shape
carat
color
clarity

Help with resetting a RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sharonb

Rough_Rock

Love looking at everyone''s stuff! I was hoping for some help choosing a new setting for a 2ct RB. I want a fairly classic solitaire setting with some character. I''m not sure about a setting with diamonds--if I go that route, I don''t want too many. These 2 below I liked. I''ve also contemplated working with Leon Mege...his rings are perfect! Thanks in advance for your help/advice!

Tacori999.jpg

sharonb

Rough_Rock
Ring #2

Scott Kay999.jpg

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those are both beautiful settings. What a fun problem to have! Have you considered remounting on a shank with three-sided pave to give some subtle bling? You might check out all the beautiful rings in the E-ring folder under the Show Me the Ring forum to get some ideas from what others have done.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Id go with the latter of the two you posted but have you considered getting a classic 6 prong tiffany style mounting and having hand engraving done to it all over?

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
If you have the budget to work with someone like Leon Megé, then that is precisely what you should do. In the words of another Pricescope member (pretty sure it was Strmrdr), "settings are not an afterthought". Create the most beautiful ring you can. Going with a top notch custom designer is the perfect way to get the total package. The ring should be thought of as a whole, and not just the background for the stone. If you get something that is perfectly crafted, you will notice and enjoy the difference for years to come.

sharonb

Rough_Rock
Is it difficult to find a jeweler who does nice engraving work? Anyone have any experience?

Also, any jewelers to recommend other than Tacori/Scott Kay/Fay Cullen for an antique look?

sharonb

Rough_Rock
I''ve been thinking about these settings too.

setting888.jpg

sharonb

Rough_Rock
Setting #2

yellow999.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I L
30.gif
VE Leon Mege. I would go with him in a heart beat. Or you local to him? if so, you should set up an appt. and meet with him. i''ve heard he has tons of pictures of his rings that show a lot more than his website.

you can check out antiqueengagementrings.com

here''s one I saved from estatediamondjewelry.com

onlywitharound.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
NOt really. I know the one that I would take mine to here if I chose to do that. She''s the one that everyone sends things to.

sharonb

Rough_Rock
I wish I lived close to Leon! I''m in FL. I''m a little bit hesitant about trying to figure out exactly what I want over the phone. Also, it''s a little bit scary shipping your stone so far away (unless he can make the setting without the stone--not sure). Anybody have any jewelers to recommend in FL?

sharonb

Rough_Rock
Ame

Did you get yours engraved?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results