shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with vintage theme reception

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Idealistic

Shiny_Rock
My sister is getting married. She wants to have a vintage themed reception. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. If you can attach pictures with your ideas, that would be even better.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
what colors does she like?

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
ok i put together a little vintage canvas! i think she needs lots of silver candlesticks, decorate the tables with fresh greenery, pearl garland, and magnolias/peonies/hydranges/roses -whatever flowers she likes! i think should serve mint juleps. :2o8h065d]bridalcanvas[/url]

[URL='http://www.bridalcanvas.com/canvas/issue/4231/cb3b6e431f5a994b69c8bee2bf6ce38a']
'' target="_blank">bridalcanvas[/URL]

i also saw these cute save the dates that are printed on vintage napkins!

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
oh i would also decorate with fruit. that feels very vintage to me! place pears on the tables, and you could also use silver bowls of sugar plums! (i have already written another post about how i am obsessed with sugar plums for wedding decorations) sugar plums

Morgie44

Brilliant_Rock
Have you checked out this blog. She has some beautiful vintage themed weddings on there that might serve as good inspiration.

Idealistic

Shiny_Rock
Her colors are plum and gold.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I would first have her figure out which era/ feel she is wanting to create. Vintage usually refers to the 20''s, 30''s, and 40''s
( and even within that you will probably want to narrow it down). Eras before 1920 are sometimes refered to as antique and would include Victorian times. Post war eras are retro (1947-1965) and mod (1960-1970).

If she hasn''t already thought about which era she is wanting to use for inspiration it would probably be helpful to do so. If she has share that with us so we can give more specific advice.

cocolaw

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2009 1:48:45 PM
Author: tropiqalkiwi
I would first have her figure out which era/ feel she is wanting to create. Vintage usually refers to the 20''s, 30''s, and 40''s

( and even within that you will probably want to narrow it down). Eras before 1920 are sometimes refered to as antique and would include Victorian times. Post war eras are retro (1947-1965) and mod (1960-1970).

If she hasn''t already thought about which era she is wanting to use for inspiration it would probably be helpful to do so. If she has share that with us so we can give more specific advice.

oooooh good call!! i was totally picturing a victorian wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results