shape
carat
color
clarity

Here it is, my set is complete New and Final band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Well..I spontaneously purchased a different looking wedding band today, and decided to keep my solitaire set the way it is for now. I like how the two rings sit flush together, the same width, looks as though they were made for each other. It''s a bit different, more unique than a regular plain gold band. I think I finally realized that though the majority of members here prefer big rocks on thin, narrow bands, I prefer the look of thick, bolder looking pieces. My eye always catches a lot of gold on someone''s finger, no matter what size stone they are sporting. I think on my hand, the thinner bands, less gold, looks cheap...not as rich looking. So...here is about 8.5mm of gold, with the main focus being the ONE diamond!

New band.jpg

beau13

Ideal_Rock
One more pic, to show there is no overhang like the other diamond band had next to my solitaire. They do look like a pefect fit, in my opinion!!

Perfect fit.jpg

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
YEY Beau! I''m happy to see you happy after all the drama with the last 11 stoner.

36.gif
It''s beautiful and a natural fit together, I agree!!

The most important thing is that when you look at your hand, you LURVE it!

Its beautiful!
36.gif
I''m happy you''re more at peace with your decision.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Mela Lu. Yes, the 11 diamond band is beautiful, just not with MY ring , so I do love this combination more! Hope you got my reply to your message.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks great!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Evelynn

Shiny_Rock
They look wonderful together!

1.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! That looks great. Is it one ring? It''s a perfect match.
36.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. No Lyra, two rings, the band was spotted today! A jeweler brought in a few diamond bands for me to try with my ring, and I didn''t like any of them, then spotted that band in the 50% off sale section. I don''t think he wanted me to walk out spending only a few hundred, hoping for a few thousand, but I honestly thought off all the bands I tried, it matched best. It looks good on it''s own, and has about a 3 mm height profile, so it''s a nice heavy looking, substantial piece!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you found something you''re happy with!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful together, love the band!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for helping Beau find her beautiful wedding set! Amen
17.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Rising sun...not as BLINGY as your set, but it serves it''s purpose. I do really like the two rings together. The 5 stone with 20 pointers would have been nice to see, but I guess it wasn''t meant to be.

SeattleSweetheart

Shiny_Rock
30.gif
Totally beautiful! I agree that the band looks like it was made to go with your solitaire. Congratulations on your find.
36.gif

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
Great choice! They look good together.

mamalala

Rough_Rock
Beau, I really love your rings together. VERY nice choice! Congrats!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
This looks fantastic together. Congrats on such a nice find!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beau - Those rings do look really nice together. I''m glad you are keeping your solitaire. And that wedding band will look great on its own. Very nice combo. Isn''t the 50% off table great!!!
36.gif

I hope you keep the 11 stone as well to wear for fun!

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh, yay!! i''m glad you found something you love AND got a deal to boot! they look great together, enjoy!!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2007 8:39:56 PM
Author: beau13
Thanks Rising sun...not as BLINGY as your set, but it serves it''s purpose. I do really like the two rings together. The 5 stone with 20 pointers would have been nice to see, but I guess it wasn''t meant to be.
Bling shmling
3.gif
Everyone has to find the right fit for themselves. I''m so glad you''re keeping your beautiful e-ring. Now, I''ve been meaning to ask...how did your little dog end up with a heart on his side...so cute
1.gif

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
How exciting that you found something you are happy with! They are a really great match! In another post, I remember you mentioning that you'd like a gold band with diamond accents - that is exactly what this is! More pics of the band by itself would be great!

I have to agree with you about the gold. Pave and continuous rows of diamonds do seem to be all the rage here at PS. I also appreciate the look of a shiny gold band!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
The combination looks really good. I am glad you found something that works
1.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Hey risingsun, it's not my dog, not sure how the lil heart shape got on his back, but thought it was a cute pic! Time to go, updated my avatar, trying to get a ring pic in, but it's not letting me upload it. Maybe I have to resize it even smaller? I will figure it out ...eventually!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the look, that band looks really cool, glad you are happy
9.gif

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, I meant I thought the WB was 2 rings. I think it''s great. I love how you say "for now". LOL! I totally know what you mean. I''m trying to just be patient myself although I keep changing my mind constantly, and get bored with my plain temporary solitaire and bands. Oh well. Hey, I hope you have an excuse to keep the 11 stone ring. It''s really nice too.
30.gif

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
I love it! I''m so glad to hear you are happy with it!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
What an elegant look! Who makes the band? Have you already provided detail on the E-setting in another thread? I guess it''s true that when you see "the one" you just know it. Best wishes/

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Hi Butterbean, not sure who makes the band, it came in a ring box that says "Saffari", I know this store carries alot of bridal mounts, etc, from that line, so perhaps same company? I showed my husband this morning, he said "another band...my God!". I told him the 11 stone is being sold, to pay for this band. He said "are you sure you're happy now?" I said "YES", he likes this combination the best out of all the bands I have tried (or bought) to wear with the solitaire. I think my ring does get more attention now. I go to both my son's hockey games 4-5 times a week, and none of the hockey moms ever noticed my ring, until yesterday, when I had the new set on..suddenly it was like "Oh my God, let me see your ring!". I guess the bold gold look really does grab your eye! Then, they see the diamond and say "wow, that's a good size rock". Keep in mind, most people around here wear .50- 1.00 carat size diamonds MAX, so it does seem to stand out a little. The funniest thing is, after someone grabs your hand and looks over your ring, the first question out of their mouths is "what does your husband do"? I think that's kind of funny!! I know a gal who has a 3.2 carat round that her grandmother left her, and her husband always jokes saying "she's wearing my sportscar on her hand", and I always think "yes the diamond is worth about that much perhaps, but hell, YOU didn't have to pay for it" Lucky gal, that's a great family heirloom to pass down!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
"Are you sure you''re happy now?"

Beau, That''s what I heard recently when I exchanged my birthday gift - a pearl ring. The first one was pretty, but not comfortable to wear (I chose the setting from a book, but didn''t try it on first.) Glad I switched. And it DOES set the scene for my choosing my e-ring instead of him guessing. He knowingly said I would still accept the proposal, but a few days later he would hear: Honey would you mind terribly if I ....." We had a good laugh, but he knows that I am very fussy. The time, place and method of proposing is ALL him, but I feel this need to make sure I will love the ring, too. Maybe that means I have ''control issues.''
28.gif

I do have this question for you, and anyone else reading. Is it a good idea, or even possible to order a setting or two to try on before making a decision? That was one thing the B & M stores would allow.

Your rings are very pretty together and do look like they belong together. How long did it take you to find that perfect combo?

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I love the combo. I wouldn''t of thought those two rings would go together, but they really do!!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Hey Blingergirrrl, that''s why I initially wanted a plain gold cathedral mount, ANY band would look good with it. Just not the 11 stone diamond band I bought. lol. It will sit flush with any band, you could go plain gold or diamonds...it''s such a versatile setting, PLUS it''s nice to have one large diamond, not competing with any more diamonds. I''ve learned I prefer more gold, less sparkle, except for the main attraction! *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results