shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Izzi

Rough_Rock
Has anyone ever bought a GOOD cut diamond and did it sparkle??

I have been looking at different diamonds with my jeweler for awhile now and have asked some questions on here to see what everyone thinks and I found a diamond that I like.

F
I1 ( only a small feather that can be covered by a prong)
good cut

Right now this is all the info I have to give.
It does have quite a bit of sparkle and is eye clean except for the small feather that I mentioned.
I wa skinda wondering what would everyone think the price should be??
1.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
no where near enough information.
to begin with, what shape is it? who graded it?

Izzi

Rough_Rock
My jeweler is going to call me back this afternoon with more info.
This is all the info I have until then.
It really is a beautiful stone in person I was shocked to know the clarity grade.
It is round.
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome
35.gif

We will need the depth and table percentages, crown and pavillion angles ( or %'s - not as accurate but better than nothing) girdle thickness, whether the diamond has any fluorescence or not and the name of the lab that graded the diamond, GIA, EGL etc. Diamonds which are " good" cuts are generally cut for weight and not so much for the best performance, so when you compare these with an Ideal cut the difference is MAJOR. It might sparkle, but won't look as good as a better cut probably. Post the info above and we can go from there, but cut is SO important when buying a diamond, this is what makes it beautiful, also don't go by labels pinned on a diamond by a vendor such as Good, Premium, etc- they don't always mean much and certainly not the best indication of cut quality. But if you love this diamond and feel it is the right one for you then that is the main thing. Also a jeweller price is probably higher than what you would pay online.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
While it is true that we would need all of the information to tell you what the price should be if you were buying paper, the truth is that you are not buying paper. You are buying a diamond and this one makes your eyes happy. If this one makes your eyes happy and is within your budget you should feel free to buy it and enjoy it. If getting the best possible "steal deal" on the most perfectly cut diamond is what will make you happy, then you have a lot of work and research to do before you buy anything. These are of course questions that only you can answer...

Wink

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results