shape
carat
color
clarity

Here''s the ring I want: I need ideas for how to dress it up

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

I need some creative input. The badly photshopped ring pictured below is a rough estimate of the anniversary ring I plan to have made with a center red spinel of about 7-7.5mm and two round diamond accents of 4.5-5mm.

Here is my dilemma:
I have obviosuly photoshopped the ring to have a reverse tapered shank. I really strongly prefer my ring profile to taper small from the top view so that the center stone is highlighted. But how am I going to add a ring guard without messing up this clean profile? I really want to add a ring guard on either side of the ring, but the thousands I have looked at all make the ring look bulky and too busy to me; I don't want the setting to overpower the stones and I strongly prefer bezel setting with the setting in palladium. Any suggestions how to work with my existing setting?

I'm going for an ecclectic style that blends a little old world with a clean modern appearance, possibly the shank in 18k yellow or rose gold with a carved infinity symbol and a few smaller invisibly set gemstones scattered on the band in spinel or diamond.

My goal is to know exactly what I want before I contact a jeweler so I can get several quotes. Is that the wrong apporach?

PS. those little yellow squiggley do's are just me figuring out where 18k gold accents MIGHT work, and I'm thinking rose gold or spinel is better on the shank hows about you?

gruntbuggly.jpg

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
I really like this band but it will definitely have the problem I mentioned above....does anyone know what is the thinnest I could possibly go with such a style? What is the smallest facetable stone size?

clip_image002[6].jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
You''re unlikely to find a scatter band so thin, but if you opt for a different kind, you might find something useful. Also, since you''re considering a band on each side, would you consider something like THIS, where they''re joined together and you just insert your e-ring in the middle? BTW, that "V" shape of the band would suit your ring very well as it would follow it''s outline. HERE is another that wouldn''t overpower the center ring IMO.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A scatter style (etoile) band is not narrow in width due to needing space to get that scatter effect, even if you use very small melees. I have something similar in diamonds and I believe the band is about 4 mm across. An option is to use a single line scatter style, where each melee is equidistant from each other but all in a row, instead of being scattered in an up and down fashion as shown in your picture.

mufiin_top

Shiny_Rock
hi chrono, I found this band and was wondering if I could replicate it in ruby or spinel. How small of a band do you think I could do that with? I realize this isn't gypsy set, but couldn't it be or no?

scattered2.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, I recognize that as the “lace” design which is so feminine and delicate.
30.gif
I don’t know where you’ll be able to source coloured melee that small, especially if you want colour that is rich. Typically, the smaller the stone, the less saturated (or eye popping) it becomes. This design will also end up being labour intensive as these are micropave melee sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results