shape
carat
color
clarity

Help would be appreciated...thanks

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rxtasy74

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Looking for a brilliant round AGS 000 H+A. I do not want to spend more than 5K. Would it be better to get a .83, E, VS2 or for about the same price a .93, H, SI1 both having appropriate depth and table %s. I've learned alot trolling through these boards but overall I'm still confused yet educated on all the terms. I think i would like to make my purchase online but am wondering if a local shop can get these quality non-branded diamonds at these prices? As far as size is concerned i'd like the diamond to appear to be 1carat but save the $$$ by getting a smaller actual size that appears to be 1 carat. The .83 has a diameter of 6.15 so i'm thinking that most ppl cant tell the difference between that and a 6.3 or a 6.5 for that matter. I'm debating whether platinum is really worth the extra dough or if white gold will be suitable.

I dont want to sound like a cheap skate but my girlfriend and I are pretty practical ppl. We just dont see point in paying so much $$ for something that does not carry its value and is just marketed for sentimental purposes. We actually almost decided to get a CZ. Anyways, the point is that I'm looking to get the most for my money.

Sorry for the rambling post. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Rx,

I like this one, unless you''ve got that one; with either one you''re probably good to go.

rxtasy74

Rough_Rock
it is the .83, E, VS2 price 4400

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
don't know if you saw it, but size differences were recently discussed here. maybe that will help some
2.gif

eta: one more size link

i added that stone as an option because it was within budget. the bonus is that it is bigger.....you can decide if it will be visibly bigger.
2.gif

rxtasy74

Rough_Rock
thanks for the link....20% seems like an appropriate percentage before the eye can tell the difference

however, it seems they were calculating that percentage by weight instead of diameter

.83 vs 1.0 ct = 17% difference
6.14 vs 6.5 mm = 6 % difference

doesnt make more sense to calculate using the diameter not the weight?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey rx,
did you see my added link? i think there were a few more threads about size difference. you can use the search button to see if you can find any more.

since you are looking for an ags 000 ideal h&a, which all of these are, i would go with a bigger, lower color/clarity (assuming it''s eyeclean) combo, as it presents the best value (in my opinion).
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results