is gorgeous
36.gif
Seeing you post reminded me of this thread so I had to take another peek. heehee

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
ITA Skippy! Out of the question this year but perhaps someday...
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results