shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with this diamond

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bonbon

Rough_Rock
I would like your advise on the following round stone. It is GIA certified and is for a diamond pendant necklace.

Weight: 0.75
Color: G
Clarity: SI1
Measurements: 5.87*5.90*3.58
Culet: None
Girdle: Thin to Medium
Polish: Good
Symmetry: Good

(Edited later)
Depth: 60.8%
Table: 58%

I donot have the Sarin on this stone. Is $2500 a good price for it?

Thank you!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SI1 would most likely look clean on a 6mm diamond, but who knows ? And the three numbers say close to nothing about cut. There is a price for everything, obviously, so this better not be as expensive as H&A G/SI1
2.gif
- which it does actually.

On a quick search, one of the ideal cuts G/SI1 comes at $2900 - other higher. So the lesser cut pedigree matters.

However, AGS0 cut G/SI appears for the same price - like this one. No idea of what makes it SI (there is no clarity plot on yours, as well), but the bit of extra cut info and better finish sound better to me, for what that matters.

bonbon

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply!

Sorry I forgot to add the depth and the table on the stone in my original post (oops...)

Here goes:
Depth - 60.8%
Table - 58%

Also, I have seen the diamond and it is eye clean (hence SI1). Under the loup, I saw a crystal and a feather side by side at 4 o'clock, as in the GIA report.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
If you''re satisfied with the diamond otherwise, the pricing is probably fair.

As Ana aluded otherwise, however, since a diamond of proven good cut quality is available for the same price, are you satisfied that you either have that now (you may!), or that you don''t want to pursue that?

Just suggesting food for thought.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results