shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with Ruby Quest

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Race

Rough_Rock
I was asked by the seller to be discrete as he has had issues with these forums and ban warnings.

Lets just say that the stone is well outside my price range and into "luxury sedan" territory.

Race

Rough_Rock
Middle five figures. I''ll also note that he''s already got people interested in it.

So! Update! Had a little roundabout conversation with my sweetie about stones and what we were actually talking about when we said "Burmese" and "Pigeon Blood". I couched the conversation in the guise of trivia facts, but we both knew what we were talking about. (Yes it was sickeningly cute, please forgive me.)

End result: I''m still looking for a Ruby, but my search parameters have broadened considerably. I''m now looking for a gorgeously cut stone of very nice color (red with blueish hues). I''d still like to stay over the 2ct range. Country of origin is less of a concern and I''d still consider a heated stone but not any additional treatment.

The hunt goes on!

lavenderlill

Rough_Rock
Have you browsed here? I believe this a site that Ed is also affiliated with - all rubies all the time at a variety of price points. Good luck in finding THE stone!

Race

Rough_Rock
The stone has been found! I''d like to take a moment to thank all the contributors of this thread. All of your responses helped in my quest.

The pictures were taken by me in my backyard using nothing but the noonday sun as the light source. None of the pics came out in particularly good focus but they''re pretty much the best I can do with what I''ve got. I think they convey the look of the stone.

Some specifics: Its 2.003cts, cushion cut. Its H(a) heated. It was mined from Burma(Myanmar). It has a certificate from GRS and was appraised by Richard Sherwood here in Sarasota. Richard really like the stone.

36.gif

TheRuby.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Wwwwwwoooooooowwwwww!!!
30.gif
18.gif
3.gif
36.gif

Fabulous!! Really stunning.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks to be a real beauty! What are your plans for setting?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice!!! I''m glad you found it :)

Race

Rough_Rock
Almost positive I''m going with the below style (see link). It''ll be custom work by Mr. Mege'', so it may not look exactly like this, but I really like the setting.

Setting style

Race

Rough_Rock
Here''s another disappointingly blurry picture of the stone ''burning'' in the UV of the sun:

ItBurns.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my word! It’s not often that I am left speechless but that beauty has left me groping to find the right words to describe its beauty. It is nothing short of amazing.
30.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, it looks beautiful! I''m glad your search didn''t take too long.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! Any idea of how you will set it?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow - the colour looks spectacular! Gorgeous, gorgeous stone, and I love your setting inspiration! Please come back and share setting ideas with us. There are some amazing hawk-eyed coloured stone posters that can help make a gorgeous setting a perfect piece of inspired art!

Where did you end up finding that amazing ruby?

Race

Rough_Rock
I picked up the gem from none other than Marc Sarosi at AfricaGems.com.

Let me take a moment to say how excellent Marc''s service was. I ended up finding this stone right before Christmas day. Marc got it out to me incredibly quickly. If you''ve read by initial post, you''ll know how dissatisfied I was with the stone I bought from another resource. So, I was definitely going to do some due diligence on this gem to make ''for certain sure'' it was on the up and up. I was concerned that I wouldn''t be able to get it checked out by Richard Sherwood within AfricaGem''s return policy period (the holidays and all). Marc assured me that we could work something out if necessary and suggested taking the gem to Richard before I even mentioned the Gemologist''s name!

If you find yourself in the market for a very, very nice ruby, I highly recommend AfricaGems.com

On another note, here''s a pic of the setting I''m looking to do (for those not willing to click the link above):

r787_018Ww.jpg

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Well doesn''t that just glow! What a beauty. Setting is gorgeous too, I bet it will be great with that stone. Congratulations, she is one lucky gal!

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
that stone is just stunning and a worthy one for your woman.

well done on an excellent find.

please do come back with pics of the finished ring!

36.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
A wonderful stone, and your setting idea is indeed something that this kind of gem deserves!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Woooooooow for the second picture. Very nice setting idea! Can''t wait for the finished piece and thank you for the review on Africagems, much appreciated.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, fabulous setting idea. Thanks for sharing! A Leon!
31.gif

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
wow 2 carats of pure red goodness...
this is brilliant

Race

Rough_Rock
Hello again Pricescope!

Just thought I''d post some pics of the final ring. I can''t thank you folks enough (again) for all your help!

RaceRing1a.gif

Race

Rough_Rock
Another shot.

RaceRing2a.gif

Race

Rough_Rock
And another.

RaceRing3a.gif

Race

Rough_Rock
And lastly the obligatory ''on the hand'' shot. Oh and she''s thrilled beyond words with it.
2.gif

RaceRing4a.gif

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am absolutely speechless! That is beyond exquisite! congrats to the both of you!

kayla.tastikk

Shiny_Rock
Absolutely stunning. She''s very lucky.

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/7/2009 4:01:07 PM
Author:Race
Hi all,

Well, I have a fairly typical situation that I hope you folks can help change from a sad story into a yarn with a fairy tale ending.
Looks like you got your fairy-tale ending! It''s stunning. Congratulations to you both!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
MZ raises a good point.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
OMG! It''s so beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results