shape
carat
color
clarity

help with sapphire stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

innajl

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a sapphire ring to wear on the right hand. I''ve read dsicssuiong here.
I saw my jewelerer whom I boght some stuff from before and he mentioned that most of beautiful sapphire stones are heat treated.
He showed me a nice stone 2.68 for 7K and it has swiss lab report on it. Under "coments" it says "H". He showed us swissreprot web page and it said that "H" means "No residue from heated treatment". Does anyone know exactly what it means? There are 4 gradations there this is the second from the top.

Also for "Cut" it says "Birillianr - step 4". What does it mean?

I loved the stone which is from Sri Lanka but am not sure whether it is worth the price ?

Thanks for your help

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2010 6:53:00 PM
Author:innajl
I am looking for a sapphire ring to wear on the right hand. I''ve read dsicssuiong here.
I saw my jewelerer whom I boght some stuff from before and he mentioned that most of beautiful sapphire stones are heat treated.
He showed me a nice stone 2.68 for 7K and it has swiss lab report on it. Under ''coments'' it says ''H''. He showed us swissreprot web page and it said that ''H'' means ''No residue from heated treatment''. Does anyone know exactly what it means? There are 4 gradations there this is the second from the top.

Also for ''Cut'' it says ''Birillianr - step 4''. What does it mean?

I loved the stone which is from Sri Lanka but am not sure whether it is worth the price ?

Thanks for your help
Looking at the Swiss Gem Lab website... here is a link for H (b)

The site states: H(b) type treatment - Clarity and/or color are enhanced by heat. Minor residues of glass-like materials are present in fissures. Enhancements such as Type B are considered permanent and will always be mentioned on the front page of the report

So, if the report says H(b), the stone is considered heat treated by them.

Do you have any pictures of the stone? It sounds quite expensive for a heated stone, but hard to say for definite without seeing what the colour is like.

innajl

Rough_Rock
Actually it is H - H enhanced by heat (no residues present).

I''ve taken the picture with iphone so it might not do enough justice to it as it is a really beautiful stone.

saph1.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results