shape
carat
color
clarity

Hey all you Ladies out there: Educate me on something!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DUTCHSWAN0311

Rough_Rock
Ladies...educate me:

My wife''s current *uhem "diamond" was put into a wedding set that fit together (the engagement ring and "wedding band") to look like one ring. With the new ring I will be giving her for our 10th anniversary (see link below), is it copasetic to just give her the new "engagement ring" and forget the wedding band portion? I always thought the wedding band that gets attached to the engagement ring looks ugly and takes away from the beauty of an otherwise flawlessly simple setup.

What do you think? (The new setup can be seen at the forum link below.)

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/look-at-what-i-just-bought-any-thoughts.78062/

vslover

Shiny_Rock
I personally like the look of two rings together...I think it looks more "married." When I see an engagement ring only, I assume someone's waiting to get married.
26.gif

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would definitely want to receive a wedding band too. Since you''re having a classic six prong Tiffany type setting made for her new stone, why not consider another classic? Something like a beautiful seven or nine stone shared prong wedding band? A PSer just got one recently from Whiteflash. Maybe she''ll read this an post some details for you
2.gif
. It doesn''t have to be a huge carat weight to be beautiful. The stones can be .05 or .07 pts each and not break your bank account.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
If you''re saying that the original wband is curved so it sits flush against the old ering, then it probably wont fit with the new ering. I would think you''d want your wife to have a wedding band so it looks like she''s married, yes? Why not let her choose her new wband after you present her with the new ering? She might prefer a simple plain band, or perhaps a diamond eternity (or half/quarter) eternity band...Really depends on her tastes but it sounds like the old wband wont look quite right with the new ring.

Kudos for doing this for her...You done good!

cara

Ideal_Rock
The right answer is whatever your wife prefers!

Some married women wear only one ring, some are sentimental and will keep their original wedding band as the "engagement" ring is upgraded, even if they don't match, and others will get a new wedding band to compliment the new "engagement" ring and to look "married" by wearing a band AND a ring with a rock.

(As if she is young-looking, wearing a nice solitaire such as her upgrade ring, some people might assume she is only engaged and not married. She may not care about these assumptions but there it is.)

TaraLeigh

Rough_Rock
I love the look of two rings together as well... although I definitely prefer ones that don''t "fit" together and could be worn on their own.

I think it would be just fine to give her the engagement ring and then let her figure out what kind of band she would like or if she would like one at all.

Congrats on your purchase!
1.gif
I received my 20 year "upgrade" last year and it is soooo special to me - I am sure she will lOVE it!

DUTCHSWAN0311

Rough_Rock
Yea, I definitely cannot use the old wedding "band"... the old engagement ring side curves around to meet the wedding band, which also curves around...making it look like one solid ring. It is actually a nice setup...if it didn''t have a tiny 0.30ct dull diamond in it.

I like the idea of leaving it up to her, and if she wants a new band, she can pick it out. With the simple Tiffany setting, just about any band will go with it!

Just when you think you are done spending...ugh.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Yeah, I''d definitely leave that up to her. She''s going to swoon over the new ring, and it might be fun for her to wear it alone for awhile! Then, she can add as many bands as she wants(over time)and mix and match. I happen to have a wedding band "habit"--I have 12
31.gif
--Can never make up my mind!

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/5/2008 6:31:46 PM
Author: DUTCHSWAN0311
I like the idea of leaving it up to her, and if she wants a new band, she can pick it out. With the simple Tiffany setting, just about any band will go with it!

Just when you think you are done spending...ugh.
That seems like it would be very cool and she'd be so excited with the new ering, and then hearing that she can pick out a new wband? That's just the cherry on a very tasty sundae! Trust me, you can work this to your advantage for weeks...months even...
31.gif

As for being done spending on rings? Yup. It's a lot like guy's and tools, tires, etc. I cant understand why he needs $700 worth of tires when mine cost $400! I just let it go. He likes his tools and anything that comes with a "charger"...We're different beings, men and women. The fact that you got her this lovely ring and will let her select her wband is just awesome. You're such an "evolved" dude!

ETA: If there was a Dude-of-the-Month, I'd nominate you...

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I did reply in the other thread, but I will here as well...I do prefer two rings for the simple fact that it looks more married to me. While I think that your ring would look wonderful with a diamond band, a plain band is also beautiful if you want to keep it simple with the e-ring diamond being the star of the show. I agree that it is a great idea to let your wife pick it out herself, that way she will get exactly what she wants!

DUTCHSWAN0311

Rough_Rock
Yea...sorry about the repost...I thought this was kind of a new topic, and wanted to get as much input as possible.

Well, if the Senate will get off their hind ends and pass their "stimulus package", I should be able to further stimulate the diamond economy with my $1,500 cold hard cash right around the middle of May...right before the anniversary.

ChaChing!

P.S. I am the accountant of the house...trust me: she has some catching up to do ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results