shape
carat
color
clarity

Herb Gardens (2006)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot find the thread about herb gardens from last year. I even did a search for "cilantro" to no avail! Last year Kamuelamom said that she, in Hawaii, had never been able to grown cilantro from seeds. I wanted to post (in that same thread) that not only did I successfully grow cilantro from seeds last year, but that at least one (and I think more) cilantro plant(s) sprang up by itself/themselves this spring! The chives sprang up in profusion with no help and so did the oregano. Only the basil appears not to have regenerated at all. I put in some cilantro seedlings and some cilantro and basil seeds. I apparently have to do nothing for the chives or oregano! (When it gets hotter I am sure they will need water.)

Deb
34.gif

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
AGBF--congrats on growing cilantro. I've bought in the tiny pot several times and it always dies for me. What kind of light/soil conditions etc. do you use? What zone are you?

What other herbs do you like best?

I'm a cottage gardner so my herbs are mixed with my flowers. I dont' have a true herb bed.

I like thymes--I use lots of them along the edges of my flowerbeds. My son picks out a new one each year...we have peppermint thyme, lemon thyme, coconut thyme etc....

I also plant sweet basil every year. The purple one looks great mixed in my flowers.

I also have chives, oregano, sage, borage and some mints (safely contained).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results