shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey Cellentani . . .

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
. . . I think I spied a certain new Dan stone in the "In Color" albums on the side?? I''m envious -- I was third in line for that beauty! But I''m glad it was another PSer who got it . . . Looking forward to many detailed pics!

(Sorry, I would have PMed you if only we were able.)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Hey fiery - wow you''re very astute! Yes that''s the Dan Stair garnet. It''s so different from everything else I have, but I really like it. Funny thing is, I haven''t been posting much, but your threads on your 2 spess garnets really made me take notice of that stone. In fact, I''d saved some of your pics on my computer, just so I could compare them all. I love the direction you''re going with the emerald spess - that''s going to look very elegant, and the elongated shape just looked so flattering on your hand. Like you, this will probably be my last stone for the year - I need to get some of these stones set, lol.

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 8:52:00 AM
Author: cellentani
Hey fiery - wow you''re very astute! Yes that''s the Dan Stair garnet. It''s so different from everything else I have, but I really like it. Funny thing is, I haven''t been posting much, but your threads on your 2 spess garnets really made me take notice of that stone. In fact, I''d saved some of your pics on my computer, just so I could compare them all. I love the direction you''re going with the emerald spess - that''s going to look very elegant, and the elongated shape just looked so flattering on your hand. Like you, this will probably be my last stone for the year - I need to get some of these stones set, lol.

You are very kind to say those nice things about the emerald spess, Cellentani.
1.gif

It''s funny -- I went into an utter tailspin when I saw yours -- I''d been refreshing since the rough came up and it never occurred to me to go ahead and email him before the finished product showed up. I was scheming about sending that emerald back in part of exchange, should I be first in line, etc. Dan thinks at this point that I am a CRAZY woman. And the hubs . . .witnessed a true whirling dervish. LOL. Ahhhh!

That''s when you know . . . it''s time to step. away. from. the. gemstones.

(But let me know if for whatever reason it doesn''t work out between you two.
3.gif
I will snap that up in a heartbeat!)

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Thanks fiery - I''m still noodling over how to set this one. How are you going to set your mini spess asscher? Although, it''s over 6mm, right? Not really mini, hehe. I''ve got some more pics of my stone - maybe I''ll just throw them in here instead of making a new thread. Did you find it tough to get accurate photos of your garnets?

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/19/2009 11:19:08 AM
Author: cellentani
Thanks fiery - I''m still noodling over how to set this one. How are you going to set your mini spess asscher? Although, it''s over 6mm, right? Not really mini, hehe. I''ve got some more pics of my stone - maybe I''ll just throw them in here instead of making a new thread. Did you find it tough to get accurate photos of your garnets?

Oh my word, it is difficult to get an accurate photo of these garnets, YES. It seems like each and every pic I take I end up seeing on my monitor and thinking . . . wow, that was totally NOT what I just photographed. I can''t win. Shots I''m sure will come out dead and dark somehow are brilliantly red and show nearly the whole stone. Shots that seem perfect come out . . . dead and dark. And there''s just NO way to ever catch the sparks that shoot out of it . . . although I''m still trying. I don''t have the lightbox setup like (I think?) you do, I am left to the whims of my point and shoot.

It is pretty teeeeny for me, Dan''s listing says 6.28 and that''s pretty close to my e-ring asscher -- diamonds are one thing, but with the colored gems you know I like to go all out! I don''t think it helped that it arrived at about the same time that a 16x12 whopper arrived from Peter. Ha! I look down into my gem case and it just looks so tiny . . . but then on the finger it seems to grow a little, so it''s not horrible.

But as to what to do with it. Wavering. First I thought a very tiny delicate halo of pinpoint diamonds, so as not to overwhelm. Then I thought one of these Legacy halos, but wonder if that would totally overwhelm. Also, I''m scared of ordering a LOGR. Plus, they''re not really made for an asscher, yet I keep looking at the Spess Legacy on the Tiffany site and thinking . . . mine could totally be better than that. But, I''m working on gems and jewelry with my own allowance, and so doing a custom setting for this, when I''ve already got another lined up (but only in the most rudimentary stage) . . . isn''t going to happen just yet. SO, perhaps instead I should say . . . I cannot decide whether or not to set it in a cheap four prong knife edge solitaire for the meantime, so that I can enjoy it by wearing . . . or if I should not risk damage to it and wait impatiently for my lottery ticket to be a winner.
31.gif

Sorry for the novel. I get carried away . . .

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
I could use some lottery winnings too, fiery, lol. I agree that these stones are tough to photograph, and mine really change from mostly red to very orange depending on the light. I just have a simple point and shoot too, and I''ve been putting it through it''s paces lately, trying to adjust the white balance, etc. Here''s one I took today:

528 spess-1.JPG

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
Siiiiigh. *drool*
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results