shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is the engagement ring - honest opinions pls: be gentle!

TerryF

Rough_Rock
OK,

Without further ado.............here is the ring.......the stats are:

center: .92 H Si1 excellent cut
sides: euro cut .70-.72 I I1 clarity (one have been in my family for years)

Please let me know your honest opinions..............I know the proportions suck and it looks like an anniversary band....but I really wanted to use the side stones. No going back now anyway..............thanks in advance for all your advice and opinions. This site is awesome and I will recommend it to everyone!

Ring990092938.jpg

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I honestly love it! I like the how the proportions make a gentle taper across the finger. It''s a different look than a three stone with much smaller sides, but I don''t think it looks like an anniversary band. All three diamonds look bright and beautiful. More pictures, please!

TerryF

Rough_Rock
Here are a couple more....thanks again for all the advice and help throughout the process to everyone!

Ring42398409.jpg

TerryF

Rough_Rock
another

ring9938383.jpg

Venice

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s beautiful as an e-ring! I like that you were able to add a family heirloom to your ring. Plus, you have some major finger coverage (and bling) there!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
It''s fabulous! Well done Terry. If it were going onto my finger I would be very happy and proud.

You did good!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it looks beautiful on your finger! Congratulations, it is a great ring!

chiquitapet

Ideal_Rock
Okay, you wanted honest opinion: I LOVE IT!! I really do! I think it''s gorgeous as an e-ring and doesn''t look at all like an anniversary ring.
30.gif
30.gif

kmcq

Rough_Rock
WOW!
30.gif
I Love it! It looks huge. I''m very sure she''s going to love it. You did a good job!

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
The setting is beautiful and the family stone is priceless. She will cherish it.

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
seriously?! DELICIOUS
18.gif

i really like the proportions and it''s an awesome ering!

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful!!!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! I love, love, LOVE the setting!!!
30.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi--I think it''s absolutely beautiful, honestly!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s beautiful.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly? It''s gorgeous and I love it!!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I much prefer those proportions to smaller sidestones, the ring as a whole has so much more presence IMHO. I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yup, looks wonderful! I think it will give great finger coverage and the whole ring looks blingy and awesome.

If we are being picky, I do notice in theside shot that the center diamond is set very high on the prongs and I would perhaps consider lowering it for practicality and esthetics, but that is a personal choice. Some like really high set diamonds, makes them lok bigger
2.gif

TerryF

Rough_Rock
Hi Dreamer,

Thanks to all for the kind words.........much appreciated, makes me feel better! Dreamer, to your point, thanks for noticing. I actually asked them to set it up higher.........again, because I am irratically concerned with it looking like a true "engagement" ring. Do you think it would be better taken down a notch?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 11:12:13 PM
Author: TerryF
Hi Dreamer,

Thanks to all for the kind words.........much appreciated, makes me feel better! Dreamer, to your point, thanks for noticing. I actually asked them to set it up higher.........again, because I am irratically concerned with it looking like a true ''engagement'' ring. Do you think it would be better taken down a notch?
I think that the ring is gorgeous and you should not worry one bit if it looks like an "engagement ring" or an "anniversary ring" or what have you! All people are going to notice is BIG and Sparkly when they look at it! So to me, the only thing to really think about is what looks the most esthetically pleasing, what is the most comfortble to wear, what suits the setting the best. If those things are thought of then I think lowering it would help
1.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s beautiful! Congratulations.

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it''s got major finger coverage!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
TerryF i confess i didnt read your post before looking at the pic - and i assumed ering for sure...

its gorgeous, congrats on your forthcoming engagement
30.gif
36.gif

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
You did a great job! It''s a beautiful ring.

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
Uh, yeah - I see nothing wrong with this ring at all! Do you not like it? In the pictures it looks quite nice. I can't see big inclusions - it looks very white and very nicely proportioned. If it's a family ring - you are very lucky!

It's a tad bit high for my personal taste - but some people love high settings, so perhaps you can let the wearer decide? You don't need height to "help" the look of the ring or the stones at all though, that is a fabulous 3 stone engagement ring!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Looks gorgeous!

beechezz

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE this ring, it is a stunner! I do believe that the center diamond should be lowered a bit, but that is JMO. Congratulations!
face23.gif

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful setting, and what a great idea to use an heirloom stone! Lovely!
36.gif

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY for swoopy prongs! I love it! I think an engagement ring can be anything you want it to be, and it''s a thoughtful gesture to use side stones that have been in your family. I think it''s a beautiful ring, and I''m sure your girlfriend will love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results