shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with this Cushion diamond purchase please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kel

Rough_Rock
Ok I''ve narrowed it down to three choices...

The first I am not sure about as the size of the stone may mean it looks too round for a cushion....

But I would like opinions on these two if possible....The first is the one i am planning to buy as I am now leaning towards a slightly more rectangular cut (due to not wanting it to look too round) but I am worried about the depth - will this affect it??

http://www.michaeljay.com/index.cfm?action=diamonds.search.do&color_from=&color_to=&clarity_from=&clarity_to=&carat_from=&carat_to=&price_from=&price_to=&lot_number=10225&Image23.x=0&Image23.y=0

Or there''s this one but this is a G....http://www.michaeljay.com/index.cfm?action=diamonds.search.do&color_from=&color_to=&clarity_from=&clarity_to=&carat_from=&carat_to=&price_from=&price_to=&lot_number=114-540&Image23.x=0&Image23.y=0

Please please help!

Thanks
36.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Hi Kel,

You really can''t buy a cushion based on just the numbers. Either of those stones could be really nice or less than desireable.

As far as your concern about the depth (looks like 70%?)- I would personally prefer to look for a more shallow stone as it will likely face up larger.

Kel

Rough_Rock
So would you say the second option (although it''s G and the other two are F in colour) would be a better option?

I think I am going to go for the G option - opinions gratefully received PLEASE!!!!

In the photo the G stone is the left, the squarer cushion in the middle and the deeper stone which I will probably avoid on the right.

THANKS THANK THANKS!!!!

copycopy of 3cu[1] (3).jpg

singer

Brilliant_Rock
I personally like a more square cushion, but that is just my personal preference. I would go for the G and save some money, because a G is still very white! You probably won''t even be able to see any yellow at all, since a cushion is a brilliant stone (which helps hide color if there is any). I have a round brilliant that is a J and I have never noticed any yellow hue in it!
emteeth.gif

Visually, an F and a G will look the same. They are both near colorless, so don''t stress about that. Just get whatever one you feel best about.
emwink.gif

Kel

Rough_Rock
I am swaying to the more rectangular stone s I think in a stone this size the squarer cut one may look more round??

Kel

Rough_Rock
Bumpety bump - anyone!!!???

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
I have a rectangular cushion, so I am biased in favor of the most rectangular of the three.
2.gif
But seriously, all three of them look good, I would just pick the one that strikes you the most at this point! And good thinking on getting a cushion!
9.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
I tend to go for the square shape...and I think the more rectangular you go, the more chance you may have for a bow tie and more light leakage...HOWEVER, I have a 2ct square cushion and my only issue at times is that it does look rounded when set. I would go for a slightly more rectangular shape in the future...there are lots that are good performers and don't have bow ties...

Kel

Rough_Rock
Argh! Am now more confused! I love the square shape of the middle stone however am just worried it will look rounder in person. The other stone is a lot narrower and that may look too oval.

Any more views?!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results