shape
carat
color
clarity

help with loose stones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
So, I jumped right in and had a few stones shipped to me. Two are a pair of matched zircons which I''m going to keep because they are a nice size and the price seems right to me.

The other two stones are both trilliant cut tsavorites. You can view them both here. I need your help! I''m pretty sure I won''t keep the smaller one. Something about it just doesn''t suit my eye, and even as a small ring I think I''d want it just a tad bigger. The larger of the two looks great to me, but I''m concerned with its color. It looks perfect unset, but I''m afraid it will be too dark once set. I''d say its color is fairly close in person to what you see in the photo.

I''ll try to take some photos tomorrow if you need them.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
zrcons...nice! THey''ll make great earrings! I think Gary does a great job to determine color and saturation. So with that in mind, it could very well be too dark to set, but pictures would be nice.(you know how we do
2.gif
)

-A

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I''ll try my hand at photos when I return from Mass.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Well, the afternoon got away from me, so all of these were shot in my kitchen. We have a fluorescent overhead light, and the camera flash was on. I think most of these were true to what I see.

First the zircons I''m keeping:

zirconpair.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
one more of the zircons:

zirconpairperspective.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
And now the tsavorites:

tsavoraitecolorcomparison1.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
See how the smaller one lights up? The larger one just doesn't shine from within the same way. But I think its size and cut are better.

tsavoritecolorcomparison2.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Some size perspective:

tsavoritesperspective1.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Last one:

tsavoritesperspective2.jpg

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
So as I''m uploading these pictures I have the stones sitting in front of me. The lighting in here is incandescent lighting. The larger stone pretty much looks black with green flashes, and the smaller one looks like the larger one does in the pictures.

I think I''ve made a decision, but I''d still love your (brutally honest) opinions.

Thanks!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your zircons are lovely. The tsavorites are great color but the larger one does look dark and doesn''t seem to have much sparkle to it.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with the larger tsavorite looking too dark and not lively in your pictures.

lavatea

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, thanks. That''s pretty much what I had decided. The more I looked at them, and also while I was taking pictures, it just seemed a little listless. The smaller one sparkles a lot, but I don''t think it''s quite right for me, either.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results