shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock

I need help!! As you may have read in the past I am back and forth on what I want to do with my upgrade, reset etc... I think I have come to a decision. Although I have looked at some very nice diamonds, I think for the time being I am going to stick with my itty bitty .5 diamond and reset. Long story short--both my dh and I are in grad school, have a three year old, and another soon on the way. I came to my senses and thought it would be irresponsible to spent mucho $$$$ on new diamond etc...

Now to the point. I went into Jared''s Gallery of Jewelry to look at new settings (jeweler ruined my current setting (another long story). I was surprised to see a .5c pave antique inspired WG setting similiar to this one. However, the top was set with a square halo and the diamond was set above in four prongs. I don''t know how many mm wide, I''m guessing 9-12. It was very wide. It was sparkly and I liked it. It is also $799. I would buy it except I am now prejudice against b&m. I also feel "everyone" will have this same thing, because it is so mass produced in a shop that most buy things from. Can you help me find something similiar at a good price, that may be a little better quality and a little more on the unique side? I have looked at Fay Cullen, too pricey for what I want to achieve.

If it helps, it reminds me a little bit of the following Simon G on the next post. Of course stones are smaller and not quite as unique but the general shape is there. Please post if you know of web sites I should look at.

One more thing. I seem to remember seeing something similiar in the stuller catalog but can''t find it on their web site. Is there more than what is on their web site?

50267364888080_0.jpg

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Here is the simon g

Copy of Simon g 2.jpg

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
No one knows of any web sites I can visit? I must be a bad poster, hardly anyone ever replies.
33.gif

VuittonGal

Shiny_Rock
Check out Solomon Brothers www.solomonbrothers.com. I''m not sure about different price points, but they seem to have a large selection and a variety of designers from which to choose.
1.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
JA-I am looking! When I find something I will be certain to post it. You are not a bad poster.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Thanks Matatora, I was starting to feel paranoid. I wish I could find a photo of the Jared''s one online. They don''t have it on their website.

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I did a quick search on www.gottlieb-sons.com and saw this setting on page 1 of their engagement rings. It's not a halo but a wider setting with a matching band. I think your .5ct would look great in it.

Gottlieb is a good company. I almost bought one of their settings a few months ago but instead went with an eternity band. Good quality and not too expensive. A lot of b&m stores carry their line.

gottlieb_26728.jpg

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, I like the ring that jellybean posted. Have you gone to the diamond vendors page under resources on PS? The PS vendors are listed there with links to their websites. Many of them stock settings.

Shay

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock

I did go to a jeweler yesterday that carries the ring Jellybean posted. Although he didn''t have it in stock he had other things from the company. They were all very pretty but very expensive. He estimated the rep would call him Tuesday and the price for the ring would be somewhere around 4K. He said it could be a little bit under or a little bit over. Way over my budget. If I had money like that to spend right now I would upgrade my diamond.

I am debating between a setting at Firenze and one at Jared''s. I like the Firenze, it''s more money but is platinum and more diamonds. However, without actually being able to put it on my finger I''m not sure that I want to buy the setting online. A diamond works great that way, because I''ve never seen an ideal cut diamond I didn''t like. But I have tried on a lot of settings that looked pretty in the case, but awful on my finger. I''ll try to post some more pics.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Here is one from Firenze. It is .86c platinum.

DSCN2731-0lg.jpg

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
Another from Firenze. This one is just over a carat. It is also platinum.

DSCN4454-01.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think you should be afraid to buy from a brick and mortar store if they have what you like at a price that suits your budget. Chances are you won''t run into many people who would happen to have the same setting even if it is a standard stock item. However I really do like the second one that you posted from Firenze. Would they send it to you for approval before you have you diamond set in it to insure that you like the way it looks on your hand?

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
I don''t know. I am going to call them on Tuesday and get the information. Their information also doesn''t say what size stone it can accomodate. Pretty important stats.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do love the settings you just posted. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

thebanjodog

Shiny_Rock
35.gif
jewelry addict. i don''t have any mounting to offer as help but i hope you find what you want. banjo

EZ

Rough_Rock
Date: 9/1/2005 10:50:04 PM
Author: VuittonGal
Check out Solomon Brothers www.solomonbrothers.com. I''m not sure about different price points, but they seem to have a large selection and a variety of designers from which to choose.
1.gif
That''s where my Fi and I ordered her setting. Nice place, good view of Atlanta, and lots of sellection. I was getting ice blind in there.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results