shape
carat
color
clarity

help with trapiche emerald

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Hi,

you want to collect or set the trapiche? Your choice is nice.

I like 1, 6, 10 and 15. One is perfect for a collector. The prize is o.k. !!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prima is a reputable dealer, but I just wanted to alert everyone that I recently saw an article on another forum (I can't post it here), that trapiches are being simulated like crazy. Buyer beware when looking for one.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Is it an online forum for gemologycal questions???

In many trapiche you see a weak cateye effect on each of the six spokes - I posted two a few weeks ago - both show it...

They cannot simulate this imo. It looks like a honey comb build of cateyes ( hope you understand what I mean.... :wall: )

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20397/lot/1242/

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The best deals on trapiche emeralds I have seen have come from New Era Gems.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
What does one look for in a trapiche emerald, quality wise? Other than the obvious colour, clarity and treatment. How should the inclusion look like ideally?

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
ephsea|1417381502|3792924 said:
http://www.starruby.in/store/trapiche-emeralds

My favorite place to look at emerald trapiche :love:

Did you buy one??? How accurate are the pics???

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marlow|1417361954|3792791 said:
Is it an online forum for gemologycal questions???

In many trapiche you see a weak cateye effect on each of the six spokes - I posted two a few weeks ago - both show it...

They cannot simulate this imo. It looks like a honey comb build of cateyes ( hope you understand what I mean.... :wall: )

http://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20397/lot/1242/

It's not GO, it's another gemological forum.

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
by Marlow » 30 Nov 2014 16:01

ephsea|1417381502|3792924 wrote:http://www.starruby.in/store/trapiche-emeralds

My favorite place to look at emerald trapiche

Marlow - I wish I knew! Like I said, my favorite place to look, have not bought yet. There seems to be a shortage of reviews of this vendor. A shame, many of his stones looks nice to me. My fiance will not let me buy her any more jewels, something about "remodeling kitchen"... :cry:

liao

Shiny_Rock
ephsea|1417389145|3792993 said:
by Marlow » 30 Nov 2014 16:01

ephsea|1417381502|3792924 wrote:http://www.starruby.in/store/trapiche-emeralds

My favorite place to look at emerald trapiche

Marlow - I wish I knew! Like I said, my favorite place to look, have not bought yet. There seems to be a shortage of reviews of this vendor. A shame, many of his stones looks nice to me. My fiance will not let me buy her any more jewels, something about "remodeling kitchen"... :cry:

then decorate the kitchen with trapiche emerald! I mean, what is more fascinating than trapiche emerald decorated kitchen cabinet! An even crazier idea, trapiche emerald decorated kitchen wall!!! :love:

Jokes aside, if you have passion on stone, why don't you remodel the kitchen using agate or onyx? This kind of idea is not uncommon in this world. In fact, I have been part of some crazy stone related projects such as labradorite and moonstone decorated living room.

OP, 11 is a descent trapiche emerald. However, you might want to consider 1 and 6 as well

void

Rough_Rock
Trade
Thank you for the suggestions everyone. This is an order for my client. She is looking for a trapiche emerald ring, and she is interested on that trapiche.

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
Are you a trade member? Same with the benitoite topic - ....my client....?

I don' t help for free a trade members buying gems - sorry.

void

Rough_Rock
Trade
Marlow|1417495223|3793702 said:
Are you a trade member? Same with the benitoite topic - ....my client....?

I don' t help for free a trade members buying gems - sorry.

I am a jewelry designer. Do I have to apply as trade member? I did not know that. Sorry

Marlow

Brilliant_Rock
In my opinion yes!! You buy gems and sell jewellery - and normally you earn money or not??

ephsea

Shiny_Rock
Liao - YES! This could happen. :idea: Very timely suggestion - I'm going to bring it up. Sooo many possibilities for the countertops and backsplash! If I could afford to set emerald trapiche like tiles...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
void|1417495803|3793708 said:
I am a jewelry designer. Do I have to apply as trade member? I did not know that. Sorry

Yes, you are considered Trade and I think you can either check the box yourself or request assistance from the Moderators to help you find the box.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results