shape
carat
color
clarity

Here she is!!! I don''t know what to say.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! Stats please!

rms

Brilliant_Rock
unbelievable!!!! Absolutely spectacular

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
We need to have a "fainting" smiley! Incredible! MM does such gorgeous work - I would love to have a ring by him someday!

30.gif

That''s the best I can come up with! Congratulations!

Bev

Shiny_Rock
Oh my gosh, it is beautiful!!!! You did a GREAT job. That first picture made the diamond look like it was a cushion cut. I actually like how the prongs make the stone look square sometimes.

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
My Favorite, " HOLY BLING BATEMAN!!" That is stunning.
6.gif
6.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sure it isimpressive! Use it in good health.

I had to go over the past threads and tace the comming of age of your ring for myself.Some others asked for 'the specs'. So here are some. I wish Mark would be posting here sometimes
2.gif

Specs... specs...

'Countingdown citing Mark':
1. First he said he has over 100 hours of time into the ring. (rare in 35 years of records!)
2. Its the most stones he has ever set in one ring with the total being 184.
3. He likes the most about is that it looks so delicate (while being) a monster with the center stone be almost 4 carats..
4. He said he cannot see from looking at the microscope til 530am this morning. LOL He was joking

The CAD looked a bit surreal... thinnish and high:

Duane%20QUARTERSHANK-1.jpg

Bust the cast no longer so already!

Duane%20cast-002a.jpg

And the ring, well, we know
9.gif

ohmy1.jpg

RocDoc helped with the choice of the stone - just expert consideration and no hi tech cut grading machinery involved.. It won againt a 3 carat J-SI1 ACA contender (which also sold in the menatime, here it is). Side by side for the judges, the winning stone is on the right in the picture:

six.jpg

By stats and numbers numbers it is:
I-SI1, 3.70 cts
Depth 61.9
Table 56.00
Polish Ex
Symmetry Ex
Cutlet Small
Strong Fluorescence

The other technicals came from the appraisal: "AGS 2 because of the pavilion angle which is 41.7, in addition AGS would grade it very good straight across the board. There is defiantly hearts and arrows although not as much as some of these super ideal cuts." The looks made it the winner... saying allot about how important it is to see these stones !

This ring already has a journal of its own !
2.gif
I'd bet you could propose over cold Starbucks cofee after working late into the night (if long hours ever happen to you guys) and it would be perfect.

Congratulations
9.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
I noticed the common reaction has rendered most of us close to speechless. It is an absolute masterpiece. Mark Morrell is indeed a master.

And the stone ain''t bad either.
31.gif

Congratulations! Is there a full story posted anywhere?

Maxine

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, what a fantastic creation!!!!! Can''t wait to see hand pics......

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

36.gif

jadeleaves

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve been away but I just had to check in and tell you - The pictures of your stunning ring literally left me breathless
28.gif

One can tell that a lot of care has gone into the design and construction of this ring. Amazing work by a master in the trade!

Like others - one day I hope to have a Mark Morrell or Leon Mege piece!
9.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is truly a work of art! I can''t wait to see what it looks like on her hand. Congrats on a job well done - you obviously put alot of time and thought into selecting the stone and designing the setting. Your hard work really paid off!

countingdown

Shiny_Rock
Thanks again for all the nice compliments. I cannot wait to see it in person. Is it common that some woman do not want to wear a band? Also special thanks for Valeria for giving a great summary of the process.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think we have run out of adjectives to describe this amazing ring. It is truly breathtaking and I am sure your fiance-to-be will be simply blown away by this beauty! There are some women who would prefer to wear their engagement ring alone especially when it is such an intricate design, but you would want to find out her preference. Some women wear their engagement ring on one hand and the wedding ring on the other. I''m sure you could get a band made to be worn with the ring if that is what she wants.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
that was a good summary! well done ana
36.gif

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Geez Ana- what an awesome summary.

Nice Work.
9.gif

noobie

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t know what to say as well!
23.gif
Except maybe you should advise some celebs on their rings. Definitely prefer yours to many celeb rings I''ve seen.

appletini

Ideal_Rock
WOW! That is the most amazing MM ring I have ever seen. She''s going to love it.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
It''s nice to know that it''s ready.....

I''ll get to be the first person besides Mark to see it.

Mark''s work is spectacular.... CD need a little convincing but given the raves on this thread, I feel he''ll be just overjoyed with the ring, and the pet rock, all made in an incredible item that the word masterpiece ends up being an understatement.

For those of you who have seen one of Mark''s items in person, everything about his creations is so different from even the most highly reputed designers.

There is a polish of the metal that is finished to utter perfection. The feel of the item, the weight and stuctiure is just amazing. Just everything about his work is beyond flattering enough words to describe it.

For me, authoriing the description to the level deserving of such a creation will be a challenge. When it arrives, I will do some microscope cam views of just how intricately incredible the detail is done.

Hopefully, Belle will vounteer post them for me - as I usually have problems posting photos here. Just photographing this ring attempting to get the level and quality of image it deserves in itself will no doubt will be difficult to say the least.

When I spoke to CD last week, I told him that once he presents it, he should go to Tiffany and Cartier here, and he''ll instantly see, that this ring will at least equal if not surpass the items they sell.

CD''s lady wil be more than just enthralled.

I have the best job in the world, getting to play with all these magnificent creations and assist the new Pet Rock''s Parents
in turning a spectacular pet rock into an even more spectacular finished work of incomparable art.

Rockdoc

flower12

Brilliant_Rock
wow!!!
30.gif
30.gif

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
this is ART!!! beautiful
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
oh my god! i dunno how i missed this thread and just saw it today..my heart....im feeling faint....can''t breath...my eyes are seeing double! my goodness that is one magnificient ring!!
23.gif
23.gif
23.gif

please do post pictures when u get the ring...

again

wow
wow
wow!

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
We need smiley for ''Mwaah!'' (kissing the fingertips with a flourish movement). It''s absolutely delicious & exquisite! Perfection!
18.gif
30.gif
36.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
(in awe)...... wow... wow... wow...

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2005 1:38:05 AM
Author: RockDoc

It''s nice to know that it''s ready.....

I''ll get to be the first person besides Mark to see it.

Mark''s work is spectacular.... CD need a little convincing but given the raves on this thread, I feel he''ll be just overjoyed with the ring, and the pet rock, all made in an incredible item that the word masterpiece ends up being an understatement.

For those of you who have seen one of Mark''s items in person, everything about his creations is so different from even the most highly reputed designers.

There is a polish of the metal that is finished to utter perfection. The feel of the item, the weight and stuctiure is just amazing. Just everything about his work is beyond flattering enough words to describe it.

For me, authoriing the description to the level deserving of such a creation will be a challenge. When it arrives, I will do some microscope cam views of just how intricately incredible the detail is done.

Hopefully, Belle will vounteer post them for me - as I usually have problems posting photos here. Just photographing this ring attempting to get the level and quality of image it deserves in itself will no doubt will be difficult to say the least.

When I spoke to CD last week, I told him that once he presents it, he should go to Tiffany and Cartier here, and he''ll instantly see, that this ring will at least equal if not surpass the items they sell.

CD''s lady wil be more than just enthralled.

I have the best job in the world, getting to play with all these magnificent creations and assist the new Pet Rock''s Parents
in turning a spectacular pet rock into an even more spectacular finished work of incomparable art.

Rockdoc
You do have the best job!

I love what you wrote RD

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2005 1:38:05 AM
Author: RockDoc

you know i will, rockdoc
2.gif
just send them when you''re ready.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THUD!!!!

There are no words!!!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
A masterpiece. Truly magnificent, regal, divine....
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
36.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock
WOW. Thats pretty incredible!

If you guys decide to have a matching band made by MM, don''t forget to post the set here...OR ELSE!

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
CD: That is a jaw-droppingly gorgeous ring.
6.gif
Mark did an absolutely spectacular job creating that piece. I love everything about it. Congratulations!!!!

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
18.gif
18.gif
WHOA!!! WHOA!!! WHOA!!! THAT IS ABSOLUTELY EXQUISITE!! YOU ARE GARUNTEED A ''YES'' WITH THAT BEAUT! YOU MUST POST HAND PICS!! GORGEOUS SETTING AND THE STONE IS ALMOST 4 CARATS??
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results